Athens, GA LTE

danielholt

theres another LTE tower at:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=33.949857,-83.409684&num=1&vpsrc=0&safe=on&ie=UTF8&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A

BUT! when you connect to the LTE, it kicks you off and makes you rejoin 3G. It is to note that there is an LTE tower in that area tho... I just don't have the time to lookup where.

• Like 2

Screenshot_2012-04-30-14-18-58.png

the ping rates are all depending on what test server your speedtesting with..... same spot, same tower, everything.... 1 server in GA yeilded 148ms ping.... another in GA (farther away) 40ms.... it is what it is, YMMV.

• Like 2

its not the app that im concerned about.. its having good regional test servers... but i think that with what i have, i have demonstrated what will be the top end of this tower i was at.... it was kindof in the middle of nowhere around some livestock and trailer parks in the woods.... thinking they might not be putting a whole lot of effort into that area. i believe with the most ideal test server, you could probably yield between 30-35mb down, and 10-15mb up.

• Like 1

I hope we can stay on our grandfathered plans, but knowing how sprint likes to change plans, I don't have much hope. I just want them to reward the customers who stuck it out with sub 100 kbps data while the other 2 carriers have at least 10 times that speed.

I hope we can stay on our grandfathered plans' date=' but knowing how sprint likes to change plans, I don't have much hope. I just want them to reward the customers who stuck it out with sub 100 kbps data while the other 2 carriers have at least 10 times that speed.[/quote']

They reconfirmed recently that unlimited is here to stay. We will see throttling before we see them give up that tagline. For all we know, they intend on capping /metering all dowloads at 8mb instead of letting use go crazy on excess capacity

• Like 4

now for the bad news... an LTE tower thats on the LTE Active list for Athens:

AT04XC508

is not allowing LTE connections, further... the 3G speeds are under half a mb per second, with me sitting right in front of the tower...

Screenshot_2012-04-30-18-52-31.png

IMG_20120430_185310.jpg

Screenshot_2012-04-30-18-56-46.png

AT04XC508

is not allowing LTE connections, further... the 3G speeds are under half a mb per second, with me sitting right in front of the tower...

Screenshot_2012-04-30-18-52-31.png

IMG_20120430_185310.jpg

Screenshot_2012-04-30-18-56-46.png

3g is not active in the athens/atlanta market so that would be expected I believe, I was going to map out coverage of that tower for everyone tomorrow and those LTE speeds are downright sexy.

For those worried about capacity issues with sprint Clearwire has said they can aggregate a 100mhz channel with LTE advance next year with only a software upgrade required after a tower has the LTE equipment and they have an average of 160 mhz of spectrum nationwide, about what att and Verizon have combined.

AT04XC508 is not allowing LTE connections, further...

What happens when you try to use LTE there? Does it show anything in the DEBUG screens saying it is trying to connect? Do you see it flash through the signal indicator? Just curious what happens when a LTE device tries to connect to a live site that Sprint is blocking. Respond when you get a chance.

Robert

Other lte sites I have been on cycle the signal. This site did not. No debug screen.. I didn't know about it

Try your Debug screen the next time when you are cycling through LTE. You get there by pressing ##DEBUG# in your phone dialer. In a LTE device, they may not even have a LTE section in the DEBUG menu. I don't know. But it's worth checking out.

Robert

Try your Debug screen the next time when you are cycling through LTE. You get there by pressing ##DEBUG# in your phone dialer. In a LTE device, they may not even have a LTE section in the DEBUG menu. I don't know. But it's worth checking out.

Robert

on the galaxy nexus it is *#*#DEBUG#*#*

The strange thing is, the MSL wont unlock it

*#*#DATA#*#* still works with MSL though.

• Like 1

on the galaxy nexus it is *#*#DEBUG#*#*

Thanks! I won't have my GNex for a few weeks still. So I'm giving advice blindly! :lol:

Robert

Thanks! I won't have my GNex for a few weeks still. So I'm giving advice blindly! :lol:

Robert

Well I don't know how to get into the debug menu anyway... it's locked with something other than the MSL.

This same thing happened to me when I was on the GS2 and upgraded to ICS - nobody seems to know why the MSL doesn't work anymore.

Well I don't know how to get into the debug menu anyway... it's locked with something other than the MSL.

This same thing happened to me when I was on the GS2 and upgraded to ICS - nobody seems to know why the MSL doesn't work anymore.

I'm in the same boat. I cannot get into my DEBUG menu when I upgraded to ICS. It now has something called a Lock Code. I haven't found anyone online yet who has figured out what their lock code is or how to hack it. :(

Robert

Has anyone tried calling sprint for the lock code?

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes, Sprint doesn't know what it is. They insist using the MSL #, which doesn't work.

did you root and try "getprop ril.msl" in mobile terminal?

Yes. Nothing comes up as the Lock Code. Me and hundreds of other hackers have tried every conceivable code there is all to no avail. At least, so far. :(

Robert