Network Vision/LTE - Pittsburgh Market

Bar1203

Recently ive noticed a drop in speeds. At my school, where verizon`s 3G is so slow, it doenst even work, i am usually connected to CDMA-eHRPD:14. Ping is usually lower than 110 M.S but the download speeds rarely go above 0.50 Mbps when they use to go over 1 Mbps earlier when i first saw eHRPD in my area

• 3 weeks later...
whenever primanti bros stops serving sandwiches with french fries on them

your just jealous b/c the sandwiches are delicious... I understand being new and seeing many other areas talked about and just wanting to hear some news about my area, even if it was the last market to launch, I wanted to know. Specific towers, maps, and the specific information is what is privy to the sponsors, the basics of "yes Virginia, network vision does exist for your town" is fine to tell people (without an attitude). Those who want to see what tower is closest to their house and what date it is scheduled to start, those people are the ones who need to become sponsors, if only to keep the lights on so we can continue to enjoy this forum.

Recently ive noticed a drop in speeds. At my school, where verizon`s 3G is so slow, it doenst even work, i am usually connected to CDMA-eHRPD:14. Ping is usually lower than 110 M.S but the download speeds rarely go above 0.50 Mbps when they use to go over 1 Mbps earlier when i first saw eHRPD in my area

I have found this to be true as well, although I have not seen any eHRPD. I was getting 1.5Mb/s on average at the end of last year both in cranberry township and in butler... now it has significantly slowed and I thought it was just due to people upgrading to smartphones on both sprint and boost which are both popular here. I know that the bandaid fixes are only a temporary fix and it was my understanding that as the speeds increased, people would use their smartphones more, slowing the speed down for everyone. If it is going to be fixed soon with full network vision, I can wait a few months... if not, we could surely use a few more T1 lines in the interim.

your just jealous b/c the sandwiches are delicious... I understand being new and seeing many other areas talked about and just wanting to hear some news about my area, even if it was the last market to launch, I wanted to know. Specific towers, maps, and the specific information is what is privy to the sponsors, the basics of "yes Virginia, network vision does exist for your town" is fine to tell people (without an attitude). Those who want to see what tower is closest to their house and what date it is scheduled to start, those people are the ones who need to become sponsors, if only to keep the lights on so we can continue to enjoy this forum.

I have found this to be true as well, although I have not seen any eHRPD. I was getting 1.5Mb/s on average at the end of last year both in cranberry township and in butler... now it has significantly slowed and I thought it was just due to people upgrading to smartphones on both sprint and boost which are both popular here. I know that the bandaid fixes are only a temporary fix and it was my understanding that as the speeds increased, people would use their smartphones more, slowing the speed down for everyone. If it is going to be fixed soon with full network vision, I can wait a few months... if not, we could surely use a few more T1 lines in the interim.

Couldn`t agree more :D I`ve done numerous speedtests here in the Butler area, and the fastest speeds are usually on the intersection of Duffy Road, near the VA hospital. Usually get over 1 Mbps on the downlink there. Everywhere else, pretty slow. My question though is when sprint deploys LTE in Pittsburgh, PA, are they eventually going to deploy it up here in Butler?

Couldn`t agree more :D I`ve done numerous speedtests here in the Butler area, and the fastest speeds are usually on the intersection of Duffy Road, near the VA hospital. Usually get over 1 Mbps on the downlink there. Everywhere else, pretty slow. My question though is when sprint deploys LTE in Pittsburgh, PA, are they eventually going to deploy it up here in Butler?

Yes, butler is part of the pittsburgh market, and that is how sprint is defining their network vision upgrade areas. Now I cannot speak to the fact that sprint might start in the city of pittsburgh and then work outward, or if they will start in the suburbs like they did with Chicago... The third option is they might start with one tower in every area... highly unlikely, but sponsors might have that information.

Shotgun style. Whenever a tower is ready, be it in the city or in the rural areas, crews will hop on it. Tendancy is for crews to start at more rural areas to mitigate problems for end users in case they screw up on something if it's a green crew (all contractors are local people).

They will be migrated in clusters. Work is being done in the rural areas first, not a single site jas been constructed in the City of Pittsburgh to the best of my knowledge, and I know more about this project than im allowed to discuss in a public forum.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

They will be migrated in clusters. Work is being done in the rural areas first, not a single site jas been constructed in the City of Pittsburgh to the best of my knowledge, and I know more about this project than im allowed to discuss in a public forum.

Good approach sprint has been making to their upgrades. I will be watching for any activity or faster speeds here. Will post anything new i find out.

Any news for LTE in the Pittsburgh area? We feel like we are being snubbed!

Work on GMO sites is beginning very soon. Full build sites will not begin until later in the Spring.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

whenever primanti bros stops serving sandwiches with french fries on them

You do realize if you went to Primanti Bros in downtown and did that, the woman that runs the original store would have you thrown out on your bum? She is a Witchy woman! I have heard Tales!!!

You do realize if you went to Primanti Bros in downtown and did that, the woman that runs the original store would have you thrown out on your bum? She is a Witchy woman! I have heard Tales!!!

Ive never been there. And I live in Butler.. I need to get out more here lol

I got some property in cranberry and people are in and out working on the sprint tower next door hope to see some LTE goodness soon don't do me any good at my house no service at all without the airave

It's 420 somewhere

I got some property in cranberry and people are in and out working on the sprint tower next door hope to see some LTE goodness soon don't do me any good at my house no service at all without the airave

It's 420 somewhere

I will take a roadtrip to cranberry and see what i can find out lol

• 3 weeks later...

When will pittsburgh pa get network vision?

That is entirely dependent on sprint, as well as samsung, as they are the vendors who will be controlling the pittsburgh market. From my guess, sprint has been working on certain sites in Cranberry, PA. This tells me that sprint will be going for the rural areas first. Once LTE is active in areas surrounding Pittsburgh, you should start to see NV/LTE upgrades sometime after that. As far as an ETA time for this to happen, id say within this year sometime. Sorry i could not be more specific with the time, but im not entirely sure myself as to when NV deployment will start in Pittsburgh.. Hope this helped you out a bit! :D

Construction in the Pittsburgh market jas been underway for a few months already and some sites have already been migrated to netvision equipment.

Construction in the Pittsburgh market jas been underway for a few months already and some sites have already been migrated to netvision equipment.

Good to know thank you

And as a side question, is there a specific reason why Pittsburgh has not been mentioned in the "deployment running list" yet towers are supposedly currently being worked on and I heard at a sprint store that we are getting the 4 g's this summer? Is there any truth to it?

Any specific areas that you can name? I haven't seen anywhere that is considerable faster. ie downtown, waterfront, squirrel hill, southside, West Mifflin, Clairton, or north Shore.

Keep in mind that the Pittsburgh market has a pretty far reach and there is at least one 4G LTE site on the air in Pittsburgh. I can't volunteer the location and you'll never see it with a commercial PRL anyways.