Sprint 850 MHz is so Congested.

What app are you using that could show Bandwidth? Does it require root?

It must require root. I can't get the app to work on my phone.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

The app is called network signal guru and it does require root permissions. The center frequency is the same for both the 5x5 and 3x3 carriers, so it seems to be measuring bandwidth in some way, shape or form. It makes me wonder why stock android engineering screens don't show LTE carrier bandwidth if the radio has the capability. Samsung devices have been the gold standard for BW measurement, and I've already seen a 3 MHz bandwidth LTE 800 carrier in the engineering screens.

The debug screen on Samsung devices shows bandwidth

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It must require root. I can't get the app to work on my phone.

The app is called network signal guru and it does require root permissions. The center frequency is the same for both the 5x5 and 3x3 carriers, so it seems to be measuring bandwidth in some way, shape or form. It makes me wonder why stock android engineering screens don't show LTE carrier bandwidth if the radio has the capability. Samsung devices have been the gold standard for BW measurement, and I've already seen a 3 MHz bandwidth LTE 800 carrier in the engineering screens.

Yep I reported 3x3 in MN way up north last summer.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, still a pipe dream.  Only non cellular operations are permitted below 815 MHz x 860 MHz.  Moreover, some Sprint devices are not FCC tested/authorized in band class 10 below channel 476.

AJ

One thing I've wondered, SoutherLinc owns a few MHz below Sprints and below 815MHz.  Being a power company, I can see the public safety need, but still they operate a cellular network, has LTE, and apparently will be a Sprint roaming partner.

Did they get some type of special wavier? 

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, but no. Although B26 covers 814-849 and 859-894, BC10 covers down to 806mhz on the uplink and 851mhz on the downlink. If Sprint were able to acquire some of the SMR spectrum below their current holdings, they could expand their B26 LTE carrier to a 10mhz FDD carrier (814-824 and 859-869) and push their 1x carrier into the spectrum below B26 but included in BC10.

BC10 is unavailable in Jefferson County due to Jeffco 911 DMR repeaters opperating at 850-864 MHz.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here? Also, how does posting the spectrum analyzer image prove anything is congested? 

My AT&T phone is compatible with B25 & B26 it roams on Sprint when I'm in a low coverage area and the network is very slow.

BC10 is unavailable in Jefferson County due to Jeffco 911 DMR repeaters opperating at 850-864 MHz.

Oh…maybe that spectrum is free in other markets/areas though - after all SouthernLINC is operating an SMR LTE network sub 817/862 MHz…

My AT&T phone is compatible with B25 & B26 it roams on Sprint when I'm in a low coverage area and the network is very slow.

Does it actually connect to the network? Sprint and, att don't have a roaming agreement.

Are you sure your phone isn't just scanning LTE bands? AT&T does not have any roaming agreements with Sprint.

• Like 1