Network Vision/LTE - Chicago Market

thesickness069

Did you happen to post this on Friday? There was a outage on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You could... you know... look at the time and date of the post.... to see that it was posted ... never mind... just look.

You could... you know... look at the time and date of the post.... to see that it was posted ... never mind... just look.

Really David? All it says is 2 days ago. No where on here does it say a time or date.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I found another new site going up and this time it's not AT&T or Verizon (Verizon is already on this tower). It doesn't look like TMO....So could it actually be a new Sprint macro!? The only thing I could tell that it might be Sprint is the two equal sized outer panels and shorter inner panel (two B26/25 and one B41 panel in the middle), but I'm holding reservation about it being Sprint just because they don't really ever add sites, and there's already a Sprint site right in that area. 

8eE81Iw.jpg

2jdi9kz.jpg

SX29gVR.jpg

nyEE3BL.png

I found another new site going up and this time it's not AT&T or Verizon (Verizon is already on this tower). It doesn't look like TMO....So could it actually be a new Sprint macro!? The only thing I could tell that it might be Sprint is the two equal sized outer panels and shorter inner panel (two B26/25 and one B41 panel in the middle), but I'm holding reservation about it being Sprint just because they don't really ever add sites, and there's already a Sprint site right in that area. 

It looks like it might be T-Mo to me. No indication of a new Sprint site going in in that area.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else noticed how horrible sprint service (data) has become on the CTA while underground? It never used to be an issue (even during rush hours) but now data virtually doesn't exist. I did notice if I turn off LTE I can get some data - but nothing like it used to be!

• 1 month later...
[mention=4387]lilotimz[/mention] I’m pretty sure the map was made by a user of this site [mention=46063]RAvirani[/mention]?

i also can’t see my post. Was it deleted?
Moved to premier section post as his map is from from that section.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Hmight said:

Sprint has 15x15 b25 at midway airport and 3xCA b41.  Downloaded 2 netflix episodes in less than 10 mins. Very impressed!!

That's 10+5 carrier aggregation and not 15x15. Note the 10 MHz carrier @ 8290 EARFCN and the 5 MHz carrier @ 8665 EARFCN. 

Is performance wise the same as 15x15?

14 minutes ago, lilotimz said:

That's 10+5 carrier aggregation and not 15x15. Note the 10 MHz carrier @ 8290 EARFCN and the 5 MHz carrier @ 8665 EARFCN. 

18 minutes ago, Hmight said:

No.

UL wise it's limited to whatever is the PCC at the time ie 10 or 5 MHz.

DL is slighty affected  due fact it's two different LTE carriers being aggregated together. As they're independent LTE carriers and on different (though close) frequencies they are susceptible to other environmental factors which may not impact a single contiguous 15 MHz carrier. In most situations the DL performance would be very close but not identical.

• Like 2

Will Small Cells be spreading more as well? I see other markets like Columbus and Cincinnati with lots of Air Harmony installs.
I have one that was fired up a month ago down the street from me in Lake in the Hills. I'm sure more are coming.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tongboy said:

I have one that was fired up a month ago down the street from me in Lake in the Hills. I'm sure more are coming.

Tong Boy- Take a pic will you? And give me a location. When I get back in town I'll check it out.  

• Like 1

Tong Boy- Take a pic will you? And give me a location. When I get back in town I'll check it out.  
I will the next time I can walk out of my house without freezing to death.

It is right off Pyott road between Oak street and McPhee. It's on a power pole on the east side of Pyott.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tongboy said:

I will the next time I can walk out of my house without freezing to death.

It is right off Pyott road between Oak street and McPhee. It's on a power pole on the east side of Pyott.

Ugh it’s UNBELIEVABLY cold these last couple of weeks. Stay warm!

Glad to hear they’re rolling them out in the burbs, too! I hope it continues in 2018 and they can fill in the gaps of B41.

• Like 1

Then why the sad face? Those speeds are absolutely fantastic if they are on band 25. Clearly it is a higher bandwidth site with CA. 

The real takeaway is the great increase in capacity these sorts of sites provide, especially as it relates to future data use. Very impressive.  

47 minutes ago, JonnygATL said:

Then why the sad face? Those speeds are absolutely fantastic if they are on band 25. Clearly it is a higher bandwidth site with CA. 

The real takeaway is the great increase in capacity these sorts of sites provide, especially as it relates to future data use. Very impressive.  

I think it was more of a “wow” face