Atlanta, GA LTE (Live)

danielholt

I forgot about the way Robert suggested. Much faster than my way. On the Evo it's under "About > Network > Mobile network type"

I forgot about the way Robert suggested. Much faster than my way. On the Evo it's under "About > Network > Mobile network type"

I like your other way better because it shows a great speed test result, too. ;)

Hi folks; a newbie here. Got my Samsung Galaxy S3 last week, and have been searching for 4G speeds.

I am in southern Cherokee County. I went to two different nearby cell tower sites (just to be sure) that this site says has 4G ... but nothing.

Is 4G not yet fully turned on in metro ATL?

Regardless, the phone itself rocks.

Hi folks; a newbie here. Got my Samsung Galaxy S3 last week, and have been searching for 4G speeds.

I am in southern Cherokee County. I went to two different nearby cell tower sites (just to be sure) that this site says has 4G ... but nothing.

It's been stated that even if 4G is live at a site Sprint is blocking device access for the time being. It may be related to possible connectivity issues with the EvoLTE.

Welcome to S4GRU. I am looking forward to the day when I get my 32GB Pebble Blue SGS3. But it's still on back order. *sigh*

As Odell mention above, Sprint is still blocking access to LTE sites. We wrote on article about it here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-167-sprint-intentionally-blocking-new-lte-devices-from-accessing-live-lte-sites/

We have had dozens, if not 100's of reports of S4GRU members getting LTE in many cities, only to have them eventually be blocked by Sprint. We are all waiting for Sprint to stop the blocking. Most likely it will occur after an OTA hits the streets for the EVO LTE in the next few weeks.

Robert

• Like 1

Welcome to S4GRU. I am looking forward to the day when I get my 32GB Pebble Blue SGS3. But it's still on back order. *sigh*

As Odell mention above, Sprint is still blocking access to LTE sites. We wrote on article about it here: http://s4gru.com/ind...live-lte-sites/

We have had dozens, if not 100's of reports of S4GRU members getting LTE in many cities, only to have them eventually be blocked by Sprint. We are all waiting for Sprint to stop the blocking. Most likely it will occur after an OTA hits the streets for the EVO LTE in the next few weeks.

Robert

You might want to watch your wording there Roberto. You know the LTE hungry masses will read that as "Robert said that the OTA to fix the LTE issue is coming in the next week or so!"

You might want to watch your wording there Roberto. You know the LTE hungry masses will read that as "Robert said that the OTA to fix the LTE issue is coming in the next week or so!"

Yes. I cannot help for people to over read what I say. It happens every day.

Robert

• Like 1

What's up with the EVO LTE?

there is some sort of an issue in connecting to Sprint's lte and maintaining the connection. It is expected that a software update will resolve it

Sent from my CM9 Transformer TF101 using Forum Runner

Thanks for the prompt replies folks - I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

FYI: my S3 was delivered with 4G turned off.

Yep, all the devices come with the radio configured for CDMA only. Makes senses from a standpoint of coverage.

Yep, all the devices come with the radio configured for CDMA only. Makes senses from a standpoint of coverage.

Me and my girls evolte came with lte/cdma active, I can't remember what it was on my gnex though.

How is battery life when you have coverage all day?

Not sure if you are directing the question to me but I can answer it anyway. About 3 weeks ago I was getting an lte signal and for the most part battery performance was a lot better than I thought it was gonna be. Yes its not quite as efficient compared to just being on 3g but it should still get you through the day effortlessly, unless of course you are planning on streaming hd video all day or something of that nature.

• Like 1

Well I bid Atlanta/Athens adieu .... 9 months of sweat and cockroaches bigger than your thumb.... heading back to Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC. You guys will still find me lurking around as usual, but I will not be active in this thread anymore. Good to meet all of yous guys.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone has any idea about LTE at the ATL airport and in Jonesboro?

I do get 4G with one bar at my house.

My other question is how do you get on the LTE tower? Is there a secret?

Edited by chong67

North Carolina or Arkansas?

Welcome to the site Chong, I haven't been over at ppcgeeks much recently. You getting an lte signal right now? Which part of jonesboro are you again?

North Carolina or Arkansas?

He means Jonesboro Georgia.

Welcome to the site Chong, I haven't been over at ppcgeeks much recently. You getting an lte signal right now? Which part of jonesboro are you again?

He means Jonesboro Georgia.

Oh lol

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Sam's in Oakwood tonight and looked down at my GNex and it was getting 4G. I ran a speed test and got 27mbs down and 11mbs up. This is about 8 miles north of the sprint coverage map.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

I was in Sam's in Oakwood tonight and looked down at my GNex and it was getting 4G. I ran a speed test and got 27mbs down and 11mbs up. This is about 8 miles north of the sprint coverage map.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Nice. Glad to see Sprint is covering areas that they haven't updated their coverage maps to reflect yet.