9erHater

Yes, this is a Sentence Completion question from the October 2011 SAT. And, of course, the correct answer is:

D) ejaculate . . dungarees

:P

AJ

I question the validity of this being on a 2011 SAT. What teenager in 2011 would even know the word dungarees much less know how to use it in a sentence?

I'm VERY tempted to get a Nexus tablet. But what's everyone's take on 7" vs. 10" tablets? I no longer have a laptop and would be interested in a tablet. I know it's not a laptop replacement, but it's pretty darn close. Not to mention all the development the Nexus 7 will get!

I have always been a fan of the 7 inch tablet. It is ultra portable, but large enough to use it as a tablet and not an oversized phone. I have not replaced my laptop, as there are a lot of things that a tablet is limited on (hooking external HD up, smaller internal HD, connecting and programming other devices etc) but I would think that if I was looking for a tablet to replace my laptop, I might go 10 inch or larger. I am thinking about getting the MS Surface tablet when that comes out to replace my laptop.

I use the 7 inch tablet to access the internet, watch movies, play music etc when I am on the road and a laptop is too cumbersome to bring with me.

The development potential is what spurred me to buy the Nexus 7. I bought the Kindle fire when I saw how much development was being done on that (and it was $139 at the time), but I think the Nexus 7 will be a more robust development community.

• Like 1

I question the validity of this being on a 2011 SAT. What teenager in 2011 would even know the word dungarees much less know how to use it in a sentence?

I agree with you on that. Maybe it was a trick question put there on purpose.

And I'm waiting to see the reviews of the Nexus 7 tablet. I may consider getting one in the future.

I agree with you on that. Maybe it was a trick question put there on purpose.

Hmm, I am unsure who is being serious and who is just playing out the joke. This situation is __________.

A) ostentatious

B) sanguine

C) cryptic

D) callow

E) jubilant

AJ

PS -- I wish that we could get that damn sunglasses smilie turned off. It wreaks havoc with FCC filings, too.

Walked into gamestop today, they gave me $150 for my 7 inch galaxy tab 2, and walked out with a Nexus 7. I didn't have a pre-order.

Banned.

LOL, the Gamestop in St. Cloud got 1 total Nexus 7 and had more preorders than 1. I called them. I would have paid for a third just to have it yesterday. I am really upset that Google pooped the bed on this, shipping to stores and making preorders wait.

Banned.

LOL, the Gamestop in St. Cloud got 1 total Nexus 7 and had more preorders than 1. I called them. I would have paid for a third just to have it yesterday. I am really upset that Google pooped the bed on this, shipping to stores and making preorders wait.

That sucks. I didn't even expect to get one today, I just wanted to get on the list next wave of pre-orders and get my extra credit for trading in the galaxy tab 2 towards the Nexus. He says the galaxy tab I have is worth $150 instead of the $130 they told me on the phone, and oh, by the way we have one Nexus left, do you want it now? Uh, yeah! Deal!

I like it a lot better than the galaxy tab 2 which seemed kind of laggy and it was brand new! That tablet kind of sealed the deal for me as far as swearing off any manufacturer skins.

Good news... it appears that my tablet is currently in Louisville and should be delivered sometime tomorrow (7/17) according to UPS. After getting a tracking number late Friday night, this morning is the first time the UPS tracking system has been able to give me any info. It appears that my label was created on 7/10 and I was originally scheduled to receive it on 7/12.

I'd love to know what the hell happened last week to delay the shipments. It appears they were originally scheduled so that pre-orders would have them in their hands the same day as the retail channel, but something obviously went fubar. I doubt it was a patent thing as the retailers probably wouldn't have started handing them out. It must have been a logistics issue with either Google/Asus or UPS.

Good news... it appears that my tablet is currently in Louisville and should be delivered sometime tomorrow (7/17) according to UPS. After getting a tracking number late Friday night, this morning is the first time the UPS tracking system has been able to give me any info. It appears that my label was created on 7/10 and I was originally scheduled to receive it on 7/12.

I'd love to know what the hell happened last week to delay the shipments. It appears they were originally scheduled so that pre-orders would have them in their hands the same day as the retail channel, but something obviously went fubar. I doubt it was a patent thing as the retailers probably wouldn't have started handing them out. It must have been a logistics issue with either Google/Asus or UPS.

Yeah, my UPS tracking still says the scheduled delivery is Friday 13 July 2012... Stupid UPS, should have shipped it FedEx, I would have it in my hands by now. Or I could have ordered with gamestop.

If it doesn't get here before Office Depot gets them in stock, I will strongly consider making Google eat the shipping costs and refuse shipment. From what I have read though, the warranty from Google Play trumps any other seller (and it doesn't cost anything).

