LTE roll out message today

I noticed that too, but I am contributing it to eHPRD trying to decide weither to hand off on EVDO or LTE... seems theres a long pause in neogiating.

I contribute it to the garbage CDMA chip (VIA) that the galaxy nexus uses (I have LTE turned off).

I seem to be the only one on s4gru that is plagued with major data connectivity issues with the galaxy nexus. The EVO 4G LTE has been pretty darn flawless in comparison.

Well, I don't know about any text message but as I am sitting here in my den, I looked down at my gnex and it has an lte connection, I also looked at my evolte and it also has an lte connection. Yes, my nipples are hard with excitement. I will post screenshots after a few speedtests.

• Like 13

Well, I don't know about any text message but as I am sitting here in my den, I looked down at my gnex and it has an lte connection, I also looked at my evolte and it also has an lte connection. Yes, my nipples are hard with excitement. I will post screenshots after a few speedtests.

Rats, to bad you can't hit the Like button amount 20 times.

:(

Please do tell us where you're at. :)

I contribute it to the garbage CDMA chip (VIA) that the galaxy nexus uses (I have LTE turned off).

I seem to be the only one on s4gru that is plagued with major data connectivity issues with the galaxy nexus. The EVO 4G LTE has been pretty darn flawless in comparison.

The Qualcomm baseband in the EVO 4G LTE and GS3 will be much better. Yeah, Via really effed up on the Nexus. That device has major issues on VZW as well. Only the global Nexus sold in thr Play Store performs well with RF IMO. That's only a real option on AT&T and T-Mobile.

do you really have both a gnex, and an evo lte.... playa.

• Like 4

do you really have both a gnex, and an evo lte.... playa.

Yes I do, and for those that wants to know my location I am in south atlanta. About 5 minutes south of the airport(jonesboro to be exact).

• Like 2

The Qualcomm baseband in the EVO 4G LTE and GS3 will be much better. Yeah, Via really effed up on the Nexus. That device has major issues on VZW as well. Only the global Nexus sold in thr Play Store performs well with RF IMO. That's only a real option on AT&T and T-Mobile.

Yeah, the GSM nexus uses the Infineon/Intel X-Gold 626 chip which is pretty darn good.

I can't tell you how much I hate the CDMA chip on the galaxy nexus. Only good part about it, is the nice upload performance I seem to get.

Poor reception and a loss of connectivity. Speeds are fine, call quality is fine.

im too much a fan of the stock android ice cream sandwich experience that google intended. i had the htc incredible and htc thunderbolt on verizon... just wasnt a fan of sense.

I used to think that way until now stock andoid is starting to bloat up.

Preinstalled google bloat:

Google+

Latitude

Local

Messenger

Movie Studio

Play Books

Play Movies

Play Music

Search

Shopper

Annoying :( Pure google should let me uninstall it.

I used to think that way until now stock andoid is starting to bloat up.

Preinstalled google bloat:

Google+

Latitude

Local

Messenger

Movie Studio

Play Books

Play Movies

Play Music

Search

Shopper

Annoying Pure google should let me uninstall it.

I know on the evo LTE you can go into the settings and disable all the bloat apps.

im too much a fan of the stock android ice cream sandwich experience that google intended. i had the htc incredible and htc thunderbolt on verizon... just wasnt a fan of sense.

There are always custom ROMS. Pick the hardware you like and then look over on XDA for who makes the best alternative options.

you know what i like about galaxy nexus? :) when google releases next OS... jelly bean, they will make it for my device after their next flagship.... no ports, no roms....

as i was typing i thought of this quote, dont know why...

"you know what i like about high school girls? I get older... they stay the same age."

• Like 1

I'm really surprised that Google made different Galaxy Nexi for CDMA & GSM, and for LTE & no-LTE, instead of just using a chipset that can do everything like the MDM6600 & connecting a LTE daughtercard to the phones destined for networks where it mattered.

Even if the phones cost more to manufacture, it would have saved Google (and the carriers themselves) money by letting them dump unsold inventory to someone like MetroPCS (or a regional carrier in India, or Russia, or New Zealand) by selling the phones for half price with the requirement that they be reflashed and repackaged with new battery back covers (or sold to companies like Assurion for use as replacement spares). If the only difference between an AT&T GNex and a Sprint GNex were the ROM image flashed to it and the logo on the battery back, they'd all be in less danger of ending up with unsold inventory that had to be disposed of for pennies on the dollar at the end of its life because SOMEONE would probably still be willing to buy them by the shipping crate for half off.

you know what i like about galaxy nexus? :) when google releases next OS... jelly bean, they will make it for my device after their next flagship.... no ports, no roms....

as i was typing i thought of this quote, dont know why...

"you know what i like about high school girls? I get older... they stay the same age."

People got kind of upset that it took many months for the Sprint Nexus S 4G to get ICS.

Sort of annoying that you don't really end up getting the updates that much faster (so it seems) anyway.

• Like 1

I know on the evo LTE you can go into the settings and disable all the bloat apps.

I haven't seen this setting. When I go into Apps and try to get rid of Play Books all I am able to do is uninstall updates.

People got kind of upset that it took many months for the Sprint Nexus S 4G to get ICS.

Sort of annoying that you don't really end up getting the updates that much faster (so it seems) anyway.

the propitiatory wimax modem drivers are what held that up. wont have that problem with GNEX.

I haven't seen this setting. When I go into Apps and try to get rid of Play Books all I am able to do is uninstall updates.

I haven't tried to uninstall plays book or movies but if you uninstall the updates for a lot of the other apps and clear data. You will then get the option to disable the app completely and it won't show up in your app drawer.