9erHater

This is the best tablet I have owned, but the competition is not exactly top shelf. Galaxy tab 7 and kindle fire...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

See, I have an EVO View, so I'm spoiled by a 3G/4G radio, so it will be hard enough giving that up.

• Like 1

See' date=' I have an EVO View, so I'm spoiled by a 3G/4G radio, so it will be hard enough giving that up.[/quote']

Yeah, I'm trying to work a three person trade to swap my kindle fire for a xyboard. Then I can pop my Sim card in and boom, lte

This is the best tablet I have owned' date=' but the competition is not exactly top shelf. Galaxy tab 7 and kindle fire...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner[/quote']

Pictures, pictures, give us pictures. :lol:

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

Pictures' date=' pictures, give us pictures. :lol:

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner[/quote']

I'll get some pics taken.

So here you go, some pics of the nexus 7

The box

IMG_20120717_165507.jpg

Getting excited for this

IMG_20120717_165618.jpg

Simple elegance

IMG_20120717_201336.jpg

Much like its little brother

2012-07-17201656.jpg

The back is slightly rubbery and feels good in the hand

IMG_20120717_201010.jpg

Compared to the Galaxy Nexus

2012-07-17201809.jpg

It runs S4GRU

IMG_20120717_200818.jpg

The bezel isn't as bad as some make it seem

IMG_20120717_201102.jpg

Power and volume are on the same side. Makes for interesting screenshots

IMG_20120717_201152.jpg

MicroUSB and headphone jack are on the bottom

IMG_20120717_201239.jpg

USB OTG is present but needs root to be able to access USB files. It supports external hard drives and thumbdrives.

IMG_20120717_202431.jpg

Lock screen is exactly like the GNex Jelly Bean lock screen

Screenshot_2012-07-17-20-19-17.png

Lots of preloaded content for free to go with the $25 free that showed up minutes after logging in for the first time.

Screenshot_2012-07-17-20-20-12.png

About 5GB for the user on an 8GB tablet

Screenshot_2012-07-17-20-24-04.png

So far I am loving it. I gotta get cracking on unlocking and rooting so I can test out some USB OTG.

• Like 4

So here you go, some pics of the nexus 7

Lots of preloaded content for free to go with the $25 free that showed up minutes after logging in for the first time.

Screenshot_2012-07-17-20-20-12.png

Guy Fieri says hi. I ate at his restaurant in Santa Rosa, California. Man I'm hungry. It's already after 8 PM and I still haven't eaten. I may pick up the Nexus after I get back from vacation. So long as I do not over spend.

Robert

• Like 2

Nice pics...this has gotten me green in envy and red in the face after reading this bit from Play team...

"We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we’ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping."

So, uh, FUD?

At least I see the light at the end of the dark & nasty Chicago tunnel for better 3G and LTE!

After the unlock and root (using wugs toolkit), I installed stickmount and thumbdrives, my 500GB external hard drive and even my 1.5TB iomega HD work perfect. Who needs microSD when you can attach mass storage devices?

First the thumbdrive

IMG_20120717_222707.jpg

then tested the portable HD

IMG_20120717_223047.jpg

And for good measure, the big dog.

IMG_20120717_223558.jpg

They all worked flawlessly. I am watching a TV episode from the iomega right now and it looks great.

• Like 2

Nice pics...this has gotten me green in envy and red in the face after reading this bit from Play team...

"We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we’ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping."

So, uh, FUD?

At least I see the light at the end of the dark & nasty Chicago tunnel for better 3G and LTE!

Sorry man. And sorry to everyone else who preordered and has not received theirs yet. Google really pooped the bed on this one.

No, don't be sorry. You got yours and its cool. I (or anyone else) could of cancelled my order and looked elsewhere last Friday, but thought I'd stick it out and wait for Google to deliver, which has yet to be determined. Besides, unlike those fat rich kids in N/NW burbs of Chicago, I work for a living, so I don't have the time to look around in many a GameStop, OD, etc... Google has done what they did and may or may not suffer the fallout from this event, but we all have options to get the N7 from elsewhere.

Going back to more important matters, the other external HD, does it use power from the bus or did it need an external source? Some devices, like the iPad can do something like this too, but doesn't supply power or minimally supplies it.

