Network Vision/LTE - Boston Market (all of Massachusetts)

brendan4t

I have 4g in Somerville MA. I'm in the Winter Hill area and I have 4G in my room, but outside my house I have no 4G. Drove around today in Medford near the Meadow Glen mall and looked at my phone and the 4G icon was on. The signal was real spotty and kept switching back to 3g. So I parked and tested it as soon as i got a 4G icon locked and it was 4mbps tops around the Medford/Malden line. Some tests failed half way. Not as good as the strength in my bedroom where I have a router 6 feet away from me. I would much rather having it outside where I cant use a router. I don't even know where the tower that I am connecting to is. Anybody know how to find out? Had to toggle CDMA and CDMA/LTE to get it to work in Medford. screenshot2012080521334.png

Getting 2mb down and 1mb up in southern tewksbury, I'm guessing my tower was upgraded, but S4GRU told me my area was TBD :). Hoping to see the 4G sign at the end of the month!

By the way, whats the name of the app that gives you information on thw tower your connected to?

Netmonitor. and to a lesser extent, OpenSignal.

Netmonitor. and to a lesser extent' date=' OpenSignal.[/quote']

Neither work on Sprint LTE. They will show the site that the 1x is connected to. Not LTE, unfortunately.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

I was not able to keep a connection, but I connected to two LTE towers this weekend near Tyngsboro, MA, BSID 666 and BSID 329

And, my 4G light flashed on this morning when I connected briefly to BS54XC906 (BSID 608) in Boston, MA. I will walk over to this tower at lunch and see if I can maintain a connection

• Like 1

So I was passing BS43XC861 ( Fair Grounds) in Brockton an saw the below. The guy said he was there for metro and Sprint. This I pass every day but I'm really curious about the BS23XC445 site for upgrades (any info anyone???), also does anyone see any new panels (1900/800) on this tower ?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84366415@N04/7725042876/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84366415@N04/7725053118/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/84366415@N04/7725056688/

I was not able to keep a connection, but I connected to two LTE towers this weekend near Tyngsboro, MA, BSID 666 and BSID 329

And, my 4G light flashed on this morning when I connected briefly to BS54XC906 (BSID 608) in Boston, MA. I will walk over to this tower at lunch and see if I can maintain a connection

I am curious to know what area of Boston. I work in Boston as well. Thanks

What's the word?

Assuming he is talking about the one at Quincy Market. Look a few pages back.

I am not sure if it is the Quincy Market tower (BS57XC005), or the Broad Street tower (BS54XC906). Either way, I am sitting at the corner of State St. and Congress St., and my 4G icon has lit up several times today. It doesn't last very long and I have only been able to generate one speed test (see below). I'll try and stroll over the Quincy Market later and I'll see if it sticks while I am over there.

4257575d-2ce5-2327.jpg

• Like 1

I am not sure if it is the Quincy Market tower (BS57XC005), or the Broad Street tower (BS54XC906). Either way, I am sitting at the corner of State St. and Congress St., and my 4G icon has lit up several times today. It doesn't last very long and I have only been able to generate one speed test (see below). I'll try and stroll over the Quincy Market later and I'll see if it sticks while I am over there.

Cool! Thanks for the update.

Glad we are getting closer.

I got live 4G LTE tonight in Tewksbury around 7pm!! I was on Route 38 and likely hitting the tower at the Wynn School on Griffin Way, which I know has been worked on. Signal was strong and LTE held steady until I left the area. Speeds were very good.. screenshots attached. Even if its only temporary (?), still a great sign!

-Mike

ad4cabd0-7170-d3f4.jpgad4cabd0-717d-152c.jpg

Can't connect to that tower from my home :/..... Only 2 miles away

I haven't gotten any LTE signals since around 11pm that night.. was probably only up temporarily for testing.

Okay good. Was about to drive down there to test it out. Thanks for saving me some time, the tower on south street by Walgreens has been upgraded, so hopefully thats a 4g tower

Do we know if these are new sites being tested in the Boston market, or sites already complete coming online.

Thanks

Bobby

I don't expect any live LTE signals to stay permanently until market launch.

Robert