Samsung Galaxy S8 & Dual Sim/Duos

Andrew Revering

I was hotspotting kids tablet stayed on band 26 while on a 30 min ride and I'm in dense band 41 area that has all 8t8r. Somebody else try it like leave youtube streaming see if it changes bands.

Only battery issue is the fact that there is only a 10 min difference between regular charging and fast charging. But battery life has been incredible! This was yesterday. d9b4c890e7c196a7d99d63d6311f876b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yeah that's about double of what I get on my Note 5.

I was hotspotting kidstable stayed on band 26 while on a 30 min ride and I'm in dense band 41 area that has all 8t8r. Somebody else try it like leave youtube streaming see if it changes bands.

Mine switches from b41 to b25 when I'm using internet. I even tried video. It doesn't switch back to band 25 or 41 til data stops though.

If you are relying upon SignalCheck Pro to display band switching, with certain combinations of handsets, bands, and GCIs, SignalCheck Pro no longer is fully accurate at identifying bands.  Confirm with engineering screens or other apps.

AJ

• Like 1

If you are relying upon SignalCheck Pro to display band switching, with certain combinations of handsets, bands, and GCIs, SignalCheck Pro no longer is fully accurate at identifying bands. Confirm with engineering screens or other apps.

AJ

SCP has gotten less accurate each passing day.

Noticed quite often it thinks I'm on b26 when in reality I'm on B41. But never the other way around.

I was hotspotting kidstable stayed on band 26 while on a 30 min ride and I'm in dense band 41 area that has all 8t8r. Somebody else try it like leave youtube streaming see if it changes bands.

It should be switching, even during active data sessions. Both of my Nexus and iPhone will switch from band 26 to band 25 without any issues during active data sessions (streaming live radio). The S8 should even go from 3G to LTE on active data sessions without a hiccup.

But then again, it could be a Samsung thing. I do remember my old Galaxy S5 being stubborn and not switching bands until I put the phone down or completely lost signal on the cell I was on.

I know for a fact that every phone I've owned has a hard time going from FDD LTE to TDD LTE. I've seen it happen, but it just doesn't happen as often as it should.

I was hotspotting kids tablet stayed on band 26 while on a 30 min ride and I'm in dense band 41 area that has all 8t8r. Somebody else try it like leave youtube streaming see if it changes bands.

My Pixel often will be shunted from B41 to B26 as soon as I turn on tethering and stays there. So it could be a network thing.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It should be switching, even during active data sessions. Both of my Nexus and iPhone will switch from band 26 to band 25 without any issues during active data sessions (streaming live radio). The S8 should even go from 3G to LTE on active data sessions without a hiccup.

But then again, it could be a Samsung thing. I do remember my old Galaxy S5 being stubborn and not switching bands until I put the phone down or completely lost signal on the cell I was on.

I know for a fact that every phone I've owned has a hard time going from FDD LTE to TDD LTE. I've seen it happen, but it just doesn't happen as often as it should.

I think the FDD to TD handoffs during data isn't great possibly due to the fact that they are two different antennas.

• Like 1

They definitely did not stop hyping it up..

They have a third device that's on boost.

What device is that?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk