Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Last night there was a very noticeable clicking on my office handset when I was talking to my wife on her cell phone (she was at home). Later she was using our landline to talk to her mother who also has Sprint and was on her way to our house (likely connected to the same tower) and heard the same type of clicking that I described. Has anybody else experienced this when their towers were being switched on or is this likely just some technical issues going on with the tower?

I experienced the same clicking last night around 5 pm as I was calling my wife (also on Sprint) as I exited onto I-90 west from Rt. 53. I'm not sure what this means...

Last night there was a very noticeable clicking on my office handset when I was talking to my wife on her cell phone (she was at home). Later she was using our landline to talk to her mother who also has Sprint and was on her way to our house (likely connected to the same tower) and heard the same type of clicking that I described. Has anybody else experienced this when their towers were being switched on or is this likely just some technical issues going on with the tower?

My wife and I heard it from multiple towers yesterday that have already had NV 3g completed. I would think it was a glitch...

Sent from my EVO LTE

My wife and I heard it from multiple towers yesterday that have already had NV 3g completed. I would think it was a glitch...

Sent from my EVO LTE

Were there any black helicopters circling around overhead when it was happening? :ninja:

I am noticing a great deal of clicking when stationary on a Sprint Photon 4G while in the Hoffman Estates/ Schaumburg area. Clicking has recently continued throughout the north/ northwest suburbs. Does anyone have a technical explanation what is causing these clicks? It is very distracting to both parties while in a call. I doubt Sprint Customer Service would provide any insight on this.

One weird issue I'm having with my tower... If I call landlines, I never hear the phone "ring". It's dead silent and then out of nowhere "hello?" they answer. Doesn't happen with any cell I call.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Sent from my EVO LTE

When you are saying that NV 3g is completed do you also mean that backhaul has been activated? I was hoping this was a step towards getting the backhaul turned on. The towers by us have been on the Completed list for NV for about 45 days but still haven't seen the performance improvements to indicate that backhaul has been turned on.

i was just talking to a friend on att about the clicking. Its been going on for a few weeks. on and off for me and my brother (both on sprint) but all of the time for my friend on att. this is an on going issue for a few weeks. i was surprised to see it mentioned on this board with so many hits.

My lord! So today it got to the point where my connection was so bad that people were calling and my phone never rang and my data speeds were like 9-10k! Plus it was constantly dropping the data connection. I can handle the slow speeds being in downtown Chicago and all given the payoff in a short while supposedly, but it has to at least work properly enough that I don't miss calls and texts.

So, that was it, time to find some solution or at least try to, and I decided to explore some different PRLs. Found a zip file with what claims to be every Sprint prl including some custom ones for accessing other provider networks or allowing 3G roaming. Did a little playing around and trying a few and hit the Jackpot!!!!

I know I'll have to limit my use and not go crazy with using it, but one of the custom PRL files is giving me a better connection than I've ever had. Just an initial test I did right after the phone restarted and the 3G icon popped up returned this:

post-4081-13474094128395_thumb.jpg

I'd say that's a drastic improvement going from essentially 1xrtt data connection speeds to about 1.5Mb down and .5 up!!!

sent from my G III via tapatalk.

When you are saying that NV 3g is completed do you also mean that backhaul has been activated? I was hoping this was a step towards getting the backhaul turned on. The towers by us have been on the Completed list for NV for about 45 days but still haven't seen the performance improvements to indicate that backhaul has been turned on.

My understanding is that completed status means that an upgraded site has been accepted by Sprint from the OEM contractor, but the contractor's responsibility does not include the new backhaul. Also, the Completed status may reflect 4G upgrades, but that does not necessarily mean that both 4G and 3G upgrades are complete. (There may be additional milestones related to backhaul and 4G/3G status on the Premier Sponsor maps.) Completed status on the Sponsor-level maps also does not necessarily mean that the upgraded site is live to customers.

My understanding is that completed status means that an upgraded site has been accepted by Sprint from the OEM contractor, but the contractor's responsibility does not include the new backhaul. Also, the Completed status may reflect 4G upgrades, but that does not necessarily mean that both 4G and 3G upgrades are complete. (There may be additional milestones related to backhaul and 4G/3G status on the Premier Sponsor maps.) Completed status on the Sponsor-level maps also does not necessarily mean that the upgraded site is live to customers.

Understood, I was questioning Tongboy for clarification of his comment about why he thought it was a glitch and the state of the towers he was referring to.

I made a call today to somebody just before 8 P.M. and heard that really annoying clicking sound. I have a Cricket dumbphone and I was calling someone on Virgin Mobile. I live in Elgin, and I believe I am on Cricket's native network out here, so why did I experience this?

I made a call today to somebody just before 8 P.M. and heard that really annoying clicking sound. I have a Cricket dumbphone and I was calling someone on Virgin Mobile. I live in Elgin, and I believe I am on Cricket's native network out here, so why did I experience this?

Virgin mobile uses sprints network

I also started hearing the clicking noise yesterday around 9:30am I was getting out of work. Didn't happen when my grandma called, but did happen again while talking to my mom. First call was in Kenosha leaving my first job then second one was leaving my other job in gurnee

Sent From EVO LTE

I ment the newer NV radios are active.

Although anything is possible I doubt it is related to back haul improvements. It seems to be really widespread.

I can tell you that once the back haul is upgraded the data speed is awesome.

Sent from my EVO LTE

One weird issue I'm having with my tower... If I call landlines, I never hear the phone "ring". It's dead silent and then out of nowhere "hello?" they answer. Doesn't happen with any cell I call.

Sent from my JB iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

My wife has been experiencing this on her Sprint dumb phone for the past few months. I am not sure what towers she has been one when it happens, though. However, it happens randomly when calling her mom's landline, and hasn't yet happened for other calls. This has never happend on either my HTC Evo 4G or Galaxy S3. It is interesting to hear that others are having this same problem...I always assumed it was the phone! =P

Super excited my whole drive home from my first job in Kenosha Wisconsin my phone has stayed connected to ePHRD towers. Even inside my house in Waukegan Illinois. It's just a matter of time

While exciting, eHRPD arrives in a market well in advance of NV

Sent from my Evo LTE or SSGS3 using Forum Runner

• Like 1

While exciting, eHRPD arrives in a market well in advance of NV

Sent from my Evo LTE or SSGS3 using Forum Runner

True it covers the whole town of Kenosha while they won't get LTE until Milwaukee does. But I'm excited because the other day I read the article and it listed my town. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

Sent From EVO LTE

• Like 1

the tower i ahve been commenting on (CH50XC246) that has already been accepted had workers at it today. i stopped and talked to them and they were removing all of the legacy equipment. They ahd it all loaded up by the time i left adn they showed me the new equipment that in installed (this is old news ofcourse) and the backhaul lines feeding into the NV box. They work for a sub contracted company based out of Rockford. The tower is fully complete with all the NV equipment and backhaul.

I thought it a little odd that i havent noticed any 4g signal coming from this tower and i have been checking multiple times a day since last May. according the them it is just waiting on them to hit the switch though...

BTW still no ehrpd in the north chicagoland area since about 2 weeks ago.

• Like 1