How to Spot Sprint 8T8R TD-LTE RRHs (Nokia Networks)

lilotimz

Has anyone seen the Andrew/Commscope 8T8R antennas that they plan to deploy at the NSN sites? I can't find anything on those new 2.5GHz antennas.

Every single application in a Samsung or alcatel-lucent market that I've came across uses a KMW Communications antenna. There is one image of a slightly different antenna model that I've yet to confirm who it belongs to.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• 5 weeks later...

No but the enclosures for all their flexi units are the same as seen in that picture.

72PCVNx.png

They could put it pole mounted like we're all used to or clustered together like T-mobile..

kYo8XwI.jpg

lilotimz, on 23 May 2014 - 9:01 PM, said:

No but the enclosures for all their flexi units are the same as seen in that picture.

They could put it pole mounted like we're all used to or clustered together like T-mobile..

I was thinking that could be what the Panel looks like? The one in the picture I posted.

no....

See this or this if you want to know what the Antennae looks like.

Are we talking about insect body parts or antennas?

;)

AJ

• Like 3

Checked the FCC and noticed that the actual model used by Sprint is VBNFZHE-02 which was certified on the 31st of October instead of the VBNFZHE-01 model certified in august. 

Fun fact: The relationship between Sprint and Nokia and Softbanks influence was in full effect since at least Q1 of 2013. Nobody noticed it but Nokia Solutions & Networks actually certified an 8T8R B41 RRH on April 12,2013 FCC ID VBNFZHA-01. 

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If I'm in St. Louis tomorrow I'm definitely looking to see if anything can be spotted at permitted sites.

I checked a site in KC that was permitted for full NV and 2.5 at the same time, they took down the legacy gear and put up NV antennas last week, but no Nokia yet. I'll check again next weekend.

• 1 month later...

So I guess Louisville was first in ky to get b41 setups installed. I was wondering if the site was a network vision site that had it or was it a clear protection site that got upgraded?

So I guess Louisville was first in ky to get b41 setups installed. I was wondering if the site was a network vision site that had it or was it a clear protection site that got upgraded?

Read this and the following post.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4956-kentucky-nashville-maps-and-stats/?p=352703

Oh OK yes I missed that post but thanks for showing me. I see why I didn't really hear anything about it. Cool if I see anything here in BG I will let you know.

Every single application in a Samsung or alcatel-lucent market that I've came across uses a KMW Communications antenna. There is one image of a slightly different antenna model that I've yet to confirm who it belongs to.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Every single application I've found in Ericsson markets are using the CommScope TTTT65AP-1XR antenna.

http://www.commscope.com/catalog/andrew/product_details.aspx?id=34916

fYAUMxE.jpg

Every single application I've found in Ericsson markets are using the CommScope TTTT65AP-1XR antenna.

http://www.commscope.com/catalog/andrew/product_details.aspx?id=34916

They have a multitude of different vendors including mainland China ones which is not surprising since they're deploying 8t8r across the pond as well. A lot has been found since that post from months ago. :P

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...