Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

24c5edu.png

2wdpkwi.png

AJ

• Like 3

These are only a very few isolated, individual live LTE sites, which may or may not be at their final power levels. So, in building coverage is not a relevant question right now. Wait for the market launch, then even a few months later for all sites to come online before judging coverage footprint and quality. Regardless, since CDMA1X, EV-DO, and LTE will all be deployed in PCS 1900 MHz spectrum, in building coverage should be similar among the three.

AJ

I will have to drive to this area on Wednesday. I will be in that area and will have to test out the 4G LTE airwaves! I will have to do some screen shots and post them up here on my shiny new EVO 4G LTE.

how's the in building coverage?

The speed test shown is inside a building. For the last few weeks, LTE would only work for a few hours out of the day, and now it seems to work all day on this particular site. Hopefully a full blown launch in KC is around the corner. I hope anyway.

• Like 1

Heard that the go live date of LTE is in July for Kansas City.

FWIW: my source does not work for the company but has some good contacts.

Heard that the go live date of LTE is in July for Kansas City.

FWIW: my source does not work for the company but has some good contacts.

Will have to see

Sent from my 1/2 G EVO

I have now heard this rumor from two sources, but nothing in a written document. This is consistent with our article: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-265-kansas-network-visionlte-deployment-schedule-update/

I've also heard the same rumor about Atlanta too. But I have not received any confirmation of that one, at all.

Robert

Any contacts within HTC regarding the EVO LTE data bug? Do we still suspect that is the hold up or something more?

I believe this is the hold up. However, I have no new information other than anecdotal evidence from our members.

Robert

What is the EVO 4G LTE data bug?

We reported that in lab testing, the EVO LTE had a connectivity issue with the LTE network. They did not have it worked out before they shipped the device. We believe that an OTA is coming soon to fix the issue, and Sprint is blocking LTE connections to prevent the issue from becoming known.

We already had a member who ran the EVO LTE and Galaxy Nexus side by side for a day or so when connected to Sprint 4G LTE in Atlanta. At first, the EVO LTE had no issues and actually performed better than the GNex. But after a few hours, the EVO LTE would not connect to LTE at all. It was almost like the LTE signal was not there anymore. However, his GNex could connect to the LTE still and ran just fine. He tried rebooting, cycling through airplane mode, LTE mode, etc. but could not get the EVO LTE back on the LTE network. The GNex was unaffected and continued to connect and run fast on Sprint LTE.

Later, on its own, the EVO LTE came back and connected to the LTE network again...but several hours later. Our member would have had no idea there was an issue with the EVO had he not also owned a GNex. He would have assumed that the tower was just taken down or blocked during the period where the EVO LTE did not get a signal. So we are taking this episode (and another one reported) as anecdotal evidence in support of the LTE Connectivity issue we reported.

I don't think we will see Sprint stop LTE blocking until they can fix the problem with the LTE Connectivity issue. Hopefully, Sprint/HTC can issue a fix soon.

Robert

• Like 2

We reported that in lab testing, the EVO LTE had a connectivity issue with the LTE network. They did not have it worked out before they shipped the device. We believe that an OTA is coming soon to fix the issue, and Sprint is blocking LTE connections to prevent the issue from becoming known.

We already had a member who ran the EVO LTE and Galaxy Nexus side by side for a day or so when connected to Sprint 4G LTE in Atlanta. At first, the EVO LTE had no issues and actually performed better than the GNex. But after a few hours, the EVO LTE would not connect to LTE at all. It was almost like the LTE signal was not there anymore. However, his GNex could connect to the LTE still and ran just fine. He tried rebooting, cycling through airplane mode, LTE mode, etc. but could not get the EVO LTE back on the LTE network. The GNex was unaffected and continued to connect and run fast on Sprint LTE.

Later, on its own, the EVO LTE came back and connected to the LTE network again...but several hours later. Our member would have had no idea there was an issue with the EVO had he not also owned a GNex. He would have assumed that the tower was just taken down or blocked during the period where the EVO LTE did not get a signal. So we are taking this episode (and another one reported) as anecdotal evidence in support of the LTE Connectivity issue we reported.

I don't think we will see Sprint stop LTE blocking until they can fix the problem with the LTE Connectivity issue. Hopefully, Sprint/HTC can issue a fix soon.

Robert

Thanks for the Info!!

• Like 1

I live nearby K7 & 95th Street area in KC area and have seen LTE on my phone since Monday but disappears after an hour or so. Then I go to sleep in the evenings with 3G and wake up to 4G data signal and have run several speed checks and averaging around 4-5Mbps. I have seen many other parts of KC that my 4Gindicator will magically appear. I just thought I would mention this and inform folks that 4G is probably go live soon in the KC zone as I keep getting a lot of non-blocked towers that appear while I am driving along in the Kansas City market. Just my $0.02.

Patrick

• Like 1

I went on a nerd-quest last night around 9:30 pm to 135th and Switzer, where kckid reported getting LTE signals, and nothing... nothing but a really strong 3G signal!! I live by WOF in a 60-year-old neighborhood, and I know that Network Vision is working in our part of town, but still no LTE of course north of the Missouri River or Downtown (where I work) yet. At this rate, I'm really starting to miss WiMax....

J.

I went on a nerd-quest last night around 9:30 pm to 135th and Switzer, where kckid reported getting LTE signals, and nothing... nothing but a really strong 3G signal!! I live by WOF in a 60-year-old neighborhood, and I know that Network Vision is working in our part of town, but still no LTE of course north of the Missouri River or Downtown (where I work) yet. At this rate, I'm really starting to miss WiMax....

J.

I did the same thing on Sunday with no luck on getting LTE. I started at the tower in Blackbob Park and head up 35 to Shawnee Mission Parkway.

I live in the 135 and Switzer area, but haven't got an LTE signal yet. I've only had my phone for a few days though. I'll keep checking on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can any other KC area members confirm that eHRPD is down today Monday 6/04? Only NID 00041 (KC-LENEXA-MSC_1) and NID 00042 (KC-LENEXA-MSC_2) seem to be affected. eHRPD is restored upon crossing back over to NID 00043 (KC-INDEPENDENCE-MSC_1).

AJ

New here, from Lenexa, I've never checked before, but I do not see any eHRPD, only EvdoA. Although I have an EVO 3D at the moment, waiting on my EVO LTE. I do not know if that would make a difference?

Edit: I just realized this is from a month ago, so maybe not relavent any more.

Edited by Dkoellerwx