No' date=' don't be sorry. You got yours and its cool. I (or anyone else) could of cancelled my order and looked elsewhere last Friday, but thought I'd stick it out and wait for Google to deliver, which has yet to be determined. Besides, unlike those fat rich kids in N/NW burbs of Chicago, I work for a living, so I don't have the time to look around in many a GameStop, OD, etc... Google has done what they did and may or may not suffer the fallout from this event, but we all have options to get the N7 from elsewhere.

Going back to more important matters, the other external HD, does it use power from the bus or did it need an external source? Some devices, like the iPad can do something like this too, but doesn't supply power or minimally supplies it.

[/quote']

The 1.5 TB hard drive was connected to external power, but the 500GB one was powered by the tablet. I was a little surprised at that, because the galaxy nexus does not supply power to that drive. I am going to try to do some tests soon on how it impacts battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (nakasi) using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Man, I am really trying to resist this thing. I'm finally able to upgrade here in less than two weeks, plus I want to get this. I just might have to..that'll mean that the wife will have some ammo to use against me the next time we go to the mall or something !

And your pictures aren't helping at all Scott! lol, but it does like great. I cancelled the data plan on my Galaxy Tab..so I'm not longer tied down on that thing..I was averaging about 200k a month for 14 months on that thing! 10% of my total plan, lol.. oh well

Thats sweet that you can hook up external drives to it! Might be a little early, but have you been able to tell how much those drives affect the battery?

Man, I am really trying to resist this thing. I'm finally able to upgrade here in less than two weeks, plus I want to get this. I just might have to..that'll mean that the wife will have some ammo to use against me the next time we go to the mall or something !

And your pictures aren't helping at all Scott! lol, but it does like great. I cancelled the data plan on my Galaxy Tab..so I'm not longer tied down on that thing..I was averaging about 200k a month for 14 months on that thing! 10% of my total plan, lol.. oh well

Thats sweet that you can hook up external drives to it! Might be a little early, but have you been able to tell how much those drives affect the battery?

I'm planning on doing some tests, I would think the external HD that is powered by USB would be tough on battery life, but the powered HD and the thumbdrive shouldn't be bad.

If there is anyone looking for a business opportunity, I think there would be healthy demand for a case that has a built-in microSD slot or full size USB. It could plug into the microUSB port like the battery cases, maybe even have an additional battery. The only problem would be fully illustrating that you MUST be rooted for it to work.

I got my nexus 7 yesterday also. I having been using my slingbox with it and the picture is looking real good. Definately worth the money. I used mine all afternoon yesterday and alot tonight, the battery life was pretty good. Real happy with the purchase, glad I held out and didn't settle for a kindle fire.

I just used $5 from my Google Play credit to purchase GrooVe IP. Once installed on my Nexus 7, GrooVe IP now connects to my Google Voice integration. Galaxy Note owners, I chortle at your pint sized phones.

:P

AJ

• Like 2

I just used 5 from my Google Play credit to purchase GrooVe IP. Once installed on my Nexus 7' date=' GrooVe IP now connects to my Google Voice integration. Galaxy Note owners, I chortle at your pint sized phones.

:P

AJ[/quote']

Does it work good? I bought groove on my gtab a long time ago but it never worked out well on that tablet. Too laggy and it was a pain to set it up. I got it from Amazon on sale though. I am not a fan of anything but the free app there now though. Amazon always seems a month behind on updates.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

Does it work good? I bought groove on my gtab a long time ago but it never worked out well on that tablet. Too laggy and it was a pain to set it up.

That is a good question. In this Internet age, I average only one or two phone calls per week. So, it may be a little while before I fully get to test out GrooVe IP + Google Voice integration. That said, set up seemed to be exceedingly easy. I installed the app, entered my Google Voice username and password, and that was that. A quick outgoing test call connected straight away.

AJ

That is a good question. In this Internet age' date=' I average only one or two phone calls per week. So, it may be a little while before I fully get to test out GrooVe IP + Google Voice integration. That said, set up seemed to be exceedingly easy. I installed the app, entered my Google Voice username and password, and that was that. A quick outgoing test call connected straight away.

AJ[/quote']

I was having sound issues bad. It wasn't recognizing the mic and a whole bunch of settings were not set right. I think it was meant more for inactivated or bad ESN phones back then. Now it is for all devices.

Would be my guess.

Just holding the tab and phone to opposite ears and talking, there was at least 1-2 seconds of lag.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner