Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

• 5 weeks later...

I am in Baton Rouge for work this week and I was looking at the coverage maps before I left and I was really disappointed about the lack of coverage and I was expecting a lot of roaming. But Sprint delivered actually a good and solid LTE coverage between New Oleanes and Baton Rouge along the I-10 & I -12 corridor. No roaming, LTE all the way. I have not seen B25 yet because my phone sticks to B26 like glue but it works very well. Have not seen yet B41 but I hope I will later today and when I go Friday into the French Quarter. Very happy.

• Like 5

63e5c1a4db48c58f08c057b9843b51f7.jpg

Second carrier B41 in Nola. If your from here you know the area.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

MidCity getting some action... Need to start thinking about my next handset. Nexus 5 maybe?

With some B41, Carrier Aggregation on the new chips, plus the potential to do a 10x10 LTE in 1900, speeds around here could finally be coming together.

Now I just need a phone the size of my 2013 Moto X that can do it. Hmm...

• Like 1

MidCity getting some action... Need to start thinking about my next handset. Nexus 5 maybe?

With some B41, Carrier Aggregation on the new chips, plus the potential to do a 10x10 LTE in 1900, speeds around here could finally be coming together.

Now I just need a phone the size of my 2013 Moto X that can do it. Hmm...

Nexus pure edition

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

The legacy site that just won't stop. Downtown Baton Rouge legacy rebuild.  New single band antennas, new coax, and legacy cabinets moved from the roof to the sidewalk during the building construction.

Figured some of you would get a kick out of these.

http://imgur.com/D2d0auP

http://imgur.com/TGetuhh

http://imgur.com/GAJtN4F

http://imgur.com/5oJCJ9R

http://imgur.com/tKMYV2t

• Like 8

The legacy site that just won't stop. Downtown Baton Rouge legacy rebuild.  New single band antennas, new coax, and legacy cabinets moved from the roof to the sidewalk during the building construction.

Figured some of you would get a kick out of these.

Unbelievable that site is still untouched...

Good to see you around though!

• 3 weeks later...

Don't hold your breath for a second PCS LTE carrier. Sprint is still happily using all of its non-G-block PCS spectrum for 3G:

YqSb7yD.png

• 3 weeks later...

Don't hold your breath for a second PCS LTE carrier. Sprint is still happily using all of its non-G-block PCS spectrum for 3G:

YqSb7yD.png

That would actually explain why when my LTE signal is wonky, I can so easily switch to 3g for better connectivity.

Alas...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

Can anyone provide me with some solid information about coverage, and data speeds in New Orleans. I'll be down for a couple of days after Christmas till after New years. Will mostly be in the French Quarter. Staying at the Marriott which charges for WiFi. So I'm hoping to hear more about that area.

Can anyone provide me with some solid information about coverage, and data speeds in New Orleans. I'll be down for a couple of days after Christmas till after New years. Will mostly be in the French Quarter. Staying at the Marriott which charges for WiFi. So I'm hoping to hear more about that area.

Which Marriott? The one near the Convention Center is a block away from a B25/B26 macro site; the one on Canal St is facing a tri-band macro site with three band 41 carriers. You'll also see B25 on the

. You should definitely see usable data speeds.
  • Like 1

Which Marriott? The one near the Convention Center is a block away from a B25/B26 macro site; the one on Canal St is facing a tri-band macro site with three band 41 carriers. You'll also see B25 on the

. You should definitely see usable data speeds.

Its the one on Canal St so this sounds very good. Also cool to learn about the ODAS in the French Quarter, curious if phones will latch on to a week B41 signal over the ODAS that only broadcast B25. Seems like Sprint is only using 8 out of the 14 LTE capable Towers available at that time from Crown Castle. Hopefully that has changed as of now. Its been 3.5 years since that video came out. would be cool if they added B26 and B41

Staying at the Marriott which charges for WiFi. So I'm hoping to hear more about that area.

The Marriott gives free wifi if you sign up for their Marriott rewards program before booking. You might be able to sign up and attach it to your booking after the fact and still get the free wifi.

You also get discounted rates on the rooms. Try logging into your account and switching to their member rate for the same room. It's stupid they do this, but since it's free to become a member, you may as well take advantage of it.

For a booking I have in Peru, they kept dropping the price over the course of a month or 2. I just kept changing my room and selecting the exact same one again to get the lower price. Saved a few hundred dollars.

Sent from my Pixel XL

• 3 months later...

Didn't really know where to throw this out, but going through Gonzales, la last night close to Tanger outlet I randomly did a speed test and got 71mbps download..I haven't ever gotten that..it was only right there on that area...did sprint upgrade a tower or something? Appreciate any response!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Didn't really know where to throw this out, but going through Gonzales, la last night close to Tanger outlet I randomly did a speed test and got 71mbps download..I haven't ever gotten that..it was only right there on that area...did sprint upgrade a tower or something? Appreciate any response!

There are some B41 mini macros in the area.

I was wondering, when I look on signal lite it just says LTE but nothing extra..so I didn't know..

I am not sure that Signal Check Lite does band identification, that might be limited to Signal Check Pro. You can always check your engineering screens to see what LTE band you are connected to.

I am not sure that Signal Check Lite does band identification, that might be limited to Signal Check Pro. You can always check your engineering screens to see what LTE band you are connected to.

It does normally...doubt know how to get to the engineering screen and how to use it..

I was wondering, when I look on signal lite it just says LTE but nothing extra..so I didn't know..

SignalCheck can't properly identify the B41 mini macro sites in the area because they share GCI space with B26 sites. If the second hex digit from the right is a 3 or a 4 (e.g. 31, 3A, 42) then you're on band 41.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Did a speed test with my note 5 last night in New Orleans around the dental school and on band41.. I got 133 down and 6 up. That was with ookla speed test..I tried with sensorly but it would never get over 100 in the same spot.

• Like 2