I think I've gotten my first taste of NV.

This week I'm attending a conference at a hotel in the National Harbor area outside of DC. I've been seeing 3g speeds I've never seen before on sprint. Here are three speedtest results from yesterday:

1873kbps/578kbps

447kbps/450kbps*

1932kbps/580kbps

2393kbps/583kbps

And from this morning:

1722kbps/720kbps

According to the DC market map there is a tower in this area, however it is not yet on the completed sites map. Maybe it will show up in the next round of updates Robert gets.

*-I received a text message during test which seemed to throw the test off.

• Like 2

Do you know the Tower number....? I can check for you.

*EDIT* duh, nevermind, Forum Runner didn't say you were a sponsor.... :D

Sent from my Epic 4G (WiSuck) using Forum Runner

Do you know the Tower number....? I can check for you.

*EDIT* duh, nevermind, Forum Runner didn't say you were a sponsor.... :D

Sprint says one of the towers in my area will be getting some upgrades on June 14.

Do you have the ability to check and let me know what kind of work is being performed?

This week I'm attending a conference at a hotel in the National Harbor area outside of DC. I've been seeing 3g speeds I've never seen before on sprint. Here are three speedtest results from yesterday:

1873kbps/578kbps

447kbps/450kbps*

1932kbps/580kbps

2393kbps/583kbps

And from this morning:

1722kbps/720kbps

According to the DC market map there is a tower in this area' date=' however it is not yet on the completed sites map. Maybe it will show up in the next round of updates Robert gets.

*-I received a text message during test which seemed to throw the test off.[/quote']

That's great news.

A text message will throw off 3G speed tests because your device will switch to 1x for a few moments for the text message then revert back to EVDO.

Lots of times sites will be active in advance of showing up on our maps. Sometimes even by weeks. I don't get the site report until Sprint accepts the site from the OEM. Sometimes they refuse to accept the site for some reason. When this occurs, the site is still active, but not reported on-air. It stays this way until the OEM corrects whatever Sprint complained about. Once Sprint accepts the site, it shows up on the list and then I report it on the NV Sites Complete map.

Robert via Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

That's great news.

A text message will throw off 3G speed tests because your device will switch to 1x for a few moments for the text message then revert back to EVDO.

Lots of times sites will be active in advance of showing up on our maps. Sometimes even by weeks. I don't get the site report until Sprint accepts the site from the OEM. Sometimes they refuse to accept the site for some reason. When this occurs, the site is still active, but not reported on-air. It stays this way until the OEM corrects whatever Sprint complained about. Once Sprint accepts the site, it shows up on the list and then I report it on the NV Sites Complete map.

Robert can you tell what's scheduled to be done on these sites in the near future NY60XC155, NY05XC315

Sprint tells me upgrades are to be performed on June 14. I can't even complete a speed test when in the vicinity of these towers.

Thanks.

Sprint says one of the towers in my area will be getting some upgrades on June 14. Do you have the ability to check and let me know what kind of work is being performed?

Looks like NV upgrades are going on in NY NY. More information on what NV is here.

Robert can you tell what's scheduled to be done on these sites in the near future NY60XC155, NY05XC315

Sprint tells me upgrades are to be performed on June 14. I can't even complete a speed test when in the vicinity of these towers.

Thanks.

Furthermore greg, if you have noticed an HUGE increase in dropped calls, data not working right (which it sounds like you have) thats usually a sign that upgrades are currently being done in your area. These conditions will last about 2 weeks or until upgrades are completed in your area.

Looks like NV upgrades are going on in NY NY. More information on what NV is here.

Thanks for the link but it would be a travesty for me to be on these forums on not know what NV is LOL

I was hoping you had info on schedules other than what's posted in the Sponsor forums.

Thanks anyway!

Furthermore greg, if you have noticed an HUGE increase in dropped calls, data not working right (which it sounds like you have) thats usually a sign that upgrades are currently being done in your area. These conditions will last about 2 weeks or until upgrades are completed in your area.

This has been going on for years

• Like 1

Thanks for the link but it would be a travesty for me to be on these forums on not know what NV is LOL

I was hoping you had info on schedules other than what's posted in the Sponsor forums.

Thanks anyway!

I get all my information here. The only upgrades that are not going to be NV are ones that are done in non major metros.

I get all my information here. The only upgrades that are not going to be NV are ones that are done in non major metros.

Yeah me too, thought u had a line to more detailed info since you offered to check towers for the OP

• Like 1

Ha ha. Yup, that's how I figured out there was a tower nearby. In fact it may be on top of the hotel where my conference is.

Edit: this forum runner app will take getting used to. I thought I was quoting a post from aerxx.

Ha ha. Yup' date=' that's how I figured out there was a tower nearby. In fact it may be on top of the hotel where my conference is.[/quote']

What time of day were you getting those speeds from the 1st post.

Ha ha. Yup' date=' that's how I figured out there was a tower nearby. In fact it may be on top of the hotel where my conference is.

Edit: this forum runner app will take getting used to. I thought I was quoting a post.[/quote']

Yea....you have to "long press" on the post you want to quote....

What time of day were you getting those speeds from the 1st post.

I will post the screen capture if I can figure out how. They were at various points throughout day. Early lunch time and afternoon. And this morning.

I am on the road for work this week and cannot look up specific sites for members. I may be able to this weekend if I come back across the thread.

I will post the screen capture if I can figure out how. They were at various points throughout day. Early lunch time and afternoon. And this morning.

Thats a good sign.....I get those type of speeds....but early morning and late night.....when the network is quiet...

Thanks.

From the maps in the Premier Sponsors forum, work for NY60XC155 started a few days ago and NY05XC315 is scheduled to start in a couple weeks. Scheuduled to be online in the mid to late July timeframe, assuming the schedule there still holds.

From the maps in the Premier Sponsors forum, work for NY60XC155 started a few days ago and NY05XC315 is scheduled to start in a couple weeks. Scheuduled to be online in the mid to late July timeframe, assuming the schedule there still holds.

Anyway to know if the work is 4G LTE installation or 3G maintenance?

Anyway to know if the work is 4G LTE installation or 3G maintenance?

The maps on this Site are NV only. Not related to Sprint's 3G maintenance. You would have to go to the network.sprint.com site for that info.

The maps on this Site are NV only. Not related to Sprint's 3G maintenance. You would have to go to the network.sprint.com site for that info.

That's great news. Sounds like i'll have LTE pretty soon

That's great news. Sounds like i'll have LTE pretty soon

That all depends though on when Sprint announces the NY market as live, even if the towers are live. As has been reported here for other towers/markets, LTE is live on many sites but at this point Sprint is blocking LTE for customers. Until they open it up, the site might be live but not accepting LTE connections.

That all depends though on when Sprint announces the NY market as live, even if the towers are live. As has been reported here for other towers/markets, LTE is live on many sites but at this point Sprint is blocking LTE for customers. Until they open it up, the site might be live but not accepting LTE connections.

I had Wimax way before it was officially announced in my market, hopefully it plays out the same way.