When will LTE have an official date?

Since there isn't any updates on Sprint's site. When is the official date that 4G LTE will be live' date=' and unlocked for customers?[/quote']

No one knows. In docs I have seen say Sprint "Business Teams" will make the final determination. However, none of my sources are even sure who these "Business Teams" even are. Once we know, we will be certain to let you know.

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

June 21st 2012 at exactly 14:42:01 EST

I bet you're a fun guy to get a beer with. :)

• Like 3

No one knows. In docs I have seen say Sprint "Business Teams" will make the final determination. However, none of my sources are even sure who these "Business Teams" even are. Once we know, we will be certain to let you know.

Uh oh... Can you see how this doomsday scenario could play out?

NV doesn't go live until 2014 when Dan Hesse finally asks who is on these "Business Teams" and everyone realizes they don't exist. By then, all towers have been ready to go for a while, so Sprint flips the switch nationwide overnight 2 years from today.

• Like 1

im about to make a wild and crazy accusation....... tmobile are going straight to LTE-Advanced, with AWS spectrum, is that correct?

Yeah, I believe so. They are still pushing out HSPA 42+, with AT&T spectrum they had from the Merger-failure. I believe they scraped the HSPA 84+ idea for LTE instead.

When is the official date that 4G LTE will be live, and unlocked for customers?

Robert's Magic 8 ball answers only yes/no Network Vision questions.

magic-8-ball--large-msg-130308574877.jpg

AJ

• Like 2

wont this make tmobile the first true 4G network, as LTE Advanced is the 3GPP's definition of 4G, and LTE standard apart of 3G..... also doesn't tmobile have unlimited data (with throttling)....just seems like they will go head to head directly with sprint.

wont this make tmobile the first true 4G network' date=' as LTE Advanced is the 3GPP's definition of 4G, and LTE standard apart of 3G..... also doesn't tmobile have unlimited data (with throttling)....just seems like they will go head to head directly with sprint.[/quote']

For Sprint, LTE Advanced is an extremely easy upgrade.

• Like 4

And I thought he ALWAYS had a few beers!

You should hook us up with some 90 Schilling Mr. Odell! http://odellbrewing.com/beers/classic/90_shilling

Or some Myrcenary http://odellbrewing.com/beers/4-pack-series/myrcenary that stuff punches you square in the face, but is delicious!

• Like 1

You should hook us up with some 90 Schilling Mr. Odell! http://odellbrewing....sic/90_shilling

Or some Myrcenary http://odellbrewing....eries/myrcenary that stuff punches you square in the face, but is delicious!

Ill have to hunt that down. Looks great. Thanks for posting that!

Edit: Maybe we need an alcohol related sub-forum?

for Chicago - are they going to wait till the whole area is ready to flip the switch? I understand the Elgin --> Rockford area is complete (which is where I live) so would be nice if they turned that on soon....