Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

This phone really loves B26, but unusable at 120+dBm.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The May update had it usable at 120dbm but the most recent one made it worse.

I'm still wondering why we haven't been updated to the July security patch, every other carrier has been updated afaik.

That's a surprise since even the 955U1 has been already updated.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Tested out the GS8+ & its HPUE ability inside the Mission Viejo mall and its known dead and 3G spots. There were no improvements at all. I brought along my 910C unlocked Note 4 with a T-Mobile mint SIM card and I had strong LTE all around despite the phone not supporting Band 12.

I'm getting more certain I'll be leaving Sprint once the remaining 2 lines are finally out of contract. Band 26 would've been good to have but Mexico....

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Remember that HPUE is only for B41, and only the uplink. Unless these dead spots and drops to 3G go straight from B41 to EVDO or nothing, HPUE won't make a difference for those areas.

Sent from my LG G5

I'm still wondering why we haven't been updated to the July security patch, every other carrier has been updated afaik.

Keep in mind you can always update your SM-G955U to SM-G955U1 unlocked version... In the long run I think the Sprint version will get more updated. The unlocked version usually only gets quarterly. At least that is how it was with the S7... I think the S8 caught the end of the quarter and thats why it has July security patch. You can go back and forth though... 

Keep in mind you can always update your SM-G955U to SM-G955U1 unlocked version... In the long run I think the Sprint version will get more updated. The unlocked version usually only gets quarterly. At least that is how it was with the S7... I think the S8 caught the end of the quarter and thats why it has July security patch. You can go back and forth though... 

Got a link?

Keep in mind you can always update your SM-G955U to SM-G955U1 unlocked version... In the long run I think the Sprint version will get more updated. The unlocked version usually only gets quarterly. At least that is how it was with the S7... I think the S8 caught the end of the quarter and thats why it has July security patch. You can go back and forth though...

It is still too early to congratulate Samsung but since March, the U GS7E has been getting updates monthly. Same for the 955U1 GS8. Samsung has, so far, improved their support for the USA Unlocked models.

Little by little, they're catching up to Apple's standards.

• Like 1

Check Out

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3625817

And for the Sprint Software and Userdata. That Can be downloaded here (the unlocked firmware is attached to the first post):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s8/how-to/guide-flash-to-stock-sprint-galaxy-s8-t3604291

Check Out

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s8/how-to/snap-guide-flashing-standard-fw-carrier-t3625817

And for the Sprint Software and Userdata. That Can be downloaded here (the unlocked firmware is attached to the first post):

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sprint-galaxy-s8/how-to/guide-flash-to-stock-sprint-galaxy-s8-t3604291

So I want to download the 955U1 firmware correct?

So I want to download the 955U1 firmware correct?

Yes that is the unlocked firmware make sure to have your phone backed up with smartswitch as switching will wipe your data

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Yes that is the unlocked firmware make sure to have your phone backed up with smartswitch as switching will wipe your data

Ok now my other question is which file? there is for example USA (TMK), USA (Sprint) (SPR), USA (XAA), USA (AT&T) (ATT) etc.

Ok now my other question is which file? there is for example USA (TMK), USA (Sprint) (SPR), USA (XAA), USA (AT&T) (ATT) etc.

XAA is unlocked firmware and SPR would be Sprint

And what is the advantage of this?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

No Sprint bloat for one and for now more recent android updates

No Sprint bloat for one and for now more recent android updates

Plus when you do easy pay on your phone it's technically unlocked anyway lol, I would just be getting the official software.

I have a brand new unlocked S8+ phone that I bought but haven't activated it yet. Still deciding if I want to use it or keep using my Note 5.

I'm on B41 most of the time in my metro area. But reading several comments in this forum that it doesn't hold onto B41 a lot.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Remember that HPUE is only for B41, and only the uplink. Unless these dead spots and drops to 3G go straight from B41 to EVDO or nothing, HPUE won't make a difference for those areas.

Sent from my LG G5

I suppose you're right but it sure is getting frustrating waiting on Sprint to demonstrate perceivable improvements in the areas where competitors have either improved or are doing well already.

Back on the topic of GS8, the phone is slowly but surely winning me over despite my initial reluctance and skepticism to upgrade from my GS7E. The GS7E is now with my mother and her old Note 3 has become one of my backup phones.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that the TGSP situation is a lot better for the GS8 family than it was for the GS7 family. I purchased a case-friendly TGSP from Otium on Amazon and it was a perfect fit with no loss of touch sensitivity & no "rainbow smear" artifacts.

For the back glass, I've protected it with a clear film from IQ Shield.

As long as I have a case on it, finding & using the FPS has been a nonissue.

Hmm yeah I'm definitely flashing the unlocked firmware this weekend, almost through August and still no update, something is wrong here lol considering the unlocked software has been updated for over a month, which is almost unheard of with an unlocked device lol.

The current unlocked build for production is QG2, my phone updated earlier this month.

This is an S8 originally Sprint, flashed with unlocked software and SIM unlocked to run Verizon.

The current unlocked build for production is QG2, my phone updated earlier this month.

This is an S8 originally Sprint, flashed with unlocked software and SIM unlocked to run Verizon.

Does Samsung pay still work?