Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Found out all the phones are shipping out of Kentucky. Just a little nugget.

Do you know if they are in kentucky waiting to be shipped? Getting antsy here :-)

I specifically ordered the 32GB figuring that if one would have delays, it would be the 16GB. Shows you what I know.

Robert

• Like 1

I specifically ordered the 32GB figuring that if one would have delays, it would be the 16GB. Shows you what I know.

Robert

I think they thought the same thing and Samsung probably didn't allocate enough.

I really hope Sprint is going be working overnight to get all these phones staged for tomorrow shipments..................................................................................

Me too. It's bad business practice to screw up 2 preorders in a row. I know they want to be first out the gate, but you can't leave your preorders hanging like that.

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I sometimes think things would be simpler without promises to deliver on or before the launch day. Just send the darn thing to retail and ship on launch day. Save the masses anticipation grief and unknown

• Like 3

I'm usually not the biggest fan of Engadget, but this review of the SGSIII was pretty good, IMO. Its also got alot of comparisons to the EVO LTE for those trying to decide between these two Flagship devices.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/20/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-review-shootout-atandt-vs-sprint/

• Like 1

This quote from the Sprint Community site is classic

WE BETTER GET SOME PROMOTIONAL CREDIT ON OUR ACCOUNTS. THIS IS BULL****

F THAT! IM GOING TO THE SPRINT STORE ON THE 21st AND DEMANDING MY 32GB PHONE THAT I WAS PROMISED BY OR BEFORE THE 21st.

This has me furious. I hate Sprint and am extremely disgruntled .

Good luck going to a store and demanding they give you a product that they don't have. Also, maybe I'm missing something but I don't remember seeing any documentation from Sprint that promises they will deliver any device by or before a specific date.

This is why I'm so glad I don't work in retail anymore. I'm only going to take so much slick talk before we will have to resolve our differences in a much more personal and physical manner. If you can't handle the possibility of a delay then you shouldn't be pre-ordering. Hold on to your money and get it on launch day. Any cool points you get for being the first on your block with the phone expire once everyone gets access to it anyway.

• Like 6

The livid anger is so irrational!!!

I once got mad with best buy once for not shipping a product for 3 days after it launched and showed up in store, but I didn't curse them or go ALL CAPS on them.

The general public can be such irrational babies sometimes. Its a phone. Its not getting you laid this weekend, or next.

• Like 4

The livid anger is so irrational!!!

I once got mad with best buy once for not shipping a product for 3 days after it launched and showed up in store, but I didn't curse them or go ALL CAPS on them.

The general public can be such irrational babies sometimes. Its a phone. Its not getting you laid this weekend, or next.

The thing is, if they are in such short supply, there won't be any when they go to the store unless they are planning on waiting in line. The only thing that preordering buys, is the guarantee that you will get a device out of the first wave to hit shores. You don't have to wait in line, or pay more than retail... You get it delivered to your door and you don't have to bathe or put on pants (although the delivery guy would prefer that you did) I agree that it would be great for Sprint to have these delivered a day or two to the preorders before it goes on sale in the stores, but it's not like they were sitting on a pile of inventory and deviced that they don't care about preorder folks and want to make them suffer.

Sprint pooped the bed a little on this one. But as Jeff said, all caps is a little bit of a strong response. I think maybe one sentence of all caps is prudent in this situation, but a whole post is uncalled for. That's almost assault.

How can anyone deal with a total moron like that guy that Odell quoted above? The answer is...you can't. They are so far removed reality. They have no concept of what a preorder is and the risks involved. Can you imagine being this guy's insurance agent or his doctor?

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Sprint pooped the bed a little on this one.

Roflmao ... my new favorite saying. Cant stop laughing... my childish sense of humor and vivid pictorial imagination.. whew.

• Like 3

How can anyone deal with a total moron like that guy that Odell quoted above? The answer is...you can't. They are so far removed reality. They have no concept of what a preorder is and the risks involved. Can you imagine being this guy's insurance agent or his doctor?

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I would prescribe some prozac...

• Like 1

Mine still showing backordered' date=' White 16GB[/quote']

I ordered my White 16GB on 6/6. Theyre probably fulfilling them based on when they received the orders. Also, according to the Sprint blog post.....all 32GB versions wont ship til next week.....

Sent from my Epic 4G (WiSuck) using Forum Runner

I have a non functional tracking number now' date=' changed from backorder over night. 16Gb white[/quote']

They have printed the label. UPS will pick it up today. It usually ships overnight.

Sent from my Epic 4G (WiSuck) using Forum Runner