Wireless Financial Reporting Season

marioc21

I am headed to an important meeting, but I will add this point. The number of total sites being completed in 2012 is way down. They were initially aiming for 20,000 sites in 2012. NV is a total of 38,000 sites. This may not be a total schedule slip, as they may make it up in 2013. But it is a slip.

If I were Sprint, I'd consider changing strategies. Perhaps whole market conversions are not the way with the current schedule. Instead of having four/five crews in each of the markets now, maybe break it up and get two of those crews moving on to another market. Even though it will slow down one market, the other one will start getting deployment early. And more markets can have some sort of LTE coverage.

However, I wouldn't slow down Chicago, given their problems. If anything, I would speed that one up.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

That's disappointing to hear. Keep expecting Sprint to surprise people and execute things faster than people expect. Always seems to wind up going the other way. I guess that explains why their NV spending is so low so far. Not progressing as fast as planned.

I am headed to an important meeting' date=' but I will add this point. The number of total sites being completed in 2012 is way down. They were initially aiming for 20,000 sites in 2012. NV is a total of 38,000 sites. This may not be a total schedule slip, as they may make it up in 2013. But it is a slip.

If I were Sprint, I'd consider changing strategies. Perhaps whole market conversions are not the way with the current schedule. Instead of having four/five crews in each of the markets now, maybe break it up and get two of those crews moving on to another market. Even though it will slow down one market, the other one will start getting deployment early. And more markets can have some sort of LTE coverage.

However, I wouldn't slow down Chicago, given their problems. If anything, I would speed that one up.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner[/quote']

To change strategy, wouldnt they have to renegotiate the contract with each vendor? Wondering what kind of internal docs you will see in coming weeks regarding changes in schedule. Sounds like the initial talk of it being a 3- 5 year project may end up being true.

I am headed to an important meeting, but I will add this point. The number of total sites being completed in 2012 is way down. They were initially aiming for 20,000 sites in 2012. NV is a total of 38,000 sites. This may not be a total schedule slip, as they may make it up in 2013. But it is a slip.

Robert via NOVO7PALADIN Tablet using Forum Runner

I agree. If there any markets that are held up for whatever reason (awaiting backhaul, zoning issues, etc) those crews need to be put into use to maximize efficiency. If there are 4 or 5 crews working in that market, move 2 of those crews to the next available market that has all their ducks in order and start building. Sprint cannot afford to wait. Hopefully we will get more clarity as the 2012 year progresses and maybe they can catch up.

I thought the buildout was going slower than it should. However, if a market is having trouble like San Francisco is, move most of the crews to the next market and build that out and then go back and finish.

And if they hired more people, could they catch up and still finish on time for deployment?

By the way, early morning stock price gains have almost fallen off. Last I checked, Sprint was sitting at 2.51/share. Early morning hype doesn't help much for stock pricing anymore.

Chicago sounds like a mess - you would think that given the situation it would make sense to make completing Chicago a #1 priority.

Oh, it is. As of today, Chicago has both the most towers completed (165 of 1,122) as well as the highest percentage of towers complete (14.1%).