Network Vision/LTE - Utah Market (Salt Lake City/Ogden/Provo/St. George/Cedar City)

Rafaelcab

With the amount of b41 currently and the continued progress this number should continue to improve. With all the hype around Verizon being so much faster I'm shocked at their performance. Guess their marketing department is doing a great job.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The first speed test that sprint has ever won. According to the logic of other people, this was never going to happen. I think we will see some more of these this year.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

I knew this would happen :rasp: , I can't wait to see the 2H root metrics reports. Sprint will have a lot more 8t8r up by then. I know sprint will take first in a lot of cities around the united states, in the rootmetrics reports. It is exciting times right now for s4gru and sprint :D

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Looks like Salt lake just got faster, user on G+ just posted this.. Some CA action!

This is great news. I have sprint and an iphone 6s that can do CA. Moving to SLC this summer to goto school @ U of U. Need to start looking for a place (any recommendations?) Hopefully in a neighborhood that will get google fiber and good LTE / CA signal.

• 3 months later...

Post some screenshots..

Also it might even be on CA, post some screen shots of speed test as well.

I haven't been able to stay connected to get a Speedtest yet. I will as soon as I get one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I haven't been able to stay connected to get a Speedtest yet. I will as soon as I get one.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

If your phone is rooted, you can install LTE discovery and get the info we are looking for.

• 6 months later...

Just got the google pixel phone which can do 3xCA, but not seeing any decent speeds in SLC. I guess I could drive out to Sandy or Murray, but would prefer to have some decent signal here @ SLC.

The software on the Pixel hasn't been updated to do 3xCA yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Wow this is huge if true. Source?

It is "huge"???  That seems overly dramatic, since nobody needs 3x CA.  Any carrier aggregation is a behind the scenes network enhancement, not a user facing feature.  Sprint's support of 2x CA and LTE data roaming on BYOD handsets last cycle was questionable, and it may be again with 3x CA this cycle.  But presence or absence of 3x CA is not something that most users will notice or even can detect.

AJ

Wow this is huge if true. Source?

Updates will be pushed to all capable devices when 3xCA is made accessible to the end user. There is nothing huge about this news, it has been well known for most of the summer and now fall. Every press release taking about 3xCA capable device has mentioned that an update to enable 3xCA will be needed once the network is ready.

Sent from my LG G5

• 5 months later...