Sprint Band 25 Pico Cells (Alcatel-Lucent)

lilotimz

Alcatel-Lucent’s PCS LTE 9764 Metro Cell Outdoor Transceiver System

Front

EwBg0y3.png

Back

JJTyYca.png

Bottom

rEgQzEX.png

Alcatel-Lucent 9763 Metro Cell Indoor B25 LTE 2x250mW

Front

6MTzUy3.png?1

Back

EhXMY1E.png?1

Sides

RxBiqX1.png?1

rO2HA0e.png?1

Bottom

Vz65Mid.png?1

• Like 13

The first time I see one of these one of the things in the wild I'm going to be like a tween meeting Taylor Swift in person. I hope my wife is not in the car with me when it happens, she already thinks my Sprint obsession is borderline freakish.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Is this what I should expect my GMO site to be converted with? Currently my closest tower is inside the tiny little cross structure on the right.

No, small cells are for dense areas to provide capacity. Your GMO site is a macro site with macro equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/842-network-visionlte-shentel-market-shenandoah-valleyhagerstownharrisburg/?p=406515

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/842-network-visionlte-shentel-market-shenandoah-valleyhagerstownharrisburg/?p=406520

Spotted these 2 pico cell deployments in the Shentel Market. One has just two B25 antennas, the other, also has a CDMA omnidirectional antenna on top of the pole. I'm going to try to get a couple more pics when I have a chance. 

Are these the first to be seen in the "wild"? 

• Like 4

Are these the first to be seen in the "wild"? 

Yar!

Sprint Corp. small cells only exist in FITs until general deployment that starts in a few weeks but Shentel does their own thing so... :D

Yar!

Sprint Corp. small cells only exist in FITs until general deployment that starts in a few weeks but Shentel does their own thing so... :D

The one in Toms Brook has been up for a few months. The one in Woodstock I just spotted about a month ago. Had I known these are the first known to exist anywhere, I would have posted sooner. 

Robert already changed the one in the map to 3G/4G in a message I sent him a while back. Is there any way to add this new one to the map as 4G only? 

The one in Toms Brook has been up for a few months. The one in Woodstock I just spotted about a month ago. Had I known these are the first known to exist anywhere, I would have posted sooner. 

Robert already changed the one in the map to 3G/4G in a message I sent him a while back. Is there any way to add this new one to the map as 4G only? 

They've been testing ALU and STA PCS small cells since 2013 and have deployed a few but they're not very widespread. Take pictures of it, have proof that it is actually broadcasting for Sprint (engineering screens -80 or better), and a location like coordinates (lat/long) then send it to Robert. 

What was the real world range on that thing?