The store manager at Office Depot did say that they have a $50 2-year warranty that gives your money back if anything goes wrong including physical damage... Not sure if I believe that physical damage is included, but he specifically said that it covers drops.

The store manager at Office Depot did say that they have a $50 2-year warranty that gives your money back if anything goes wrong including physical damage... Not sure if I believe that physical damage is included, but he specifically said that it covers drops.

Yeah, I'll confirm it includes physical damage 'cause I got it. However, you'll have to wait 'til the 8GB flavor is available from OD if you want coverage for $50 as that is for tablets up to $200. It costs $80 for tablets in the $200-$300 range. I didn't want to wait and got the 16GB + $80 coverage... however I get a 10% discount through my work so, with free shipping, it netted out to a total of $240.74 for the tablet + $71.99 for the coverage ($312.73 total) vs. $267.49 I would have paid at GameStop with no coverage. Considering I'm getting this for my 12-yo, I think the extra $45 to cover it when she smashes it is worth it. Plus the guy at OD basically said once the battery dies within two years, the policy will effectively cover a replacement tablet even if it doesn't get smashed. Even if it's not quite as easy as all that, it sounds like the extra investment is well worth it.

Yeah, I'll confirm it includes physical damage 'cause I got it. However, you'll have to wait 'til the 8GB flavor is available from OD if you want coverage for $50 as that is for tablets up to $200. It costs $80 for tablets in the $200-$300 range. I didn't want to wait and got the 16GB + $80 coverage... however I get a 10% discount through my work so, with free shipping, it netted out to a total of $240.74 for the tablet + $71.99 for the coverage ($312.73 total) vs. $267.49 I would have paid at GameStop with no coverage. Considering I'm getting this for my 12-yo, I think the extra $45 to cover it when she smashes it is worth it. Plus the guy at OD basically said once the battery dies within two years, the policy will effectively cover a replacement tablet even if it doesn't get smashed. Even if it's not quite as easy as all that, it sounds like the extra investment is well worth it.

So they give you the price of the tablet? Sounds like it is asking for abuse of the system...

So they give you the price of the tablet? Sounds like it is asking for abuse of the system...

Overview: "2 years of ultimate protection for your laptop. Get peace of mind for 2 years from your date of purchase. Accidental Damage from Handling coverage (meaning damage due to accidental drops or spills) and surge protection starts on day 1."

Details from the terms & conditions: The plan... "will pay for the cost of shipping your product to and from our service center or replacement facility. We will repair or replace the product with a new or remanufactured product of like kind and quality that performs to the factory specifications of the original product or provide you with an Office Depot gift card or check, with a value equivalent to the original purchase price, excluding sales tax. Repair or replacement of the product will be at our discretion, when required due to a breakdown, in accordance with the terms stated herein. Note: Repair or replacement for failures due to power surges as well as technical troubleshooting support shall be provided regardless of whether a product is covered under any other warranty or service plan. We may replace your product or we may at our discretion issue you an Office Depot gift card or check for the original purchase price of that product, excluding taxes, as indicated on your sales receipt."

My understanding is that they consider a dead battery irrepairable since it's not designed to be replaced... so, they would give you a replacement tablet or apply the purchase price to a new tablet. Not 100% on that but that is what we were told and it sounds plausible given the wording of the terms.

... but yes... I can see how some folks might abuse the agreement.

Edited by MudPuppy

I'm really resisting the temptation to buy this tab. At first I was a little underwhelmed with the specs but then I saw the price! The only reason I am holding out is because I have to get a new laptop for school first.

Don't worry, you can get some pills online that will add a 3 inches in only 4 weeks if you conclude your 7in device is inadequate.

Sorry, couldn't resist.. its Friday

"Dont take the best part of your life out of your life......." ok, I'm done. :)

I've been playing with the Nexus 7 for an hour since I got home and it is really really to my liking. It feels great with the rubbery back, it is light but not cheap feeling. It is slick like butter. I am addicted.

• Like 1

I've been playing with the Nexus 7 for an hour since I got home and it is really really to my liking. It feels great with the rubbery back, it is light but not cheap feeling. It is slick like butter. I am addicted.

I need to find a store that has it in stock to play with.

I need to find a store that has it in stock to play with.

The retailers that I know of that are selling them are Staples, Office Depot, Gamestop, and Sams club. Does J&R have a B&M store? or are they just online?

Great' date=' I have all those around me :) will have to check it out.[/quote']

This is the best tablet I have owned, but the competition is not exactly top shelf. Galaxy tab 7 and kindle fire...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forum Runner