HTC U11

leozno1

I'm liking it. Very good upgrade from my HTC M9. I haven't used LG, so I can't help you there. It's quick, smooth, and hangs onto signal much better. Camera's real nice, and the audio is good, too.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

So how is this phone over all now that's it been out for a little bit? I am looking to upgrade from my LG G5 and was considering the U11 or LG G6.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

You can't really go wrong with either. 

My last 4 phones have been htc. All have been great and regarding updates they are very transparent. They have a website that says what stage the updates are in and if that's not enough just look at Mo Versi's Twitter feed. 

This device is still getting high marks after a month of release.

This will be my next phone if I don't care for the Pixel 2 XL.

I'm only interested in unlocked phones.  I know there is a "Sprint" version, is that only for firmware updates?  Hardware-wise, are all U11's the same?

Although I've been with Sprint for 17+ years, I do not want to purchase a phone that is locked to Sprint.

The solar red looks pretty hot.  Anyone on the thread have it?

This device is still getting high marks after a month of release.

This will be my next phone if I don't care for the Pixel 2 XL.

I'm only interested in unlocked phones.  I know there is a "Sprint" version, is that only for firmware updates?  Hardware-wise, are all U11's the same?

Although I've been with Sprint for 17+ years, I do not want to purchase a phone that is locked to Sprint.

The solar red looks pretty hot.  Anyone on the thread have it?

Yes, the hardware is the same.  The sprint version is off course locked to sprint but the process to unlock it is relatively easy.  Keep in mind that even though the hardware is the same you won't be able to purchase the unlocked version to activate on sprint.

• Like 1

Yes, the hardware is the same. The sprint version is off course locked to sprint but the process to unlock it is relatively easy. Keep in mind that even though the hardware is the same you won't be able to purchase the unlocked version to activate on sprint.

To clarify; if I purchase this phone at full price, all upfront, I'm still relegated to a Sprint locked device?

That is crazy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

To clarify; if I purchase this phone at full price, all upfront, I'm still relegated to a Sprint locked device?

That is crazy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Not sure what their exact policy is when it comes to purchasing outright but I'm pretty sure they will unlock it for you at some point.  Regardless, sim unlocking it yourself is a relatively easy process.

• Like 1

Not sure what their exact policy is when it comes to purchasing outright but I'm pretty sure they will unlock it for you at some point.  Regardless, sim unlocking it yourself is a relatively easy process.

I sure appreciate sharing your info and thoughts.  My issue certainly isn't with you.

Let's say I pay $649 plus tax for the phone through HTC, without financing.

The phone I just paid in full for comes SIM locked, and I have to go through unlocking it myself.

While the non-Sprint firmware specific phones are all unlocked and can be used basically on any network.

Apologies, my astonishment isn't directed at you.

I sure appreciate sharing your info and thoughts.  My issue certainly isn't with you.

Let's say I pay $649 plus tax for the phone through HTC, without financing.

The phone I just paid in full for comes SIM locked, and I have to go through unlocking it myself.

While the non-Sprint firmware specific phones are all unlocked and can be used basically on any network.

Apologies, my astonishment isn't directed at you.

If you purchase a sprint specific model directly from htc then it will be locked to sprint, this is a sprint issue not an htc issue.  If you are intending on using it on sprint then the sprint model is what you want which can also be unlocked to be used on any other network if so desired but if you don't care to activate it on sprint then just get the unlocked version which will work on any other carrier except sprint. 

edit:

no different that buying a galaxy or iphone where all the models have the same hardware just software locked to each specific carrier if you bought it directly from samsung or apple with carrier branding.

edit #2:

No need to apologies, I understand where you are coming from.  The reality is that we have come a long way where the majority of flagship devices are all basically shipping with the same hardware supporting just about every band available with the only differences being the software.  That alone is amazing, it saves oem's additional over head from having to make hardware specific models per carrier plus a carrier free version and it gives consumers more options as well.

• Like 1

If you purchase a sprint specific model directly from htc then it will be locked to sprint, this is a sprint issue not an htc issue.  If you are intending on using it on sprint then the sprint model is what you want which can also be unlocked to be used on any other network if so desired but if you don't care to activate it on sprint then just get the unlocked version which will work on any other carrier except sprint. 

edit:

no different that buying a galaxy or iphone where all the models have the same hardware just software locked to each specific carrier if you bought it directly from samsung or apple with carrier branding.

edit #2:

No need to apologies, I understand where you are coming from.  The reality is that we have come a long way where the majority of flagship devices are all basically shipping with the same hardware supporting just about every band available with the only differences being the software.  That alone is amazing, it saves oem's additional over head from having to make hardware specific models per carrier plus a carrier free version and it gives consumers more options as well.

Without question, things have come a long way, in a relatively short time.  For my needs, a phone must be unlocked, unencumbered to use anywhere, on just about any network.  I actually budget and save money so I can choose the device that best suits my needs and wants.

The U11 is still on the short list to replace the Pixel XL2 I plan on purchasing later this year, but it certainly has dropped a few pegs.

I admire the way HTC keeps battling, coming up with what is seemingly a stellar device.  I didn't know what would happen after they released the U Ultra.  But heck, we all have different tastes, needs, wants, requirements, etc.

• Like 1

Anyone get the code to order echo dots yet? I registered my MEID decimal thrice, due to their glitch, but haven't seen a follow up to actually order. 

The update for Alexa just showed up for me. I'm still skeptical about allowing Amazon access to always listen. I'm not super fond of Google either to be fair. Hopefully the echo dots can make me some money though or at least make a good present. 

Didn't get my code yet for the dots anyone else not get there's

Don't forget to check your spam folder

How much of an improvement is this compared to the HTC 10?

In my opinion I think it's worthy of an upgrade if you have the 10. The difference in screen size, addition of ip67, major camera improvements(the 10 did have a good camera too though), very nice build quality, edge sense(which is actually very useful), much better battery life and the headphones out of the box are fantastic. And on top of all that, it's probably the fastest Android device next to the pixel.

• Like 1

There is news around the internet of a 6gb/128gb version on sale now, or soon. I didn't read too much into it though, and I"m not sure if this will be available directly from Sprint, or if its only available online, which in case it isn't, then I'm unsure whether or not it is fully Sprint compatible.

There is news around the internet of a 6gb/128gb version on sale now, or soon. I didn't read too much into it though, and I"m not sure if this will be available directly from Sprint, or if its only available online, which in case it isn't, then I'm unsure whether or not it is fully Sprint compatible.

It won't be available on sprint.

I went to the mountains last weekend where previously on my m8 I used to roam on Verizon for voice and 3g data. This time no connection. However, my wife's bolt roamed without a problem.

• 3 weeks later...

I switched to this phone from an LG G6 and I'm noticing a difference in the RF performance, a positive difference. At home I had never pulled over 1 mbps in upload when connected to B41 and this phone just pulled 4.5 up at a -118 dBm, which is the type of performance I expected from the G6. I'm happy I made the switch so far.

• Like 4