First Ad from Sprints New Ad Team

Duffman

Nice commercials overall.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing one with Candice Bergen (from the very old Sprint commercials)

Picture it, she is sitting at home and a pin drops, then another and another, she notices and turns to the camera or a buddy and says "what is going on".

the announcer says, "with the old Sprint you can hear a pin drop of a signal, with the new Sprint, LTE and unlimited data its a downpour of data coming at you.

Sprint, the Now,(Faster, Cheaper truly Unlimited) network. Ding Ding Ding

TS

• Like 2

Nice commercials overall.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing one with Candice Bergen (from the very old Sprint commercials)

Picture it, she is sitting at home and a pin drops, then another and another, she notices and turns to the camera or a buddy and says "what is going on".

the announcer says, "with the old Sprint you can hear a pin drop of a signal, with the new Sprint, LTE and unlimited data its a downpour of data coming at you.

Sprint, the Now,(Faster, Cheaper truly Unlimited) network. Ding Ding Ding

TS

They shoulda just hired you as their new add team... Candice was smoking hot in the day. Your ideas are great, but if i could make a suggestion... go steal the T-Mo girl, maybe put her in a little yellow sun dress. ;)

• Like 3

Agreed, I'd buy a phone from her. I've had a few marketing classes in my day and I know enough about market segments and targeting as well as focus groups to see how the approaches work. And although I see how this new group is trying to draw the interest from the consumer and get the brand focus toward the end, its not working for me. Not enough to grab me and hold my attention so far.

Maybe its just me, but I'll give them some more chances. Although the commercials from the old group were light on info and went for humor or being whimsical toward the end, you at least knew it was a Sprint commercial fairly early on.

• Like 2

They shoulda just hired you as their new add team... Candice was smoking hot in the day. Your ideas are great, but if i could make a suggestion... go steal the T-Mo girl, maybe put her in a little yellow sun dress. ;)

Yeah I would steal her for the commercial.

Candice is in the Dining room table or breakfast nook, when she turns to the buddy and says her line, its Dan Hesse that is in the kitchen pouring a drink for her and says his lines. After he says his line and the announce says the final line of "Sprint, the Now (Faster, Cheaper, Truly Unlimited) Network" A quick shot back to the dining room set where the T-Mobile girl pops into view saying "Wow that is alot of data" and winking to the camera.

or in last scene a T-Mobile look a like girl (with her signature red dress or new Sprint Yellow) outside knocking on the the screen door and saying, "Can I get some of that unlimited data"

lol

TS

btw, I was just looking at youtube on the old Sprint commercials with Candice, man, there were alot of them from 1993 all the way thru 1997. wow.

• Like 2

How about.... Sprint, the only carrier in the US actually willing to compete, (commence political attack ad), AT&T would like you to think that you need to limit your data to protect the network but really they're just too greedy to spend the 2% of their profits necessary to keep up with demand. We're Sprint and we didn't upgrade anything except a few priveleged cities and yet we still offer unlimited data. Don't believe the lies.

Paid for by : The Tired Consumer Group

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Old sprint guy was the best.

I had forgotten about these. Thanks for sharing.

Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Ad using the BB player seems like a waste of money similar to Shaq. Why do they insist on paying celebs a premium when a message needs to be delivered. Probably the best ad I have seen for a phone company is the Verizon ad aimed at ATT. The pick up game at the park and they plant the seed effectively. Go ahead experiment and pick the guy with the sandals and socks he will really help your team. Then they flash to the sandal boy laying it up to the underside of the rim. It effectively communicates the other carriers are bumbling the task at hand. Now I don't discount what it takes to run a network. But Sprint has never impressed me as the A team in this industry. Cheaper yes. Great service yes.

• Like 1

The Ad using the BB player seems like a waste of money similar to Shaq. Why do they insist on paying celebs a premium when a message needs to be delivered. Probably the best ad I have seen for a phone company is the Verizon ad aimed at ATT. The pick up game at the park and they plant the seed effectively. Go ahead experiment and pick the guy with the sandals and socks he will really help your team. Then they flash to the sandal boy laying it up to the underside of the rim. It effectively communicates the other carriers are bumbling the task at hand. Now I don't discount what it takes to run a network. But Sprint has never impressed me as the A team in this industry. Cheaper yes. Great service yes.

What bothers me about that commercial is them implying you can stream video on sprints dial up network here. LoL

ok, being serious. I imagine they used a bb player because they are the official partner of the nba.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I test drove TMobiles service. Ended up with no signal around my house. And I thought Sprint had a poorly designed network in baton rouge....tmobile takes the cake.

Yes, the grass is always magenta'er on the other side. :rofl:

Robert

• Like 1

Yes, the grass is always magenta'er on the other side. :rofl:

Robert

Well I think we can all agree Cary Foulkes is a heck of a lot better looking spokesman than Dan Hesse. Right? Right?

• Like 2