Network Vision/LTE - Kansas Market (including KC, Topeka, Wichita, St. Joseph)

Rickie546

David, I know you're super busy with the weather. I am just making sure that you have been getting my tower CSV files. Have you received them and just not enough time in take a look at them? I appreciate your help and efforts to the site!

Patrick

I remember the email, I got busy and forgot. Sorry about that! I'll take a look at it later today.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I in Olathe and ventured into Lenexa for a bit. I only saw a primary band. Where abouts are you seeing the second b41 bands at?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Many places in Olathe, Lenexa, Overland Park, KCK, Lawrence, Blue Springs, Independence, KCMO....

• Like 1

Many places in Olathe, Lenexa, Overland Park, KCK, Lawrence, Blue Springs, Independence, KCMO....

David,

You mentioned Blue Springs for 2xCA. It wasn't the tower on Cowher Road and 7 highway was it? Thought that tower was a Clear tower but was supposed to be upgraded in April of this year.

That is my home tower now I've forgotten the site ID.

Jeff

David,

You mentioned Blue Springs for 2xCA. It wasn't the tower on Cowher Road and 7 highway was it? Thought that tower was a Clear tower but was supposed to be upgraded in April of this year.

That is my home tower now I've forgotten the site ID.

Jeff

May have been between Blue Springs and Independence. On I-70, I don't remember exactly where it was. 

• Like 1

87th and Quivira in Lenexa is where I recorded this:

2015-07-05-23-12-46.png

wow, jealous. I am at 106th and Quivira and I am lucky to get 4 Mbps download. My data speeds were better on Clear, LTE is pathetic.

wow, jealous. I am at 106th and Quivira and I am lucky to get 4 Mbps download. My data speeds were better on Clear, LTE is pathetic.

What device do you have? If you are still on an EVO LTE, then yes, you absolutely are going to see pretty bad service. You are missing out on Band 26 and Band 41.

Not to mention that the EVO LTE has nearly the weakest LTE reception of the whole Sprint LTE device lineup. 

• Like 3

I got some CA up in Lenexa / Olathe border. I couldn't get a good speed test inside. I'll try again soon.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Do you know what site this was? If you could post a Signal Check pro screenshot along with the engineering screen I would appreciate it! 

Use this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5139-kansas-market-nv-maps-and-spreadsheet-includes-kansas-city-wichita/ so that we can talk site IDs and locations freely. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Did anyone cover this yet. Sprint won the award for best network at kauffman stadium. Impressive considering how easy it can be to get congested at sporting events

http://www.rootmetrics.com/us/rsr/kauffman-stadium/2015/2H

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

That's the power of 2xCA on B41. Huge capacity. At the World Series I was seeing speeds in the 20-40s during the 4th inning of game 6 at Kauffman. That was just with 2 carriers online, no CA at the time.

Another example, at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, I was seeing speeds of 30Mbps during a weekend game last month thanks to 2xCA. That was without a DAS. Kauffman has a freshly upgraded DAS to help handle traffic as well.

• Like 2

That's the power of 2xCA on B41. Huge capacity. At the World Series I was seeing speeds in the 20-40s during the 4th inning of game 6 at Kauffman. That was just with 2 carriers online, no CA at the time.

Another example, at Busch Stadium in St. Louis, I was seeing speeds of 30Mbps during a weekend game last month thanks to 2xCA. That was without a DAS. Kauffman has a freshly upgraded DAS to help handle traffic as well.

Band 41 has really turned things around for sprint at sporting events. I used to have a band 25 device and whenever i was at a sport event i couldnt send picture mail or use data. Now with band 41 i never have problems with data at sport events

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

post-6167-0-70300000-1444536073_thumb.jpgDavid, I have the iPhone 6+, one year old. I typically hit 3M download and 785K upload. I think Sprint removed a tower near my house. I am at 106th and Quivira. I captured this about 10 minutes ago.

I think there was a rooftop tower at College and Quivira and the spectrum included my home. About 18 months ago my speed dropped or no access. After research that tower ID was associated at a different address, closer to 119th and Quivira. I thought maybe a new tower would b installed on top of new hospital after construction but no. The tower at 103 and 69, 95th and Quivira are not in range

I think there was a rooftop tower at College and Quivira and the spectrum included my home. About 18 months ago my speed dropped or no access. After research that tower ID was associated at a different address, closer to 119th and Quivira. I thought maybe a new tower would b installed on top of new hospital after construction but no. The tower at 103 and 69, 95th and Quivira are not in range

There still is a site at College and Quivira. There is not a site at 119th and Quivira, but there is at 125th and Quivira.

Then Sprint needs to update their systems as it shows that tower gone and no longer associated with that address. And if that tower is that close then there's a bigger problem.

What system?

Tower is that close to what?

Where exactly are you having problems with signal?

Sent from my LG G4