Where you are getting slower speeds, it is because you have a weak LTE signal. LTE performance is very signal strength dependent.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Is there a broken record in here? LOL

• Like 1

At IAH I am able to get about 10.52 mbps down and 5.26 mbps up ping is about 43. This is all averages of test done.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
My fastest ever thus far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

That pretty much is the absolute maximum download speed on Sprint LTE with their current devices. You must have been LOS to the site. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

That pretty much is the absolute maximum download speed on Sprint LTE with their current devices. You must have been LOS to the site. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I was actually inside a bar towards the back of the building. The tower was on top of a building across the street.

My fastest ever thus far.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Pretty good! My peaks have usually been in the 20s. I've been using RootMetrics to map out LTE speeds when I am driving around and usually average 5MB+ down and 2MB+ up in Houston.

• Like 1

Im from New Orleans and we still waiting for NV, i just wanted to hear from people living in NV cities, how the network has improved? is 4G almost everywhere in the city, what kind of speeds you get, is 3G faster? is NV worth the wait?

It's in most of the city, but there are still lots of patches of 3G. I average 5MB down in most areas.

It's in most of the city, but there are still lots of patches of 3G. I average 5MB down in most areas.

How is the network quality? is 3G faster whenever there is no 4G, has coverage improved? and 5MB is good but i hope you are getting that because the network is congested or something because thats not good for brand new network.

How is the network quality? is 3G faster whenever there is no 4G, has coverage improved? and 5MB is good but i hope you are getting that because the network is congested or something because thats not good for brand new network.

I live in Austin but i've been in Houston a couple times recently. I don't think they have turned the new 3G backhaul on yet. LTE uses the new backhaul, but they may still have a majority of their 3G sites on the legacy network. I wasn't getting great speed the rare time I was on 3G, but LTE speeds were great and almost everywhere I went in the city.

If I go to Dallas anytime soon I'll probably stop in Waco for a little bit to experiment with the 3G there. I believe it's the only place in Texas where all the towers have been completely upgraded (according to the sponsor maps).

I live in Austin but i've been in Houston a couple times recently. I don't think they have turned the new 3G backhaul on yet. LTE uses the new backhaul, but they may still have a majority of their 3G sites on the legacy network. I wasn't getting great speed the rare time I was on 3G, but LTE speeds were great and almost everywhere I went in the city.

If I go to Dallas anytime soon I'll probably stop in Waco for a little bit to experiment with the 3G there. I believe it's the only place in Texas where all the towers have been completely upgraded (according to the sponsor maps).

Well they've only done about 30% LTE so far and almost no 3G. I've gotten as high as 20MB

Houston was one of the fist markets announced thats why i thought the upgrades were at least 70< completed, if one of the first markets is in this conditions, i dont think im going to get upgrades anytime soon.

Houston while one of the first markets isn't anywhere near 70%. Houston is around 35% complete but there is very little 3g upgrades in Houston. I have been able to get as high as 28 down but normally get around 15 on any given day. Coverage is starting to fill in up north not sure about the south areas.

Chicago is by far the furthest ahead as far as build out.

Houston while one of the first markets isn't anywhere near 70%. Houston is around 35% complete but there is very little 3g upgrades in Houston. I have been able to get as high as 28 down but normally get around 15 on any given day. Coverage is starting to fill in up north not sure about the south areas.

Chicago is by far the furthest ahead as far as build out.

I read that online but its weird that even tho its the furthest ahed Sprint has not launched it yet, its depressing to see how slow things are going here in the west, here in new orleans theres not even testing signals and service just keeps getting worst. Also is HD voice active?

Hi guys. I'm new to Sprint due to the S3 promo and got the phone delivered via UPS last night. The first thing I do after completing the activation is try SpeedTest. At my house, which is around BW8 and Fallbrook, I'm receiving 1.5mb/ 1.2mb. Completely shocked, I try again, but with same results. The 4G LTE indicator at the top only states, 4G and with a flucuation between 1 to 2 bars.

Later in the evening, I end up going to dinner at a restaurant right off the beltway and Gessner and again try SpeedTest. Much better results, but not good enough imo. The results were 5.5mb/3.5mb.

So is anyone in the 77064 area code experiencing any of the same speed/connection issues?

Hi guys. I'm new to Sprint due to the S3 promo and got the phone delivered via UPS last night. The first thing I do after completing the activation is try SpeedTest. At my house, which is around BW8 and Fallbrook, I'm receiving 1.5mb/ 1.2mb. Completely shocked, I try again, but with same results. The 4G LTE indicator at the top only states, 4G and with a flucuation between 1 to 2 bars.

Later in the evening, I end up going to dinner at a restaurant right off the beltway and Gessner and again try SpeedTest. Much better results, but not good enough imo. The results were 5.5mb/3.5mb.

So is anyone in the 77064 area code experiencing any of the same speed/connection issues?

That is most likely due to you not having a 100% usable signal. As you move further away/increase obstructions between you and a tower, the speeds will taper off.

LTE performance is signal strength dependent on all LTE carriers. Sprint is no exception. You most likely have a weak signal. You are in an active deployment area. As more sites go live, speeds will increase. If you are near an active site now, you will see 25-37Mbps speeds. See this thread: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert