Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

Make sure the signal booster supports LTE band 25/26 and that's all u need.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Great........do you have one you recommend?  what about band 41?

Edited by augmont

Great........do you have one you recommend? what about band 41?

If you barely get band 26 I highly doubt you'll get band 41 so that's not a priority.

Weboost models are popular. They're formerly known as Wilson electronics.

Sent from my Nexus 5

We do not have broadband at home as we live too far from U-verse or Comcast and my only source for internet is my phone.  So how can you help?  

We can help.  Are you using an "unlimited" data plan on one or more of your handsets as the broadband source for other devices at home?

AJ

If you barely get band 26 I highly doubt you'll get band 41 so that's not a priority.

Weboost models are popular. They're formerly known as Wilson electronics.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thanks.  Too bad Sprint didn't ask me where to place their tower.  I'm about 2.5 miles away from the tower and i'm sure that moving it 1/2 mile closer would have made a world of difference.  I was at my mother's house yesterday who's about 1 mile away from the tower and on band 41 i got 39 mbps speeds yesterday.  

We can help.  Are you using an "unlimited" data plan on one or more of your handsets as the broadband source for other devices at home?

AJ

We have 3 phones and all have the unlimited data plan.

We have 3 phones and all have the unlimited data plan.

Are you using data just on the phones?  Or are you also using the data connection from the phones to feed other devices at home?

AJ

Are you using data just on the phones?  Or are you also using the data connection from the phones to feed other devices at home?

AJ

just our phones - does that make a difference?

My phone rarely gets 4g (LG FLEX) and the other phones get 4G about 50% of the time.  

just our phones - does that make a difference?

My phone rarely gets 4g (LG FLEX) and the other phones get 4G about 50% of the time.  

It does make a difference.  Tethering on "unlimited" data plans violates Sprint's Ts and Cs, and S4GRU rules prohibit such discussion.  But if you are using "unlimited" data only on the phones, then you are within the Ts and Cs.

As Tim noted, a band 26 capable booster could be useful.  It is also possible that band 26 has not yet been optimized on your serving site, hence is operating at lower power.  If so, then a signal booster may not be necessary in the long run.

AJ 

It does make a difference.  Tethering on "unlimited" data plans violates Sprint's Ts and Cs, and S4GRU rules prohibit such discussion.  But if you are using "unlimited" data only on the phones, then you are within the Ts and Cs.

As Tim noted, a band 26 capable booster could be useful.  It is also possible that band 26 has not yet been optimized on your serving site, hence is operating at lower power.  If so, then a signal booster may not be necessary in the long run.

AJ

is it possible to get band 41 if reception for band 26 is better than avg.?  

is it possible to get band 41 if reception for band 26 is better than avg.?  

Not likely. Band 41 is 2.5 ghz. If you barely get Band 26, which is 800 mhz, then the next step up would be Band 25 which is 1.9 ghz. 

Not likely. Band 41 is 2.5 ghz. If you barely get Band 26, which is 800 mhz, then the next step up would be Band 25 which is 1.9 ghz. 

I'll confirm when i get home which bands the Samsung S4's get.  Here in Fresno, my LG gets band 25 and i really think that's what the Samsung S4's are getting too.

Edited by augmont

All Right Boys/Gals I have yet once again been up to see my mom in Visalia & yet on my drive up there while looking the Note 4 & my own LG G2 I still can not get anything with Band 26 can anyone explain why I can't get it while others on here keep posting they get B26 all up there & Fresno why are my phones not getting it? also when my phones pick up 1x800 my phone will not pick up B26 or any LTE unless its not supposed to ever get it please help me understand what is going on with this issue my moms place is close to N Parkwood Ct/ Akers visila ca thanx in advance

All Right Boys/Gals I have yet once again been up to see my mom in Visalia & yet on my drive up there while looking the Note 4 & my own LG G2 I still can not get anything with Band 26 can anyone explain why I can't get it while others on here keep posting they get B26 all up there & Fresno why are my phones not getting it? also when my phones pick up 1x800 my phone will not pick up B26 or any LTE unless its not supposed to ever get it please help me understand what is going on with this issue my moms place is close to N Parkwood Ct/ Akers visila ca thanx in advance

I found Band 26 for a short period of time on Shaw in Fresno just west of the 41 freeway. All of Tulare county is in the San Bernardino County exclusion zone, meaning it could be up to winter before Band 26 gets launched in Visalia. As for why you are you having issues picking up any LTE, that's beyond me.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

As Josh mentioned, Visalia is part of Tulare County so no 800MHz LTE for them. I haven't seen it in Hanford (Kings County) either - would help a ton.

As for your mom's place, Sensorly shows you should get LTE there, at least outside. Perhaps try flipping airplane mode on and off?

