Dallas/Frisco Texas tower

georgewillow

Do power lines create any interference for cell services when they share a pole? I rarely see them on power line poles.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Do power lines create any interference for cell services when they share a pole? I rarely see them on power line poles.

Yeah I wondered that myself. Doesn't seem like a great idea to me. Those are super high voltage transmission lines too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

I always wondered the same thing, but either way, I actually a see it quite a bit in PHX

I always wondered the same thing, but either way, I actually a see it quite a bit in PHX

If for no other reason, it would add a degree of danger to an already dangerous endeavor climbing up there to work on the equipment. Maybe that is why I don't see it much around here.

If for no other reason, it would add a degree of danger to an already dangerous endeavor climbing up there to work on the equipment. Maybe that is why I don't see it much around here.

Yea, it doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I have a feeling it all has to do with all the anti- cell tower people that always complain about how towers are visually disturbing... then have the audacity to complain about cell service.

• Like 1

No interference at the frequencies we are dealing with. Powerlines main frequency is at 50 or 60 Hz. There might be a few higher order harmonics but they reach nowhere near that frequency. Arcing is the main danger here and there are protocols for dealing with that.

https://network.spri...Z:NTV:learnmore

Have you guys checked this out. Just a general lay out of sprint towers and what they have done in that area.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, we have been talking about this since November last year: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-195-new-sprint-network-enhancements-upgrades-site/

The website does not show all Sprint sites in the country, but only a six month rolling window of sites that have or will receive temporary upgrades to help prior to Network Vision relief. However, S4GRU does have maps that do show every single Sprint site in the country in our Sponsor section.

Thanks for posting and welcome to S4GRU. :welc:

Robert