When will LTE have an official date?

Ill have to hunt that down. Looks great. Thanks for posting that!

Edit: Maybe we need an alcohol related sub-forum?

maybe we just need alcohol... some of the posts i read on here make me want to be a fall down drunk

• Like 4

maybe we just need alcohol... some of the posts i read on here make me want to be a fall down drunk

There are only so many times one can read; "When are they going to get LTE {insert random city here}? I really need it! My 3G sucks! Sprint screwed me! I can't even stream live pR0n on my Hero anymore!". We need something to break up the monotony.

• Like 2

i swear to god if 1 more person asks when chicago's LTE is getting turned on, im going to go randy quaid on some of yous.

Which Randy Quaid? The Brokeback Mountain Randy Quaid or the "Vacation" movies Randy Quaid?

• Like 4

Which Randy Quaid? The Brokeback Mountain Randy Quaid or the "Vacation" movies Randy Quaid?

vacation. the redneck randy quaid..... SHITTERS FULL randy quaid.

add independence day randy quaid in for good measure.

Edited by danielholt

for Chicago - are they going to wait till the whole area is ready to flip the switch? I understand the Elgin --> Rockford area is complete (which is where I live) so would be nice if they turned that on soon....

Not gonna happen any time soon. Downtown Chicago hasn't even started yet. Probably won't be done until Oct at the very earliest.

Hi all,

New to the forums, but I have been lurking for awhile. Thanks to all for the useful information.

FWIW, I saw a posting here http://insidesprintn...ntonio-markets/ stating LTE goes live on 6/7 in the first target cities supposedly.

I live in Snellville and work on the north side of Atlanta so I hope it is true. I am waiting on my EVO LTE to be delivered and hope to report back here with good news.

• Like 1

Hi all,

New to the forums, but I have been lurking for awhile. Thanks to all for the useful information.

FWIW, I saw a posting here http://insidesprintn...ntonio-markets/ stating LTE goes live on 6/7 in the first target cities supposedly.

I live in Snellville and work on the north side of Atlanta so I hope it is true. I am waiting on my EVO LTE to be delivered and hope to report back here with good news.

Welcome to S4GRU and congrats on your first post. :welc:

I did see the ISN post yesterday, but I interpreted that as to mean that LTE device customers will get a text on June 7th alerting them of the launch date for their market. I didn't interpret it to say that they will get a text stating that it's now live.

My contact in Sprint Product Development could not verify this at all. It's not in any of his info. This doesn't mean it is not going to happen as ISN says, because I regard ISN very highly. The guy works for Sprint, after all. He reports what he sees. I just was not able to confirm the info myself in this instance.

Robert

Darn, you are abolutely right Robert. I hope the actual launch date is not too far off...the devil is in the details. I need some of that beer the others are talking about.

I have been living out a painful 2yr contract with ATT with no data and lousy voice service so even just 3g data will be a huge step up for me.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mark

• Like 1

I have been living out a painful 2yr contract with ATT with no data and lousy voice service so even just 3g data will be a huge step up for me.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mark

AT&T LTE is amazing in the Atlanta market... I hit 45mbps down with them on a samsung SII skyrocket right near stone mountain which is neighboring to snellville..... so I don't understand youre theory on at&t data...

My contact in Sprint Product Development could not verify this at all. It's not in any of his info. This doesn't mean it is not going to happen as ISN says, because I regard ISN very highly. The guy works for Sprint, after all. He reports what he sees. I just was not able to confirm the info myself in this instance.

Robert

I just got a free txt from Sprint saying ISN is full of sh*t.

i swear to god if 1 more person asks when chicago's LTE is getting turned on, im going to go randy quaid on some of yous.

haha - my question wasn't about "chicago" per say, I know some areas of Chicago (which is a huge market) are done and I was just curious if they would turn it on "piece by piece" instead of waiting for the whole enchilada to be complete before flipping the switch... I'm sure this same question could apply to other, larger markets...

Darn, you are abolutely right Robert. I hope the actual launch date is not too far off...the devil is in the details. I need some of that beer the others are talking about.

Thanks for the welcome.

Mark

By the way, welcome to the board, don't mind me, I'm the village asshole... IHYDIAF

I just got a free txt from Sprint saying ISN is full of sh*t.

I'm not willing to take a bet on it. From everything of his I have read, he must work in a high level of Customer Service Support or Technical Support. He is reporting what he sees/hears in memos, system notifications and conference calls. If it varies from reality, then Sprint could not implement or chose not to implement what was disclosed.

Robert

AT&T LTE is amazing in the Atlanta market... I hit 45mbps down with them on a samsung SII skyrocket right near stone mountain which is neighboring to snellville..... so I don't understand youre theory on at&t data...

same in chicago - neighbor has the same phone and similar speeds - truly AMAZING...

Uh, I wuz wondering if u can tell me when Nimrod MN will get LTE. I've driven within 19 miles of there a few times and would like to know when it will have LTE.

This info does me no good because I have Verizon, but I still want to know just so I can know. Thanks.

why are chicagoans getting so cocky lately, youre not even listed in the first round of deployments and all I keep reading is panicky petes wondering when they are getting turned on..

i wouldn't call it cocky - more like totally frustrated and pissed of since Sprint 3g service in Chicago has been total crap for the last year at least... i went months not being able to even send a MMS due to the horrible data speeds, and on top of it, now we have to put up with the constant dropped calls due to the hardware compatibility issues... so yeah, we are quite sick of Sprint in Chicago and this LTE/NV deployment can't come soon enough....

AS funny as this thread has gotten for many of us, especially those who have been around S4GRU for awhile, it is starting to get to the point where newbies and visitors could really misinterpret what S4GRU is all about. Let's make sure we aren't singling out any S4GRU members in our jokes or criticisms. That would be a violation of our guidelines. The only exception to that rule is PlanetEarth.

Carry on!

Robert

• Like 4

LOL, you're they guy that forced Sprint to turn off LTE on all the towers in my area with all your speedtests...nice and thnx for the welcome

He's a 4G legend!!

AS funny as this thread has gotten for many of us, especially those who have been around S4GRU for awhile, it is starting to get to the point where newbies and visitors could really misinterpret what S4GRU is all about. Let's make sure we aren't singling out any S4GRU members in our jokes or criticisms. That would be a violation of our guidelines. The only exception to that rule is PlanetEarth.

Carry on!

Robert

what about the kid walking around the woods eating the bread with the aviator glasses?

seriously tho, if you guys want more info... donate some money and become a sponsor.... its sortof a slap in the faces of those who did donate for you to ask for this info.

• Like 2