Man, that's kind of harsh, Fast Company.

Duffman

I once used to buy Apple products. Now I'm in recovery...

Glad to hear you were able to break the habit. Did you seek professional help, attend rehab, or were you able to break that horrible addiction through prayer and on your own account?

Glad to hear you were able to break the habit. Did you seek professional help, attend rehab, or were you able to break that horrible addiction through prayer and on your own account?

The spell was broken when I played with the Evo for 5 minutes on Friday, June 4, 2010. When the possibilities of Android's customization and personalization woke me up from the spell!

• Like 4

The spell was broken when I played with the Evo for 5 minutes on Friday, June 4, 2010. When the possibilities of Android's customization and personalization woke me up from the spell!

The EVO had a major, positive impact in my life as well.

• Like 3

I can play virtual piano, drums and virtual DJ on my iPad/iPhone. I can't do that on my Android tablet or phones :P :P (due to Android's high audio latency)

OTOH, I have usable Google Maps navigation, tethering, and can block calls/SMS on my Nexus S. Can't do that on my iPhone :lol: Oh and drain the battery with wimax.

Android ICS launcher is much easier and prettier than the iPhone launcher, but overall i prefer the iPhone 4s...for now.

The EVO had a major' date=' positive impact in my life as well.[/quote']

I was about to throw it all away and go slumming around the world. But then along came the EVO. I stayed with my wife and kids and even took up paragliding.

The EVO is a life-changing device.

• Like 3

I was about to throw it all away and go slumming around the world. But then along came the EVO. I stayed with my wife and kids and even took up paragliding.

The EVO is a life-changing device.

:funnypost: I almost spit on my coffee on that one. :coffee:

• Like 1

Trying to help my kid use itunes fixed me right up. Never ever will I own a device that requires itunes.

Once you've been with android and someone with iOS asks you to help them set their device up....for me that was the nail in the coffin as well. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Once you've been with android and someone with iOS asks you to help them set their device up....for me that was the nail in the coffin as well. Lol

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

+1

Download my free Android app, Tito's Rants.

Not to defend Apple or anything' date=' but all tech companies are pretty ruthless with their employees overseas. Foxconn makes far more than just Apple products.[/quote']

While its true that Foxconn does assemble for others, nothing compares to the quantity Apple does with them. Also, other OEMs have contracts all over the world even further diluting their share of contribution to Foxconn. I think the ratio of Foxconn Apple work to other OEMs is 3:1. Huge difference.

Also, Samsung is a greedy capitalist company. They don't claim to be anything else. Whereas Apple pretends to be something else specifically trying to cater their relationship with the responsible/sustainable crowd. And in many instances, Apples under reported business practices are distinctly at odds with its consumers ideals. Which is also fine. But many of their customers are willing to pretend that the issue does not exist, because they like Apple and Apple products.

However, if this was Walmart, I have a feeling those same Apple customers who don't care about Foxconn would be up in arms about Walmart.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

• Like 2

While its true that Foxconn does assemble for others, nothing compares to the quantity Apple does with them. Also, other OEMs have contracts all over the world even further diluting their share of contribution to Foxconn. I think the ratio of Foxconn Apple work to other OEMs is 3:1. Huge difference.

Also, Samsung is a greedy capitalist company. They don't claim to be anything else. Whereas Apple pretends to be something else specifically trying to cater their relationship with the responsible/sustainable crowd. And in many instances, Apples under reported business practices are distinctly at odds with its consumers ideals. Which is also fine. But many of their customers are willing to pretend that the issue does not exist, because they like Apple and Apple products.

However, if this was Walmart, I have a feeling those same Apple customers who don't care about Foxconn would be up in arms about Walmart.

- Robert

Posted via Forum Runner

I would agree 100%. I think many people would also be appalled to learn the truth behind electronic "recycling". It really is sad how we tend to ignore the problems associated with electronics manufacturing and recycling. And it is definitely true about Apple pretending to be something they are not. Granted they have done much for the technology industry, but I do think now is the time to be sure that employees are not mistreated (especially with all those record profits). Speaking of that, I hope that Sprint properly recycles and reclaims all the e-waste NV will generate!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Oh, I don't know. Some of us Android fanboys can be just as bad as the fruit fanboys.

Sure Apple produces an inferior product with an inferior ios and an inferior customer experience. But the way some of us go on and on about how evil Apple is are starting to sound like sour grapes. Next someone is going to accuse Apple of getting babies to work on the iPhone assembly lines. If the babies don't meet their daily quota, they'll grind them up and cook their baby fat to render it into plastic used to make hard protective cases.

It's not like any of the Android manufacturers are saints. Eeesh... Lol...

Edited by simcha

Oh' date=' I don't know. Some of us Android fanboys can be just as bad as the fruit fanboys.

Sure Apple produces an inferior product with an inferior ios and an inferior customer experience. But the way some of us go on and on about how evil Apple is are starting to sound like sour grapes. Next someone is going to accuse Apple of getting babies to work on the iPhone assembly lines. If the babies don't meet their daily quota, they'll grind them up and cook their baby fat to render it into plastic used to make hard protective cases.

It's not like any of the Android manufacturers are saints. Eeesh... Lol...[/quote']

Capitalism can be dangerous in the hands of the greedy. And I've been stupid enough to fall for the buying trap on more than one occasion. At one point I owned 3 iPod Touches, 2 iPod Classics, 2 MacBooks, 1 MacBook Pro, 8 lines of Service on at&t, and 4 lines of service on Verizon all at once.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

Capitalism can be dangerous in the hands of the greedy. And I've been stupid enough to fall for the buying trap on more than one occasion. At one point I owned 3 iPod Touches, 2 iPod Classics, 2 MacBooks, 1 MacBook Pro, 8 lines of Service on at&t, and 4 lines of service on Verizon all at once.

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti... Amen...

Does that help? Lol!

Ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti... Amen...

Does that help? Lol!

If I knew what that means, I could answer that. lol

Interesting. I'm not Roman Catholic, and I will still go buy lots of apple devices again if I had the money right now. :P

• Like 1

Well, my parents are major fruit fanboys. I grew up with Apple computers. I even learned to program in Applesoft Basic. I went to "The Dark Side" in the late 1990's when I worked as a web developer / designer and I had to test my websites to make sure they worked on many browsers, many operating systems, and many different brands of hardware. Quickly, my clients became less concerned about anything that wasn't Microsoft. It made my job easier and it forced me to learn the pc / Windoze environment. Basically, most clients chose to make sure that their websites worked on Windows with Internet Explorer and Mozilla and stopped being concerned about whether or not their websites worked on Apple products / operating systems / browsers. I became less and less familiar with the Apple environment. And I haven't done that work in over ten years so I wasn't around to learn to develop for smart phones otherwise I think that I would have been forced at least partially back into an Apple environment because of the iPhone. But I'm immersed in a completely different career now and I'm only concerned as an end user. I've grown to strongly prefer Android. But that could be because I've been a Sprint customer since 1998 and my first smart phone was an Android because I was with Sprint. I'm glad I've stuck with Android though because I've played with several iPhones and I've found them to be too constraining.