Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

I was thinking the same thing after I posted that.  Using Chrome here. Interpretation is largely subjective.  But there are more clear emojis for either emotion. 

Either way,  those speeds kick ass.

Here's an emoji that shouldn't be debatable: ?

24 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

I was thinking the same thing after I posted that.  Using Chrome here. Interpretation is largely subjective.  But there are more clear emojis for either emotion. 

Either way,  those speeds kick ass.

Here's an emoji that shouldn't be debatable: ?

Haha it was definitely a “wow” face. I guess it comes across differently. I guess I should have used “?” ?

Anyways, I snapped a couple pics of that 3G only tower that had been bothering me.

bjits5.jpg

2uz8ao5.jpg

2uzw36p.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, WuTang03 said:

Haha it was definitely a “wow” face. I guess it comes across differently. I guess I should have used “?” ?

Anyways, I snapped a couple pics of that 3G only tower that had been bothering me.

Bother Marci on twitter and ask when this sucker will finally get 4G.  Someone should get back to you and let you know.    

Haha it was definitely a “wow” face. I guess it comes across differently. I guess I should have used “[emoji47]” [emoji12]

bjits5.jpg

2uz8ao5.jpg

2uzw36p.jpg

It might be complicated by the fact that the wires go through a hole in the brick exterior. Perhaps that has something to do with the holdup. But at the very least they should be able to give it GMO LTE.

It's also possible they can't get to the radios easily inside (it looks like the top is an addition. The bricks look to be a different color).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, ingenium said:

It might be complicated by the fact that the wires go through a hole in the brick exterior. Perhaps that has something to do with the holdup. But at the very least they should be able to give it GMO LTE.

It's also possible they can't get to the radios easily inside (it looks like the top is an addition. The bricks look to be a different color).

I think you could be onto something with the brick exterior. It’s the only site in the area that is 3G only left, so hopefully it gets taken care of in the next round of upgrades. 

You’d think they would have made it easily accessible for their own sakes ?

happy new year!

1 hour ago, ingenium said:

Those appear to be NV antennas, so that's not an issue. They wouldn't put in NV antennas without RRUs. Now the RRUs don't have to go right behind the antennas. They can be placed with the cabinets, making it a GMR site (slightly different from GMO). So it looks to me like a backhaul issue of some kind. Because the equipment is there.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Those appear to be NV antennas, so that's not an issue. They wouldn't put in NV antennas without RRUs. Now the RRUs don't have to go right behind the antennas. They can be placed with the cabinets, making it a GMR site (slightly different from GMO). So it looks to me like a backhaul issue of some kind. Because the equipment is there.

Is backhaul an easy fix? I can’t imagine that’s something they overlooked, especially if @ingenium‘s guess of an addition is correct. 

5 minutes ago, WuTang03 said:

Is backhaul an easy fix? I can’t imagine that’s something they overlooked, especially if @ingenium‘s guess of an addition is correct. 

Depends on the site. In an area like that, I would think that it wouldn't be, but there must be an issue of some kind if it is still 3G only.

49 minutes ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Depends on the site. In an area like that, I would think that it wouldn't be, but there must be an issue of some kind if it is still 3G only.

Appreciate the insight!

I tweeted Marci and Sprint with the site ID, so I’ll keep everyone posted on what I hear :)

8 hours ago, Dkoellerwx said:

Same thing happened with PH03XC057 Tower In Phoenix. It is on a Hill with houses and private access.  Keep bugging Marci and her team. and Finally They were able to activate B26.   Which I found funny cause B25 isnt activated on the tower yet.  

• Like 2

Hello,

For the past few weeks I am getting abysmal speeds in the Loop area. I work specifically at the corner of Franklin and Jackson right by the Sears Tower. My speeds hover at 0.5MB up and down. This is beyond unacceptable. My cell phone is connected to a Band 41 antenna. The cell ID is 133794305. Any known issues in the area?

Thank you in advance!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestLoopResident said:

Hello,

For the past few weeks I am getting abysmal speeds in the Loop area. I work specifically at the corner of Franklin and Jackson right by the Sears Tower. My speeds hover at 0.5MB up and down. This is beyond unacceptable. My cell phone is connected to a Band 41 antenna. The cell ID is 133794305. Any known issues in the area?

Thank you in advance!

You need to contact Sprint and report the issue - and ask that same question.

On 1/3/2018 at 9:34 AM, WestLoopResident said:

Hello,

Thank you in advance!

I recommend the contracting the same twitter(Marci Carrie) as above and it will get forward to the network team at sprint

On 1/3/2018 at 9:49 PM, Cubbiefan82 said:

I recommend the contracting the same twitter(Marci Carrie) as above and it will get forward to the network team at sprint

So I contacted Marci Carrie and she replied back immediately and referred the case to a technical service group which contacted me within 2-3 hours. They told me that there is a tower down being repaired and that might be causing my data speed issues. They opened a ticket and even though they have not called me to follow-up I am very happy to say service is much better today. 

• Like 3

On 1/5/2018 at 4:04 PM, WestLoopResident said:
So I contacted Marci Carrie and she replied back immediately and referred the case to a technical service group which contacted me within 2-3 hours. They told me that there is a tower down being repaired and that might be causing my data speed issues. They opened a ticket and even though they have not called me to follow-up I am very happy to say service is much better today. 

Glad to hear it was taken care of so quickly!

I’m really hoping Joel Meyer (new VP of Service Assurance) will be able to provide us with more info about future plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/13/2018 at 1:12 AM, WuTang03 said:

I was in Woodridge by Seven Bridges tonight; terrible LTE coverage ?. I barely had service in the movie theater. 

Well, on the plus side you didnt have any distraction while watching your movie. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1