Greetings from Kansas City

Spongebob4071

Hello everyone! My name is Bill and I currently reside in Kansas City. I work for a telecommunications company in Overland Park, KS and a program manager/technical analyst in the web arena.

I am originally from Denver, CO and enjoy skiing, fly-fishing, and really anything outdoors.

Bill

• Like 2

:welcome: to S4GRU.

Hope to see you around!

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Welcome Bill. I thinks it's cool that you saved the typing and just copied and pasted your Match.com profile here. Not sure how successful it's going to be. It's a veritable sausage fest around here.

But anyway, glad to have you! :jester:

It is cool amigo! I am from the Lenexa area so I am close by and welcome to S4GRU. Welcome aboard and hope KC zone gets lit up with LTE soon! I am dying for my EVO 4G LTE and am dying for Saturday to roll around!

Patrick

Welcome Bill. I thinks it's cool that you saved the typing and just copied and pasted your Match.com profile here. Not sure how successful it's going to be. It's a veritable sausage fest around here.

But anyway, glad to have you! :jester:

LMAO, you mean that girls are not wireless technology dorks? And they wouldn't be trolling this site for dates? I know that there are many hotties drooling over Robert's brain and the knowledge it holds. It was a big mistake for him to disclose which tower he lives by. Girls have been standing outside his driveway in wedding dresses ever since.

LMAO' date=' you mean that girls are not wireless technology dorks? And they wouldn't be trolling this site for dates? I know that there are many hotties drooling over Robert's brain and the knowledge it holds. It was a big mistake for him to disclose which tower he lives by. Girls have been standing outside his driveway in wedding dresses ever since.[/quote']

Did I ever tell you about my stalker from Chattanooga? :rofl:

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

Did I ever tell you about my stalker from Chattanooga? :rofl:

Robert - Posted from my E4GT with ICS using Forum Runner

That's right, you have been a sex symbol for some time already.

It's a veritable sausage fest around here.

Yeah, did you miss the 1st Annual S4GRU Sausage Fest last week on Memorial Day? Robert brought out the grill. It was a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyDpcUtVnzM

AJ

Yeah' date=' did you miss the 1st Annual S4GRU Sausage Fest last week on Memorial Day? Robert brought out the grill. It was a good time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyDpcUtVnzM

AJ[/quote']

I did grill some Hot N Spicy Johnsonville Brats with our New York Strips on Memorial Day.

And just like that, a perfectly respectable greeting thread has gone south. My work here is done.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone in the KC metro and everywhere else. I live in Olathe, KS and I am originally from Grand Rapids, MI.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and ask a question. Recently I bought the new EVO 4G LTE for my wife, and it was a fiasco moving/porting her number from Boost Mobile (IDEN) Moto i1. It took almost a week, 2 rounds of customer service calls, totaling about 3 hours and 2 hold to disconnects, threats of going to the Sprint Campus to talk to former account reps and many conversations with the rep at an Olathe store who was very helpful. There is more to the story, but does anyone know why there is such a huge disconnect when porting a number in addition to billing discrepancies? I was at the point of leaving Sprint, but due to many friends working there, I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks

This is the first I've heard of someone porting from Boost to Sprint. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

I had a friend port over from Verizon to Sprint about two months ago. He said it was a breeze. I personally have never ported before. Maybe someone else around here has more info for you.

On another note, I was born in Grand Rapids. Lots of family up there. I now make Northern New Mexico my home. Welcome to S4GRU. :welc:

I ported 3 numbers, and it was absolutely not a problem at all. I have no idea why it would be that hard, except possibly because boost is technically sprint...

Sent from my CM9 Toro using Forum Runner

Thanks Robert and company. Good to know you are from GR. Michigan is beautiful in the summer but the snow and ice in winter get old. My wife and daughter are there visiting and enjoying the nice cool summer weather. We are supposed to hit 102 in KC tomorrow, but better than the cold.

Yeah, when you port from Boost they said it can take up to 5 biz days, at least they told me that up front. I made the mistake of calling cust service before going back to the store on the 6th day. They were clueless until I got to someone in Colorado (one of their call centers for tier 2). They tried porting it and in the middle of it called me back on the phone number that was being ported. It was a confusing mess and they didn't call back after I was cut off. The other thing they did was charge $36 for a new number activation, that was a temp number during the time before the port. They also prorated charges for that number on the plan. I was furious when I saw my monthly bill and then called to dispute it. They fought it at first but gave in once I had the right supervisor on the phone. The bill went from 227 to 175 for 2 EVO’s on a family shared 1500 minute plan. They said it will go down some more next month when the taxes get straightened out. Honestly, I forgive them and I am very happy it's over with. I also hope we can avoid anyone else going through the same headaches. I filled in the rep at the store so he was going to escalate to his acct exec. I still have to fill in some of my friends who work at Sprint.

By the way, the reason we changed from Boost IDEN is because in Olathe they are shutting down Nextel/Boost, and the phone was working on/off for about 2 weeks. I can’t wait for the NV update to complete so my 3G will be faster, and the wife’s new EVO LTE will work at hopefully warp speed.

• Like 1