Service Update

kckid

Why would they block access to the 800SMR? Unless it's because they are just testing those towers for quality and range.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

I suspect someone jumped the gun by adding it in the first place. It was probably adding to the hand off issues on that market.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

I suspect someone jumped the gun by adding it in the first place. It was probably adding to the hand off issues on that market.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

That makes sense.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

By the way...they are using 310-FFF.

In hex, FFF is 4095, which in binary is the largest 12 bit number. I presume then that the MNC must be a 12 bit value. So, while 310 (as well as 311-316) is the MCC for the US, Sprint appears to be using a null MNC value (much like 65535 is a null NID value).

AJ

Well, so far, I have had no luck with custom PRL swaps on the EVO LTE. PRL swapping on the handset requires the EPST.apk. But only certain versions of the EPST.apk allow access to the PRL dialer code (##PRL#). For example, I had to replace the stock EPST.apk on my EVO 4G with an older version before I could swap PRLs.

I can report that the stock EPST.apk on the EVO LTE does not grant access via the PRL dialer code. My EVO LTE is rooted, so I used Root Explorer to replace the stock EPST.apk with the much older version that enabled PRL swaps on the EVO 4G. Unfortunately, it does not work with Android 4.0 or Sense 4.0 or both. In fact, the old EPST.apk not only does not grant access via the PRL dialer code but also removes access via the programming dialer codes (##DATA# and ##xxxxxx#, in which "xxxxxx" is your six digit MSL). So, the very old EPST.apk that allowed PRL swaps on the EVO 4G appears to be a dead end with the EVO LTE.

Back to the drawing board...

AJ

Ever since I put ICS on my EVO 3D, I have been unable to use the ##PRL# code. This is with the older EPST.apk as well, so I think it has to do more with ICS than the EVO LTE.