Network Vision/LTE - Lower Central Valley Market (Fresno, Bakersfield, Visalia)

aelenes

• 2 weeks later...

The tower sprint has submitted a permit is on Howard Street near river park and freeway 41

I believe work is not gonna start for quite some time

I went by there today and there was a lift with some workers going at it. The problem is that there are two towers in that same basic area: One is a monopole that looks exactly like most of the sprint towers around here (but not all of them, because there's one that looks just like that one that is across the street from my office but is definitely not a sprint tower) and there's also some panels up on a self-supporting lattice structure. It was the lattice structure that was being worked on.

I'll make some time to go over there and check it out more closely.

It actually was customer service the lady said she was a escalation manager and that it was starting here and I will soon experience issues do to the work gonna be done

Next time you talk to phone support, ask them where theyre located. If they say California......they might be in Clovis, on Shaw. Tell them if they lie to you, you know where they park.

If a city has unrealistic expectations, they will just make them last. Also, Sprint is in compliance with the FCC. They don't have to add LTE or do NV upgrades if they don't want to. I don't know what you're talking about them getting into trouble.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

The city of Fresno approves absolutely anything and everything.

I'm also from Fresno, but currently living in Stockton. Doesn't look like either Fresno or Stockton have records online, but Clovis seems to. I just don't know what I'm looking for haha. 

http://cap.ci.clovis.ca.us/CAP/Site/Permit/Search

Hopefully you guys are better at it than I am. 

It seems like the Central valley is this big giant gaping hole of Sprint LTE. Considering the amount of agricultural business and how many people pass through, you'd think that they'd be on it faster. :-(

I'm also from Fresno, but currently living in Stockton. Doesn't look like either Fresno or Stockton have records online, but Clovis seems to. I just don't know what I'm looking for haha. 

http://cap.ci.clovis.ca.us/CAP/Site/Permit/Search

Hopefully you guys are better at it than I am. 

It seems like the Central valley is this big giant gaping hole of Sprint LTE. Considering the amount of agricultural business and how many people pass through, you'd think that they'd be on it faster. :-(

Might want to head over to the UCV thread 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3476-network-visionlte-upper-central-valley-market-sacramento-stockton-redding-eureka-renolake-tahoe/

and my permit thread for info.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3724-upper-central-valley-market-network-vision-permits/

I only recently figured out Manteca, Tracy, and Modesto but nil on stockton. Another member also lives works in stockton / lodi area and I've given him instructions on how to physically find Stockton permits if you want to check my permit thread.

Might want to head over to the UCV thread 

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3476-network-visionlte-upper-central-valley-market-sacramento-stockton-redding-eureka-renolake-tahoe/

and my permit thread for info.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3724-upper-central-valley-market-network-vision-permits/

I only recently figured out Manteca, Tracy, and Modesto but nil on stockton. Another member also lives works in stockton / lodi area and I've given him instructions on how to physically find Stockton permits if you want to check my permit thread.

There's seems to be some differences in how the building permits are categorized I believe.  I'm not very familiar with contracting and building permits, so please excuse my ignorance. For example I didn't see a category for non building permit, and unfortunately theres no keyword search on the Clovis website. 

Also, any idea on how accurate NetMonitor's maps are for tower location? They seem to differ in geographical location from what I see on Sprint Network Vision expansion maps. I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Stockton for any work or strange coverage.... daytime data speeds have been atrocious along with latency upwards of 2000ms over a number of towers. I know Stockton has a relatively small number of Sprint towers, but it's been getting progressively worse. I can't tell if it's because of network overload or work being done. 

There's seems to be some differences in how the building permits are categorized I believe.  I'm not very familiar with contracting and building permits, so please excuse my ignorance. For example I didn't see a category for non building permit, and unfortunately theres no keyword search on the Clovis website. 

Also, any idea on how accurate NetMonitor's maps are for tower location? They seem to differ in geographical location from what I see on Sprint Network Vision expansion maps. I'll keep my eyes peeled here in Stockton for any work or strange coverage.... daytime data speeds have been atrocious along with latency upwards of 2000ms over a number of towers. I know Stockton has a relatively small number of Sprint towers, but it's been getting progressively worse. I can't tell if it's because of network overload or work being done. 

It's just building permit for non building structures from nearly every permit i've encountered. In fact, I've found permits in nearly every municipality so far for Sprint (Sacramento, Davis, Lodi, Yuba City, Reno, Carson City, etc etc) that posts permits online so Stockton must have some applied or issued that I can't find.

Most apps that tell you what sites you're connected to are inaccurate as it's based off 1x signals. Our markets GPS seems to be offset a bit away from the cell sites so it isn't complete accurate but gives you a sense of a general area of where it could be. I hear ya on the slow speeds and high latency. It's coming now and i'm tracking them all!

Looks like sprint is last to bring lte to the lower central Valley

Somewhere has to be last. And I think most Americans would chose Fresno and Bakersfield to be last. Not me, personally. But I hear the jokes. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I think we still have till almost the end of the year just till they start work here

Work is starting in the Lower Central Valley Market now.  There are already a few Network Vision sites accepted with GMO upgrades in the LCV market.  In the Sponsor section of the site, we include maps and daily updates of sites accepted as complete.

Robert

Somewhere has to be last. And I think most Americans would chose Fresno and Bakersfield to be last. Not me, personally. But I hear the jokes. ;)

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/02/04/fresno-california-americas-drunkest-city/

PARTY HARDY BABY WOOOOOOO

I see that the tower at 1401 Caldwell in Visalia had a Sprint permit filed on 4/26/13. The description contains the magic words:

INSTALL 2 NEW EQUIP. CABINETS, 3 NEW PANEL ANTENNAS, AND MISC EQUIP.

Yeah buddy. One of my clients is directly beneath that tower.