Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I think we need a caption contest.

3f40056fb53a002ef1f412cbabd8fad2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

I am with you on that vince, Whoever comes up with the funniest one. If they aren't a sponsored member, I will pay for them to become one. If they are sponsored member. I will put money towards helping them get closer to achieving premier membership, if they are premier member. I will put money into fund that helps people who can't afford to become a sponsor right now. Either way, It is a win win all around for the site and possibility one member :D

• Like 2

I am with you on that vince, Whoever comes up with the funniest one. If they aren't a sponsored member, I will pay for them to become one. If they are sponsored member. I will put money towards helping them get closer to achieving premier membership, if they are premier member. I will put money into fund that helps people who can't afford to become a sponsor right now. Either way, It is a win win all around for the site and possibility one member :D

You're like the Chicago S4GRU Santa Claus.

Sent from my iPhone 6

I'm 99 percent certain it is. Samsung setup fo sho

Sent from my iPhone 6 on the Now Network

It couldn't be Sprint! I used Sprint 10 years ago and they sucked and they haven't worked on their network at all!

- Tech Site Blog Post Commenter

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I guess no one wants to challenge vince for the caption contest, I will extend it to sunday if that helps. Otherwise vince is the winner lol

And I didn't even create a caption. I'm not good at these, but I'll take a stab...

I think we need a caption contest.

3f40056fb53a002ef1f412cbabd8fad2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

"Look at this 65/12 speedtest from up here! Ok, I'm ready to come down now. My brain feels hot."

Sent from my iPhone 6+

• Like 1

B26 is struggling tonight in the NW burbs.. -101 dBm signal and only getting 2.5 up / 2 down. I wonder what the issue could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like it's overloaded. I've noticed this happening in my hometown of O'Fallon IL. Due to the location of the Sprint tower, band 26 is relied upon more often for LTE coverage. This causes it to be overloaded and yields results of 2-5Mbit/s while band 25 is cruising along at 15+. Not sure what Sprint can do apart from building another tower to offload band 26.

As sad as it was to do, with pressure from my girlfriend, we both switched over to T-Mobile. The speeds on T-Mobile are much faster even during peak hours. I tried to tell her that if she had a spark device, the speed difference wouldn't be that much, but $30 off my bill is great

As sad as it was to do, with pressure from my girlfriend, we both switched over to T-Mobile. The speeds on T-Mobile are much faster even during peak hours. I tried to tell her that if she had a spark device, the speed difference wouldn't be that much, but $30 off my bill is great

A few of my friends have T-Mobile. Their signals can't penetrate most brick buildings around here and they hate it. And I'm not just talking LTE, they literally can't make phone calls inside. I don't have that issue with Sprint 95% of the time, and the other 5%, I still get a 3G voice signal.

I won't consider T-Mobile as a viable competitor to the other three until they secure low band spectrum in my area. They may be able to get away with not having any in urban Chicago, but out in the suburbs the experience on their network is less than desirable. If I considered switching based on peak speeds, I would be making a foolish decision because I would be giving up unlimited data and calling on a consistent network.

• Like 8

A few of my friends have T-Mobile. Their signals can't penetrate most brick buildings around here and they hate it. And I'm not just talking LTE, they literally can't make phone calls inside. I don't have that issue with Sprint 95% of the time, and the other 5%, I still get a 3G voice signal.

I won't consider T-Mobile as a viable competitor to the other three until they secure low band spectrum in my area. They may be able to get away with not having any in urban Chicago, but out in the suburbs the experience on their network is less than desirable. If I considered switching based on peak speeds, I would be making a foolish decision because I would be giving up unlimited data and calling on a consistent network.

B12 for Chicago is a looooooong ways off.

As long as there is wifi, there is calling. T-Mobile uses both VOIP and VoLTE. And I have unlimited data on T-Mobile. Don't get me wrong, sprint is coming along, but at the end of the day for me the 30 less per month with 2 lines is well worth it. If I lived on the outskirts of coverage, I'd think about it.

As long as there is wifi, there is calling. T-Mobile uses both VOIP and VoLTE. And I have unlimited data on T-Mobile. Don't get me wrong, sprint is coming along, but at the end of the day for me the 30 less per month with 2 lines is well worth it. If I lived on the outskirts of coverage, I'd think about it.

Correction: **EDGE of coverage

We pay an average of 45 / line on our family plan AND we recently got 4 iPhone 6's on lease for an extra $4 /month with zero down. I'll take that over drinking the T-Mobile kool-aid.

• Like 2

I have both a TMO (GS5) and Sprint Device (GS3).  In regards to their similar spectrum holdings, B4 vs. B25, indoor penetration and coverage is generally the same for both on LTE.  So far calling/texting for me has been slightly better on TMO, both indoors and out.  I have had a taste of HD calling too, its miraculously better, only TMO to TMO right now.  The biggest difference I have noticed is that between eHRPD and HSPA+.  I have mentioned this already, in terms of data speeds there is no comparison, HSPA+ is the winner.  Though I am not sure how much HSPA+ there is outside of the cities, I don't get out much.  Don't know much about family plans I am a single guy, but I have unlimited everything for $60/month (including tax). Referral/Corporate discount :rasp:

The biggest difference to me has been network experience.  There are some cool things I have fallen in love with on TMO.  The wifi calling and texting is great.  When your in a basement or poor coverage building its amazing.  I love the in flight texting too, I am always flying AA/Alaska and they use COGO, which is where TMO has their in flight texting agreement (for free).  I also love the fact that I can WiFi call/text back to the USA when I am out of the country, and I get no international data roam charges, although they throttle the service to 128K.  Still, I am pumped the moment I land in Brazil/Argentina (next week) I will have workable data service, no fees, no need to get a SIM, and can make calls/texts to back home once I am on WiFi.  That's so cool.

• Like 2

"I know Band 41 is short-range,  but THIS is ridiculous!" 

Just wanted to let everyone know, that is caption won. I let vince pick since he started it and I agreed that it was funniest one,I wish we have more captions. But never the less, it was still fun. I will be making a donation to gift/scholarship account.

Merry Christmas everyone :D

• Like 3