In areas where you only get 1X800 (as in, only that, not even 3G) then you won't get LTE. That's because 1X800 is the strongest signal. This is most common on rural roads far from Sprint towers because Sprint has a sparse network around here.

In my experience, from strongest to weakest:

1X800

800MHz 4G LTE

1900MHz 3G EVDO

1900MHz LTE

As Josh mentioned, Visalia is part of Tulare County so no 800MHz LTE for them. I haven't seen it in Hanford (Kings County) either - would help a ton.

As for your mom's place, Sensorly shows you should get LTE there, at least outside. Perhaps try flipping airplane mode on and off?

In areas where you only get 1X800 (as in, only that, not even 3G) then you won't get LTE. That's because 1X800 is the strongest signal. This is most common on rural roads far from Sprint towers because Sprint has a sparse network around here.

1X800

800MHz 4G LTE

1900MHz 3G EVDO

1900MHz LTE

I did get a little of the LTE B41 yet not much strength inside or outside just sad to not see any B26 anywhere from LA to Visalia

...just sad to not see any B26 anywhere from LA to Visalia

You cannot spell San Bernardino without S-A-D.

AJ

• Like 3

I did get a little of the LTE B41 yet not much strength inside or outside just sad to not see any B26 anywhere from LA to Visalia

Yeah, 800MHz LTE is going to make a massive difference, especially before densification.

Visalia (and Merced for that matter) is a very lucky city in the Central Valley. Being a Clear market, they have a dense grid of towers. If they're converted to full Sprint sites (with band 25, 26, 41) Sprint will have a network as dense as T-Mobile's in those cities. And in my opinion both cities need them, and would allow Sprint to easily have the fastest network there.

Visalia Clear locations:

42863c14a1.png

Merced Clear locations (huge difference, considering this city of 80+k is mostly covered by 2 Sprint towers): 

57c8ffdafa.png

• Like 1

Yeah, 800MHz LTE is going to make a massive difference, especially before densification.

Visalia (and Merced for that matter) is a very lucky city in the Central Valley. Being a Clear market, they have a dense grid of towers. If they're converted to full Sprint sites (with band 25, 26, 41) Sprint will have a network as dense as T-Mobile's in those cities. And in my opinion both cities need them, and would allow Sprint to easily have the fastest network there.

Visalia Clear locations:

42863c14a1.png

Merced Clear locations (huge difference, considering this city of 80+k is mostly covered by 2 Sprint towers): 

57c8ffdafa.png

How did you find this map? which site I would love to see Bakersfield towers like this was this Sensorly?

How did you find this map? which site I would love to see Bakersfield towers like this was this Sensorly?

Uh, it is the Clearwire coverage map utility -- online for years at Clear.com.

AJ

1X800

800MHz 4G LTE

1900MHz 3G EVDO

1900MHz LTE

Everywhere in Texas, when you're indoors then this is from strongest to weakest:

1x 800

1x 1900

EVDO 1900

LTE 800

LTE 1900

LTE 2500

LTE signal seems to deteriorate a lot faster indoors than CDMA technology. 800 LTE always fall back to a somewhat useful 1900 3G EVDO (around -101 through -103).

• Like 1

Everywhere in Texas, when you're indoors then this is from strongest to weakest:

1x 800

1x 1900

EVDO 1900

LTE 800

LTE 1900

LTE 2500

LTE signal seems to deteriorate a lot faster indoors than CDMA technology. 800 LTE always fall back to a somewhat useful 1900 3G EVDO (around -101 through -103).

my Brother lives in Midland TX he has the worst coverage & he is on an HTC M8

Midland has no B26 because of IBEZ. Still Rebanding that area. Also, Nokia has not started B41 installs in West Texas. So it is just a B25 market, and I don't think they even have LTE on every site there. So I'm not surprised.

Using Nexus 6 on Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's on Clear's website:

http://www.clear.com/coverage

Not sure how much longer that will last - I'm surprised it's still online.

Take a look at a big market like LA or NYC and you'll see a dense amount of Clear towers.

Fresno and Bakersfield weren't Clear markets so they only seem to have one spectrum protection site.

Trust me, it ain't his cellphone; its Midland. That whole part of the state is so depressing and dusty that it makes everything in your life 2x worse than what it actually is. There are fields of oil wells as far as the eye can see on that region. Very little agriculture outside of Cotton (which leads to those old western style tumble weeds in some parts of town). The entire town is filled with roughnecks who spend their nights at the local Twin Peaks and finish off the night at the local strip club.

Its Oil Town USA. Lots of money to be made, but at the cost of your sanity.

• Like 1

HELP HELP SPRINT HAS TOLD ME A WOOPER OF A TAIL YESTERDAY PLEASE ANYONE CLEARIFY THIS!!! I was told Spark will be running on "Band 45"?????? where in the world did this band come from & are there some sort of quad band phones I never heard about yet? or is Sprint just blowing smoke again?????