Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

When I send a picture to someone it sends it as a 5 second video. Anyone notice this?

I am not having that problem, just tested it to be sure. The file is received as a JPEG.

I am not having that problem, just tested it to be sure. The file is received as a JPEG.

Yes if I send it to myself it works fine. But if I send it to someone else, it shows up as a video. Actually I googled this issue and found this is a common problem on Samsung/Android phones.

Still havent received LG8. How is OTA order determined for updates...?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

I haven't received it either. I'm wondering if they are only pushing it out to launched markets? Or maybe just starting with launched markets first.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I haven't received it either. I'm wondering if they are only pushing it out to launched markets? Or maybe just starting with launched markets first.

From what I understand, the OTA rollouts are random. I have seen reports from users on other forums who got the LG8 but are not in a launched LTE market. The update does include other stuff besides the "optimized LTE system selection."

BTW, I have finally joined the ranks of GS3 owners waiting for LTE. I received and activated my 32GB model last night. It updated OTA in two cycles, bringing the version up to LG2. If I get the LG8 update pushed to me in the next couple of days I will refuse it because I already have the update.zip downloaded and prefer to apply it manually. My plan is to do that at the beginning of my field trip to Waco, because I want to see a before-and-after on the signal-strength reporting between LG2 and LG8 when I first get into LTE territory. Then I will update to LG8 for the main body of testing.

Robert, is the screen you call the "LTE engineering screen" to show LTE signal strength just the Settings -> About Device -> Status screen, or is there another path to the screen you have described? EDIT: Never mind. I just found it under the DATA menu tree..

Robert, is the screen you call the "LTE engineering screen" to show LTE signal strength just the Settings -> About Device -> Status screen, or is there another path to the screen you have described? EDIT: Never mind. I just found it under the DATA menu tree..

It's in ##DEBUG#, using your phone dialer.

Robert

Thx. I bypassed the dialer and launched from a shortcut to the hidden menu, using the Quick Shortcut Maker app.

I have one I created using Anycut. I have shortcuts to all my frequently used dialer functions.

Robert

strange. i can get into the ##3282# with my MSL but can't access the ##debug# as it tells me that my lock code is invalid. did Sammy or Sprint somehow create two entirely different MSL's per device?

UPDATE: Nevermind.... I needed the standard debug code of 777468 to unlock the debug menu. Definitely not my MSL

• Like 1

Mine had an update as I was setting it up.

I was almost postive that when I switched over to CDMA/LTE that I'd grab me some LTE goodness lol :P

I was almost postive that when I switched over to CDMA/LTE that I'd grab me some LTE goodness lol :P

In Sacto? You definitely are an optimist! :)

• Like 1

In Sacto? You definitely are an optimist! :)

LOL,I even envisioned emailing you screen shots of my LTE connectivity :rofl:

But I guess its better to be a optimist over a pessimist~

• Like 1