Sony Mobile and ICS on the Xperia PLAY

MacinJosh

Sony Mobile (fka Sony Ericsson) decided to upgrade all 2011 Xperia phones to ICS sometime this year. But sometime last week, they pulled the plug on the ICS update for the Xperia PLAY. Consumers are so outraged over this, that they are now hunting down "Class Action Trial Attorney's" to see if they can sue Sony Mobile to try to force them to upgrade the PLAY to ICS. Sony stated that the reason they abandoned the PLAY's ICS upgrade was due to gaming performance issues with some games.

Frankly, if they stuck to a more plain version of ICS, they may be able to circumvent the issue, but the Xperia PLAY is the only "Playstation" phone around. Maybe they would consider building a PLAY 2, and replace consumers phones with it to make amends with customers.

Comments anyone?

Source: http://www.phonenews.com/xperia-play-boycott-ics-sony-class-action-suit-20473/

http://www.phonenews.com/sony-mobile-explains-rationale-behind-dropping-ics-update-for-xperia-play-20451/

Interesting... You buy a phone that is a "playstation phone" but cry that you can't have ICS even though it would degrade the main reason anyone bought the phone in the first place, to play games. I think I would be initially upset about it, but get over it quickly. To me, it sounds like a lot of people are not loving the integrated gaming device and phone. This probably spells the demise of another playstation phone in the future.

Interesting... You buy a phone that is a "playstation phone" but cry that you can't have ICS even though it would degrade the main reason anyone bought the phone in the first place' date=' to play games. I think I would be initially upset about it, but get over it quickly. To me, it sounds like a lot of people are not loving the integrated gaming device and phone. This probably spells the demise of another playstation phone in the future.[/quote']

Probably, but i hope they do come out with a 2nd one.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Probably, but i hope they do come out with a 2nd one.

It would be pretty cool. After I saw that you could play OG PS games on it, I thought about picking one up, but I would never use it anyway...

It would be pretty cool. After I saw that you could play OG PS games on it' date=' I thought about picking one up, but I would never use it anyway...[/quote']

I had one on Verizon for a little while and it was great! Although I was disappointed when Crash 2 & 3 never came out.