Sign in to follow this  
dvrdwn

bad data signal

I picked up my HTC Evo 4G Lte saturday and am very disappointed in the data speed. My original Evo 4G was much better. The people at sprint can't explain why. Anybody else have probs with there Evo lte? BTW I live in sarasota, FL.

I looked at a Evo 4g LTE at the Sprint store locally and compared speed tests with my almost 3 year old Palm Pre. The Evo averaged about 150 kbps down and the Pre 450 kbps. I didn't think too much about it because I used the Speedtest.net app for the Evo and a website test site on the Pre. Apples and oranges I thought, now, I wonder.

I picked up my HTC Evo 4G Lte saturday and am very disappointed in the data speed. My original Evo 4G was much better. The people at sprint can't explain why. Anybody else have probs with there Evo lte? BTW I live in sarasota, FL.

Were you using 4G WiMAX with your previous EVO?

AJ

So far, speeds have been spot on the same between my EVO LTE and my E4GT here around Northern New Mexico and Albuquerque. Never more than 100k difference really.

If you think about it, there is really no difference in speed tests between 1.1Mbps and 1.3Mbps. That's close enough to be the same given all the variables in a speed test and cell sector burdens. So there shouldn't be much pause between 100k and 300k differences either.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

• Like 1

So far, speeds have been spot on the same between my EVO LTE and my E4GT here around Northern New Mexico and Albuquerque. Never more than 100k difference really.

If you think about it, there is really no difference in speed tests between 1.1Mbps and 1.3Mbps. That's close enough to be the same given all the variables in a speed test and cell sector burdens. So there shouldn't be much pause between 100k and 300k differences either.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

100Kbps would be a huge difference in Lansing, MI, seeing that my normal speed tests on my E4GT don't even reach 100Kbps...

• Like 1

My speed test results have been virtually the same between my EVO 4G and my EVO 4G LTE here in the Atlanta area.

No issues here on EVO LTE coming from EVO 3D.

• Like 1

No issues here either with both evoltes in the household but my gnex been acting like an ass the last week or so though.

100Kbps would be a huge difference in Lansing, MI, seeing that my normal speed tests on my E4GT don't even reach 100Kbps...

Lol, I hear ya. Some days here in Macomb, Mi 100 Kbps could be double my speed. It's rare that I get over 400Kbps, usually its around 200 Kbps. So that 100 Kbps could make quite a differrence.

Lol, I hear ya. Some days here in Macomb, Mi 100 Kbps could be double my speed. It's rare that I get over 400Kbps, usually its around 200 Kbps. So that 100 Kbps could make quite a differrence.

Well, what a difference a few hours makes. First screen shot below is from yesterday morning 10:19am, the second is from this morning in the same spot at 7:26am.

Robert, would you think this is an issue that requires more backhaul or additional carriers? Downtown fills up with workers in the next 45 mins and bandwidth comes to a crawl.

7347957356_3598da21ac.jpg

Untitled by jefbal99_, on Flickr

7162747499_49fd6d602e.jpg

Untitled by jefbal99_, on Flickr

I just moved from SRQ and was not impressed with data signal there. I always had issues. I don't think it is the phone. I don't have any issues with my EVO LTE. I still have a house in SRQ that I would love to sale.

Tested the EVO 4G LTE 3G speeds and seemed right where it should be - no noticeable difference between this phone and others.

speeds for me are the same for me between the OG evo, 3d and lte same old sub 100k speeds.

Tested the EVO 4G LTE 3G speeds and seemed right where it should be - no noticeable difference between this phone and others.

My Viper overall has had better data speeds than my EVO Shift, and has even had a better overall data connection.