Immediate EOL for Nexus S 4G, Evo 4G, Evo 3D

Duffman

Due to very low inventory these devices are now End of Life. You cannot buy through Telesales, stores can only sell what they got, and online sales will be stopped as soon as the web guys make the change.

• Like 1

So if I cracked the glass (already is, not fraud, I just decided to live with it rather than pay $100 to replace it) on my NS4G and pay the $100 for a replacement will I get a Viper or a Galaxy Nexus?

Edit: I guess it could be a Photon or Galaxy SII but still better (:

Edit 2: More likely an Epic or Design 4G (meh)

So if I cracked the glass (already is, not fraud, I just decided to live with it rather than pay $100 to replace it) on my NS4G and pay the $100 for a replacement will I get a Viper or a Galaxy Nexus?

Edit: I guess it could be a Photon or Galaxy SII but still better (:

Edit 2: More likely an Epic or Design 4G (meh)

Most likely if you are using insurance to get it replaced, you would probably end up with a refurb NS4G until Asurion runs out of them.

• Like 2

Hmm..... If I wait long enough that all they have is LTE devices I could get a viper or a GNEX in late 2012 then wait until 800/2500 devices are released to use my upgrade. muahahahaha! :devil:

I would be willing to bet that they will have refurbs for quite some time. At least some people will be doing trade ins of working phones they don't just throw them away I imagine they will be sold as refurbs on sprints site at some point as well as giving assurion and HTC a source of replacements.

Or I could be cynical and say Sprint wants to clean out Wimax inventory with the Nexus LTE and Evo LTE coming.

This wouldn't surprise me a bit. It's time to flush those devices out of the system and make way for the supposed 15 LTE devices that will grace the shelves in the back half.

and yet Samsung Epic 4G is still kicking and still on the best slider on the market. Looking forward for new flagship phone with qwerty keyboard lol

I'm looking for a qwerty slider in an LTE flavor too. Might not be until fall though.

Sent from Joshs iPhone 3Gs using Forum Runner

Evo 3D is EOL? Wow, that's sad. Sorry to see it go so soon.

They are just getting scarce and HTC is not making anymore.

Or I could be cynical and say Sprint wants to clean out Wimax inventory with the Nexus LTE and Evo LTE coming.

HTC can't have stopped making the EVO 3D. Just two weeks ago there were rumors that the EVO 3D was moving to prepaid on virgin mobile. Must just be no more Sprint branded ones.

http://pocketnow.com...r-virgin-mobile

HTC can't have stopped making the EVO 3D. Just two weeks ago there were rumors that the EVO 3D was moving to prepaid on virgin mobile. Must just be no more Sprint branded ones.

http://pocketnow.com...r-virgin-mobile

Then that could be the reason they stopped selling them on Sprint to make way for the Virgin version. I guess we won't know for sure until it actually happens.

Then that could be the reason they stopped selling them on Sprint to make way for the Virgin version. I guess we won't know for sure until it actually happens.

hmm, Im wondering if they can ship those EVO 3D with Wimax disabled? or modify the chipset?

hmm' date=' Im wondering if they can ship those EVO 3D with Wimax disabled? or modify the chipset?[/quote']

Good question. But i think Sprint was probably planning on 4g offerings for their prepaid brands in the near future anyway. Sure would a good competition driver in the prepaid market.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Good question. But i think Sprint was probably planning on 4g offerings for their prepaid brands in the near future anyway. Sure would a good competition driver in the prepaid market.

Sent from Joshs Evo Shift using Forum Runner

I thought the rumors were pretty out there. Couple reasons why:

Prepaid phones have LONG shelf lives. I doubt sprint would commit to wimax for the foreseeable future like that. They are trying to move off WiMAX not onto it.

While Sprint has paid for unlimited wimax from clearwire through 2013 in 2014+ they will have to pay based on data usage. It seems counter-intuitive to give a prepaid customer (low margin customer) a product where they could rack up large data bills for sprint (same reason why you can't roam off-network like you can if you are sprint postpaid).

Just my thoughts - it will be interesting to see what they end up doing.

Curious, but is the Epic Touch the only WiMax phone still going for $200? I've seen it maybe slightly less for some new line activation's, and a few upgrades, but it still has legs. Anyway, the "fire sales" have started for everything but the ET. Maybe next month or early June.

• 2 months later...
News flash sprint announced the ns4g will be getting asop status and jellybean I guess my phone isn't dead yet

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

As you put it, "newsflash" EOL just means that Sprint isn't selling the phone. Whether the manufacturer wants to keep updating the software is on them. The 3D is still supposed to be getting ICS... possibly JB.

From JBtoro on Forum Runner

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...