I'll say it, Wimax was a good decision.

pyroscott

Ok if its not feasible, why is that spectrum so valuable to sprint? They had to move on that spectrum or lose it is what I read in another post in this thread. If this 2600MHz is going to have the same building penetration and need the same number of towers to run a full LTE deployment, is it really that important. I am guessing when clearwire deploys their 2600MHz LTE it will still be in a limited amount of markets. I think sprint should be trying to find some spectrum that would have better building penetration, and require less towers. Having LTE service in a spectrum I can't get most of the time indoors is not going to make me happier

It's valuable as a means to supplement an existing network by offloading capacity needs in high traffic areas, so-called "hot spots", but as a means to build a de novo network that requires ubiquitous coverage (both geographic breadth and depth in terms of in-building), 2.5ghz is a poor choice. In most recent FCC report on the AT&T -T-MUSA merger, FCC stated that it would take 7x the number of cell sites to provide comparable coverage using >2 ghz spectrum as it would take AT&T/VZW using their 700mhz/850mhz spectrum. The value for CLWR's BRS spectrum is in urban hot spots and high usage traffic corridors, and is now finally being deployed in a fashion that is suitable for its use -- unfortunately, that may not make it a viable independent company, as it needs to price its capacity as "first use" in order to efficiently off-load traffic, rather than "last-use" if it is usage-based pricing as how CLWR is trying to price its capacity for TD-LTE.

• Like 1