Samsung Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge User Thread

SturgeonGeneral

So far the S7E is as good as the Note 5.  I can say the S7E is performing better at weak signals where my Note 5 or S6 would not have data connectivity.

On the RF department, the S7E and Note 5 is at around the same RSRP consistently but I find the S7E to pull in faster speeds with weaker signals.

• Like 3

So far the S7E is as good as the Note 5. I can say the S7E is performing better at weak signals where my Note 5 or S6 would not have data connectivity.

On the RF department, the S7E and Note 5 is at around the same RSRP consistently but I find the S7E to pull in faster speeds with weaker signals.

does the engineering screen still work?

So far the S7E is as good as the Note 5.  I can say the S7E is performing better at weak signals where my Note 5 or S6 would not have data connectivity.

RSPR -109 pulling easy 50Mbps+.  This test was done 3/4 in a neighbourhood with many Boost customers.

fbKHO3W.png?2

• Like 1

Hey guys, I saw this page about Qualcomm's TruSignal feature with the Snapdragon 820. Have you guys noticed better RF performance overall with the s7?

Can't wait till Friday!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Super nice! did your note 5 ever pull speeds like this with such high RSPR'?

I rarely see 50Mbps on my Note 5 with RSRP around -109 in San Diego market.  I have never seen 100Mbps+ on my Note 5 in So-Cal period.

With a weak RSRP on my S7E, I am pulling easy 50Mbps+.  I can confidently say my S7E is a speed beast.  The RF between the Note 5 and S7E are very similar.

Test I just did moments ago picking up Pizza for my kids.  This site I have only seen max 90Mbps on my Note 5 with very good signal.

On my S7E with RSPR of -90.

4lfau5I.png?1

• Like 2

Hey guys, I saw this page about Qualcomm's TruSignal feature with the Snapdragon 820. Have you guys noticed better RF performance overall with the s7?

RF same as my Note 5, but in the speed department hands down.   :ty:

• Like 2

S7E better battery so far.

With 600mah more, more efficient chip and screen I would hope so. Could you maybe get a on screen time test one day. From 100% to about 5% with no charging?

With 600mah more, more efficient chip and screen I would hope so. Could you maybe get a on screen time test one day. From 100% to about 5% with no charging?

It'll still vary dramatically depending on what apps he runs, foreground and background, whether it's good or bad LTE or wifi signal, etc. There have been reports of 7-8 hours with undocumented usage.

I run both Yahoo and ESPN sports alerts, tapatalk alerts, signal check pro widget, 3 diff email clients including that dog Yahoo mail (word is that ymail may roll into gmail finally), usually 1 or 2 web browsers, weather underground widget, intellicast tray temp and wx, if I'm driving add Pandora interfaced to my alpine truck radio via Bluetooth, waze, and google maps. Twitter is constantly pulling alerts as is fb and periodically fb messenger and texts. If I'm documenting towers, I'm also running google earth with a tower map kml overlay, and a spreadsheet with tower data.

Plus bloatware I can't permanently disable like google messenger"hangouts", and sprint zone.

I'm constantly shuffling and killing apps on my gs4 to keep it running so that's why I want to get my paws on s7 so badly.

I've long outgrown the s4t for what I do and managing memory / apps manually has lost its charm.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Since the S7 and S7E are the first (from what i can tell) to support 3xCA on B41 i wonder when users will start to see it being deployed and what sort of speeds are possible!

also like the 2xCA on B25 as well very interested in that.

Bro, people are reporting 7 hours of screen on time that's mind blowing!

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Bro, people are reporting 7 hours of screen on time that's mind blowing!

Im trying my hardest not to upgrade early. I wish Sprint had a jump like program where you can upgrade more than once per year.

• Like 4

Im trying my hardest not to upgrade early. I wish Sprint had a jump like program where you can upgrade more than once per year.

When, the lady told me i can upgrade 3 times a year whenever. i was shocked!

• Like 1

That new Samsung forever or the Apple equivalent or both?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Yes and no ! With tmobile if i wanted to try htc's new device and go back to the note 6 i can. With sprint i have to stay with the galaxy until a new one comes out same with apple!