9erHater

FYI, the Nexus 7 OTA to Android 4.2 is now available. If it doesn't happen when you "Check Now," try these instructions which worked first try for me.

http://synapse.wordpress.com/2012/10/16/force-nexus-7-to-receive-an-ota-update/

I'm still getting used to the difference in swiping down on the left versus the right, but other than that I like it so far.

Got my wife the Nexus 7 tablet and I've been playing with it more than she has. Great tablet, I find it much more powerful than my iPad 2. The 4.2 update was great, love how you can swipe on the stock android keyboard. The Google Voice and Groove IP integration is awesome, love making wifi calls on it.

Anybody know where I can still get a 8 gb Nexus7?

The local office depot here was selling them on clearance.

You could always buy a used one too. I'm sure there are a lot of N7 owners wanting to get more memory now that the 32GB model is out (myself included)

The local office depot here was selling them on clearance.

You could always buy a used one too. I'm sure there are a lot of N7 owners wanting to get more memory now that the 32GB model is out (myself included)

Want to make me an offer? :D

I checked Amazon and they are way over priced. There are a couple on Ebay that are still early in the bidding process but I hesitate to get one off of there.

• Like 1

I love the weight and size of the device and the good feeling it has when I hold it one handed. I've only had it a couple hours and I am already loving it. This is my first android tablet and so far it is holding up to hype.

Sent from my Nexus 7

• Like 1

I love the weight and size of the device and the good feeling it has when I hold it one handed. I've only had it a couple hours and I am already loving it. This is my first android tablet and so far it is holding up to hype.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Agreed, got my wife the Nexus 7 and I love it. I actually bought an iPad on black friday and returned it due to its heft(I know, heresy!). I think I'm going to order a Nexus 10 at some point but I really see the advantage to a 7" tablet over the 10". Alot of times I think I'd rather have my laptop than a 10", but the 7' is just a large phone really and easy to handle.

Agreed, got my wife the Nexus 7 and I love it. I actually bought an iPad on black friday and returned it due to its heft(I know, heresy!). I think I'm going to order a Nexus 10 at some point but I really see the advantage to a 7" tablet over the 10". Alot of times I think I'd rather have my laptop than a 10", but the 7' is just a large phone really and easy to handle.

The N10 looks tempting especially at 399 with that screen resolution. I own a n7 and an iPad mini and kind of feel as though I like the 7 inch range over the 10 might be my cup of tea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Am I missing something? Where are they getting the $299 regular price? Unless this has the 3G radios, regular price on Google Play is $249 (plus shipping and tax)

Don't get me wrong dedub, I appreciate the lookout for good deals, just misleading by 1saleaday...

It was 229 at office depot for black friday...

Yeah its basically a free shipping and no tax kind of deal.

Darn that I missed the office depot sale.

The shipping and tax adds up from the play store... I think it tacked $30 onto my purchase at launch

You could also check out J&R electronics. They have free shipping, no tax unless you live in NY and they had a thanksgiving weekend coupon for like 10-15 off any purchase. They also have it for $249

Sams club has the 32GB for $238 and I think with tax for my area is like $19 so roughly at $250. Free standard shipping online.

Really thinking about picking up one for the old lady so I can play with it.

• 1 month later...
Any recommendations for a good Nexus 7 case?

This is the one I use. I love it. My wife uses the same one for her Kindle too.

http://gigaom.com/2012/08/20/the-15-magnetic-blurex-nexus-7-case-trumps-googles-official-20-cover/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

This is the one I use. I love it. My wife uses the same one for her Kindle too.

http://gigaom.com/20...icial-20-cover/

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I bought this one before I got the N7 http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-Slimbook-Leather-Android-Function/dp/B008IEGSGU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1358130606&sr=8-3&keywords=poetic+nexus+7 I like it, but then again I only paid $7. I planned on getting an official one once they were back in stock, but I liked this one so much, I stuck with it.

There are a lot of nice ones out there. I suggest you narrow your choices to the ones that have the magnetic cover thing that automatically wakes the nexus when you open it. It's been so long since I got mine that I can't remember the brand name (it's sitting at home right now). I'm pretty sure I either got it on Amazon or Ebay, and I do remember there being lots of choices. You shouldn't have to pay more than $15 for a decent case, but you will if you try going the brick & mortar route. Accessories are where they make all their margins.

I just searched and found my review of the one I bought.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1085-nexus-7/page__view__findpost__p__36531

I've always avoided magnetic ones. Just the thought of mixing magnetics and electronics seemed like a bad idea. They are probably so low powered it doesn't matter though.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

This is the one I bought and its great!!

EXOTEK Premium Slim-Fit Folio Cover Case With Multi-Angle Stand For Google Nexus 7 Tablet (With Automatic Sleep/Wake Function) (Black)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Has anyone experience a phantom screen issue? Keeps turning on randomly while sitting at my desk.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Yes, mine does that all the time without any perceptible notification being involved.

Robert

So I sold my Transformer at a loss to get the Nexus 7 and I am not looking back at all.

Anyone get theirs at Staples with the $60 2-year complete warranty/accidentally damage deal? Sounded like a steal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD