Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

And there it is 41x3 but looks like there just testing it comes on and off not even enough to do a speed test

It's most likely because you have a CA capable device. Every time your phone starts a data session, it queries for CA, and since CA is not active yet on the 3rd carrier, your device pushes you back to the 1st and 2nd carriers so it can use CA.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

getting some odd 3g SID form a tower here in town wish I could upload a photo instead I will write it here 

1XRTT

RSSI:-73 dBm,Ec/lo:-7.0dB

SID:4183,NID;248,BID; 46083 (XB403)

Provider: Sprint 

Note:(none,Click to add )

BSL: 3723 Wilson Rd, Bakersfield Ca

eHRPD

RSSI:-77 dBm,Ec/lo-2.5dB,SNR:7db

Singnalcheck PRO

Edited by Nextel49

have now seen 1x800 again for a short bit enough time to get a screen shot 

address of the tower is 4517-4539 Buena Vista Rd Bakersfield 

what is the deal with the (xB301)

I have anonther 1X800 that was on 690 S Wheerler Ridge rd Arvin Ca 

with (xB523) what do these mean thanx

• 2 weeks later...

I was in Yosemite last week, and places where I would get roaming data no longer worked. I could send texts but access zero data.

Any idea what changed?

It's a growing trend nationwide for Sprint users when roaming on Verizon. Some users on this board have seen the same thing. Calls and SMS are fine, but no data while on Verizon. I haven't been able to establish a data connection on Verizon in East Texas since last fall.

It's a growing trend nationwide for Sprint users when roaming on Verizon. Some users on this board have seen the same thing. Calls and SMS are fine, but no data while on Verizon. I haven't been able to establish a data connection on Verizon in East Texas since last fall.

Is this being discussed in any thread in particular?

Is this being discussed in any thread in particular?

No. Just random posts by users pointing it out.

For example, see some of the latest posts on the HTC 10 thread for other people seeing the same thing you're seeing. If I had to take a wild guess, this is a Verizon issue that will likely never be fixed. They have no incentive to fix this issue since they are moving on to VoLTE.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm still wondering what Sprint was thinking when they did all of the GMR builds in Fresno.

GMR's not the worst thing in the world, at least B25 and B26 are still a possibility. GMOs on the other hand, limited B25 (most don't have it) and no B26.

• Like 1

Heh. Remember there was a time (before LTE) when data in Fresno was basically useless. Back then we were happy with any upgrade! Right now I just wish all Sprint towers had band 41.

Question. Does anyone know Sprint's local 1900MHz spectrum licenses? Any possibility for 10x10 band 25?

Heh. Remember there was a time (before LTE) when data in Fresno was basically useless. Back then we were happy with any upgrade! Right now I just wish all Sprint towers had band 41.

Question. Does anyone know Sprint's local 1900MHz spectrum licenses? Any possibility for 10x10 band 25?

Nope. No chance at all unless they do a convoluted swap with att and Verizon. Verizon would get nothing out of such a deal and without Verizon interested att would have no incentive to swap.

Tmobile and att are the king of PCS spectrum out west and they've long ago realigned their PCS spectrum for maximum continuity.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Nope. No chance at all unless they do a convoluted swap with att and Verizon. Verizon would get nothing out of such a deal and without Verizon interested att would have no incentive to swap.

Tmobile and att are the king of PCS spectrum out west and they've long ago realigned their PCS spectrum for maximum continuity.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Darn - it would have been real nice to have. Assuming I searched the FCC's site correctly, it seems like they own the 15x15 PCS A block in this part of the country. That's a huge chunk of spectrum... any predictions as to how soon it'll get refarmed? 

Maybe once they're allowed to run 800MHz LTE all over this market they can shut down EvDO and roll out 10x10 LTE on it and leave 5x5 for CDMA voice? I just hate seeing such a large chunk of spectrum being wasted on inefficient, outdated technology that nobody uses anymore...  :(

Darn - it would have been real nice to have. Assuming I searched the FCC's site correctly, it seems like they own the 15x15 PCS A block in this part of the country. That's a huge chunk of spectrum... any predictions as to how soon it'll get refarmed? 

Maybe once they're allowed to run 800MHz LTE all over this market they can shut down EvDO and roll out 10x10 LTE on it and leave 5x5 for CDMA voice? I just hate seeing such a large chunk of spectrum being wasted on inefficient, outdated technology that nobody uses anymore...  :(

They only own 20 MHz of A block up yonder. 10 MHz of it was long ago disagregated and sold mainly to ATT who now uses it for their 15x15 / 20x20 Band 2 LTE.

Southern California still has the original 30 MHz A block of which 10 MHz are refarmed to a 5 MHz FDD B25 carrier with the rest allocated to 5-6 x 1.25 MHz CDMA carriers of the EVDO or 1x variety. 

Also in the you must search for licensing down to the county / mta - bta level to get the true amount of spectrum licensed. 

Just wait 4G will be gone shortly beacuse 5G is going to be installed pretty killer speeds they just did in London for the US speeds are 19.2 GB to 23.1 GB so we are on the waiting game again as sad as that is