Can HPUE be used on bands 25 and 26?

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway:  The HPUE technology that Sprint will be adding to band 41 appears to be a great way to increase signal penetration and distance.

My question:  Can these same techniques/methods also be applied to the other Sprint bands, 25 and 26, to help increase the signal penetration and distance of those bands?

Thanks for the explanation!

Hello,

Probably a stupid question but I'll ask anyway:  The HPUE technology that Sprint will be adding to band 41 appears to be a great way to increase signal penetration and distance.

My question:  Can these same techniques/methods also be applied to the other Sprint bands, 25 and 26, to help increase the signal penetration and distance of those bands?

Thanks for the explanation!

Not unless the 3GPP changes the specs for those bands which it just did for band 41.

Not unless the 3GPP changes the specs for those bands which it just did for band 41.

Doesn't that have to change for Sprint to do B25 Carrier aggregation which will happen at some point. So they could do that upgrade at the same time.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Doesn't that have to change for Sprint to do B25 Carrier aggregation which will happen at some point. So they could do that upgrade at the same time.

Nope. HPUE is a power class change from 3 to 2 for B41 (only). It allows phones' transmit power to be increased from 23dBm to 26dBm.

Generally, B41 uplink fails long before B41 downlink. For example, in my house, on a -124 B41 signal, I can pull a solid 20-25 mbps on the downlink but uploads will often time out or fail. HPUE will address this problem by making B41 usable down to lower signal levels, thus effectively increasing its range.

HPUE doesn't have any effect on other bands or carrier aggregation.

Nope. HPUE is a power class change from 3 to 2 for B41 (only). It allows phones' transmit power to be increased from 23dBm to 26dBm.

Generally, B41 uplink fails long before B41 downlink. For example, in my house, on a -124 B41 signal, I can pull a solid 20-25 mbps on the downlink but uploads will often time out or fail. HPUE will address this problem by making B41 usable down to lower signal levels, thus effectively increasing its range.

HPUE doesn't have any effect on other bands or carrier aggregation.

Well I it's most important for B41 anyway B25 and 26 have good enough signals.

Wonder if all phones will support HPUE flagship or midrange.

Like most of these new technologies, they seem to start off with higher end phones and then will make their way down the line. 

I think he means that theoretically Band 25 has approximately 90% of the range of Band 2/4.

No. He means that HPUE devices will enable B41 to theoretically perform almost as well as B25 both outdoors and indoors.

But ~90% is the optimistic number. Once HPUE devices are released into the wild, we will likely not see that type of performance. Nothing ever works as advertised.

The 90% is the indoor estimate, 99% is the outdoor estimate for b41 with hpue compared to b25. B25 and b26 are limited by 3g being in those bands and interference issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

The 90% is the indoor estimate, 99% is the outdoor estimate for b41 with hpue compared to b25. B25 and b26 are limited by 3g being in those bands and interference issues.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

That is what I thought. Thanks!