9erHater

So I sold my Transformer at a loss to get the Nexus 7 and I am not looking back at all.

Anyone get theirs at Staples with the $60 2-year complete warranty/accidentally damage deal? Sounded like a steal to me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Did you really? I have a the original Samsung 10.1 and have been thinking about doing the same. I bought 4 of them for Christmas and none of them were for me :(

Did you really? I have a the original Samsung 10.1 and have been thinking about doing the same. I bought 4 of them for Christmas and none of them were for me :(

Go for it man. I the Nexus 7 feels so much better in the hands than a 10in tablet. It will certainly an upgrade for you.

That avatar. I'm afraid I can no longer speak with you. :angry:

Just kidding. :lol: I might buy a Nexus 7, I really need some more Android in my life. Played with one at Sam's the other day, looks nice. Especially the screen. Rivaling my iPad's retina display, actually.

I've wanted a Nexus 7 for a good while. However, since I got the Note II, I'm having trouble justifying buying a tablet with a screen that's only 1.5" bigger. :unsure:

Edited by PDXmike

I've wanted a Nexus 7 for a good while. However, since I got the Note II, I'm having trouble justifying buying a tablet with a screen that's only 1.5" bigger. :unsure:

Ask a woman. She would tell you that those extra 1.5" make all the difference in the world.

Of course, I am talking about high heel length.

:P

AJ

• Like 3

Ask a woman. She would tell you that those extra 1.5" make all the difference in the world.

Of course, I am talking about high heel length.

:P

AJ

Haha. Figured you'd comment something like that. :lol:

<br /><br />Yes, mine does that all the time without any perceptible notification being involved.<br /><br />Robert
<br /><br />Okay now its starting to get on my nerves a little. The N7 has the screen on more than off (no exaggerating) and its become a pain at night and during meetings. Is yours that bad as well

<br /><br />Okay now its starting to get on my nerves a little. The N7 has the screen on more than off (no exaggerating) and its become a pain at night and during meetings. Is yours that bad as well

I'd say mine comes to life once or twice an hour. It goes back to sleep in 30 seconds or so. It's frequency doesn't bother me. At night, mine is in Alarm Clock mode. So it is on all night long.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I'd say mine comes to life once or twice an hour. It goes back to sleep in 30 seconds or so. It's frequency doesn't bother me. At night, mine is in Alarm Clock mode. So it is on all night long.

Timed mine out and the screen turns on every 10-45 seconds after it's turned off.

Timed mine out and the screen turns on every 10-45 seconds after it's turned off.

. That would be a problem.

Have y'all installed better battery stats or something like that to see the wake locks? Or run a logcat to see if you watch what is doing it?

I don't recall my son's Nexus doing this but I will check it out on my 4 day weekend.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

Have y'all installed better battery stats or something like that to see the wake locks? Or run a logcat to see if you watch what is doing it?

I don't recall my son's Nexus doing this but I will check it out on my 4 day weekend.

-- "Sensorly or it didn't happen!"

I'll give it a shot. I'm suspicious of MX Player since it has known issues with Tegra 3...

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think this dock IS NOT worth $40?

Personally, I don't even see the point in this. Since it has to be plugged in to the wall and doesn't have any built in speakers there isn't any difference between just plugging the Nexus into the wall or running a 3.5mm cable directly from the Nexus.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/01/26/official-nexus-7-dock-quick-review-a-solid-accessory-thats-worth-its-price-if-you-can-find-it/

• Like 1

Anyone else think this dock IS NOT worth $40?

Personally, I don't even see the point in this. Since it has to be plugged in to the wall and doesn't have any built in speakers there isn't any difference between just plugging the Nexus into the wall or running a 3.5mm cable directly from the Nexus.

http://www.androidpo...ou-can-find-it/

I wil stick with my folio case it adjusts to 3 positions in landscape or portrait. $40 is alot for such a limited dock. The lack of volume control from your nexus when using the docks audio jack is a joke people using head sets won't be very happy with it.

• 2 weeks later...
My only complaint with the Nexus 7 is the lack of 5ghz WiFi. Sitting in the Charlotte airport and can't use it now. At least the Evo has 5ghz WiFi lol.

Really? I have 5GHz WiFi in my house and I thought I was using it. But I may be on my 2.4GHz. Now I want to go home and check. LOL

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Really? I have 5GHz WiFi in my house and I thought I was using it. But I may be on my 2.4GHz. Now I want to go home and check. LOL

Most routers broadcast both signals simultaneously so ideally users would never know, or ever need to know, which connection they were on. The Nexus 7 definitely doesn't support it though which is a shame. After 1pm WiFi is rendered useless at my job, and this is the first time I've been to an airport that has such bad WiFi congestion.

Most routers broadcast both signals simultaneously so ideally users would never know, or ever need to know, which connection they were on. The Nexus 7 definitely doesn't support it though which is a shame. After 1pm WiFi is rendered useless at my job, and this is the first time I've been to an airport that has such bad WiFi congestion.

I title my 5GHz and 2.4GHz with different SSIDs though. So I can tell the difference on mine. I just use so many devices, that I may not have noticed the 5GHz SSID was not populating in available connections.

Nope. Nexus 7 supports only ISM 2.4 GHz, not U-NII 5 GHz. That was maybe my biggest disappointment about its tech specs, but I noticed the omission when the tablet was announced, so went in with full knowledge.

I title my 5GHz and 2.4GHz with different SSIDs though. So I can tell the difference on mine. I just use so many devices, that I may not have noticed the 5GHz SSID was not populating in available connections.

I do exactly likewise. I even include the terms "2.4 GHz" and "5 GHz" in my two separate SSIDs. The separate SSIDs preclude automatic handoff between the two, but I would rather manually control that anyway. And in the end, I really keep only my laptops on the 5 GHz network. Wireless printer, Wii U, and Nexus 7 are 2.4 GHz only. EVO LTE and HP TouchPad are 5 GHz capable, but I keep them on 2.4 GHz, too. Lastly, NAS drive and BD players are on Ethernet.

AJ

• Like 1