Samsung Galaxy S III

Jayman

Has anyone else noticed that the charge complete notification advises us to unplug the phone when the charge is complete?

Is that something that is important to do? Do you all do it?

I prefer to keep my phone at 100% while I have the opportunity to charge it.

Yeah mine says that...I'm not sure I don't unplug it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone else noticed that the charge complete notification advises us to unplug the phone when the charge is complete?

It's standard programming to try to convince the user that they would help the environment by unplugging as soon as it's done charging. To me it's more annoying for it to pop up. At one point I had an original Galaxy S on Verizon and I believe that phone did it too.

In most cases I leave the device on after its done charging. For instance, if I am at my office and it is charging and it finishes at 2 PM. Should I unplug it and then it is 90% when I leave the office? Because if I leave it plugged in, it will be 100% when I leave.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

It's a "you should be green" feature...despite the fact that additional battery wear probably outweighs the environmental benefits of not keeping your phone plugged in after charging. The original Galaxy S phones had the notification as well...until third party ROMs stripped the notification out :P

It's standard programming to try to convince the user that they would help the environment by unplugging as soon as it's done charging. To me it's more annoying for it to pop up.

Heresy! Josh, your California card has been revoked. Visalia is now off limits; you are confined to Nevada.

AJ

• Like 1

Heresy! Josh, your California card has been revoked. Visalia is now off limits; you are confined to Nevada.

AJ

You wish. I'm stuck in Visalia and only get to visit Nevada once in a while. I got home last Sunday and was there until Tuesday. It was the 1st time in almost 3 months since I had been home.

It's a "you should be green" feature...despite the fact that additional battery wear probably outweighs the environmental benefits of not keeping your phone plugged in after charging. The original Galaxy S phones had the notification as well...until third party ROMs stripped the notification out :P

On the contrary, "battery wear" is worse when sitting fully charged at 100% for a long time instead of being able to discharge. Shallow cycling at moderate temperatures is what Li-ion batteries are good at, it doesn't lead to long term capacity loss.

I noticed my Galaxy S3 roams more often than my Samsung Moment. It never roamed on my Moment. Could this be because I had it on LTE/3G and not 3G only? I noticed once I switched back to 3G only, it really hasn't roamed. But I figure, what's the difference is, because it should connect to 3G if there is no 4G. This roaming issue is the one thing making me think about returning the phone. :unsure:

It still roams at times. Talked to Sprint and the rep said he remotely performed some troubleshooting on my phone. He said it should fix my roaming issue, but I'm not so sure. About to go back to my Moment lol. :blush:

It still roams at times. Talked to Sprint and the rep said he remotely performed some troubleshooting on my phone. He said it should fix my roaming issue, but I'm not so sure. About to go back to my Moment lol. :blush:

Really? My wife had the moment and hated that thing with a passion. She would rather throw it against a wall than use it again.

• Like 1

Really? My wife had the moment and hated that thing with a passion. She would rather throw it against a wall than use it again.

Yes I despise the Moment as well. It crashes, freezes, can't make or answer calls at times. But at least it doesn't lose the signal. Could be something wrong with my Galaxy SIII? Antenna? How can I check?

Is the signal strength less or does it just randomly roam?

If it is signal strength related, it is probably antenna related.

If it is randomly losing 1900mhz signal, it could be some internal component that is screwed up.

It could also be software, kernel, baseband, etc

I would get it replaced. Are you within the return window? You should try to get another new phone instead of a refurb warranty replacement. Not that there is anything wrong with a refurb... Just nice to have new... Less possibility of problems.

Is the signal strength less or does it just randomly roam?

If it is signal strength related, it is probably antenna related.

If it is randomly losing 1900mhz signal, it could be some internal component that is screwed up.

It could also be software, kernel, baseband, etc

I would get it replaced. Are you within the return window? You should try to get another new phone instead of a refurb warranty replacement. Not that there is anything wrong with a refurb... Just nice to have new... Less possibility of problems.

I've had the phone for about 5 days. It seems like it randomly roams. Bought from Amazon. If I return then I'd probably wait for a different phone, maybe iPhone 5 or something. I went to debug mode, what kind of stats should I be getting signal wise?

I'm not ready to release final info on our radio performance article, but I can definitely say at this point the GS3 is a solid radio performer. If you are having signal problems in comparison with other devices in exactly the same settings, you may have a device problem.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 5

I'm not ready to release final info on our radio performance article, but I can definitely say at this point the GS3 is a solid radio performer. If you are having signal problems in comparison with other devices in exactly the same settings, you may have a device problem.

Any timeframe on when it'll be ready? :)

My Photon comparison with the GS III -DBM wise told me that day one. Any one having issues has a bad product or has network vision roll out woes.

I've noticed that my SGS III roams more often than my Epic 4G Touch did, but I think this is because the roaming threshold was set to be higher. Signal strength has actually tended to be stronger than on my old phone. I personally think that it's better to roam early than to stay on a native signal that is too weak to be useful. There were far too many occasions with my old phone where data wouldn't work at all because the Sprint signal was too weak. I wouldn't have minded having 1x on Verizon at those points.

I prefer not to root.

On occasion I have a spreadsheet that I create on my laptop that needs to be mailed.

Let's say there is no available wifi but I have a 3g connection.

I was Briefly looking at the Kies app. Can I use that to transfer a spreadsheet file to my phone and attach it to email?

I prefer not to root.

On occasion I have a spreadsheet that I create on my laptop that needs to be mailed.

I was Briefly looking at the Kies app. Can I use that to transfer a spreadsheet file to my phone and attach it to email?

Bluetooth? Cable? MicroSD card adapter?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forum Runner

Well here is what I found Kies needs a broadband wifi connection and established network.

Wifi direct needs a laptop that is wifi direct compatible and compatible wifi card and at least window 7.

Tether seems like my option

I prefer not to root.

Well here is what I found Kies needs a broadband wifi connection and established network.

Wifi direct needs a laptop that is wifi direct compatible and compatible wifi card and at least window 7.

Tether seems like my option

If you have LAN storage, you can download ES File Explorer from the Android market. It has a Local and a LAN option. I use it to transfer files. It has a multi-select feature, select the files, the go to LAN and copy. It may be able to get to your PC, but I just use the LAN feature.

• Like 1

Mine says it but i dont unplug it. I plug it in at night so it charges while i am asleep

I pre-ordered a 16gb white for my wife... last year I bought the 3D and GS2 so now is her turn. I will eventually would get the EVO LTE...

Buena elecciòn!!!! Asi juegas con el gsIII y lo comparas con el htcEVOLTE B-)

Posted desde el htcEVO4g usando Tapatalk 2.0

I've noticed that my SGS III roams more often than my Epic 4G Touch did, but I think this is because the roaming threshold was set to be higher. Signal strength has actually tended to be stronger than on my old phone. I personally think that it's better to roam early than to stay on a native signal that is too weak to be useful. There were far too many occasions with my old phone where data wouldn't work at all because the Sprint signal was too weak. I wouldn't have minded having 1x on Verizon at those points.

In the screenshot I uploaded, it think it shows -82dBm? I am not sure how to read these numbers lol. When I am at home it fluctuates, I can get almost full bars and then it goes to like 2 bars. Once in a while I will get the roaming notification. And then it goes back to Sprint 3G. Where I work I get excellent coverage, full bars and saw the signal as -15dBm. So could be that the antenna on the GS3 is more sensitive? Noticed my GS3 loses wifi connections too.

post-2226-0-44235800-1342710151_thumb.png