Sprint 3xCA ?

• 2 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to semi-resurrect a thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new one. I'm curious about when we can expect to see higher speeds on band 41 uploads? I read that there was something involving CA or something similar for uploads as well that was in the pipeline, even if it's a long term thing. I'd appreciate any guidance,

Thanks!

Thomas

Hi all,

Sorry to semi-resurrect a thread, but I figured it would be better than starting a new one. I'm curious about when we can expect to see higher speeds on band 41 uploads? I read that there was something involving CA or something similar for uploads as well that was in the pipeline, even if it's a long term thing. I'd appreciate any guidance,

Thanks!

Thomas

It has been talking about. Just need devices that supports it. When the HTC A9 came out it was said that it supports it. It doesn't sound like they will inable it on that phone. Which makes no since.

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It has been talking about. Just need devices that supports it. When the HTC A9 came out it was said that it supports it. It doesn't sound like they will inable it on that phone. Which makes no since.

It's not uncommon for chipset features to go unsupported in devices. Just because the modem or processor supports something doesn't mean the handset has the rest of the necessary hardware in place to implement the feature.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

It's not uncommon for chipset features to go unsupported in devices. Just because the modem or processor supports something doesn't mean the handset has the rest of the necessary hardware in place to implement the feature.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk

Like the Note 2 that supported CDMA BC10, but Sprint removed 1x800 from the PRL that the Note 2 received. To this day, I don't think Sprint has allowed 1x800 to the Note2, even though I remember them saying they were working on a fix via firmware update.

Like the Note 2 that supported CDMA BC10, but Sprint removed 1x800 from the PRL that the Note 2 received. To this day, I don't think Sprint has allowed 1x800 to the Note2, even though I remember them saying they were working on a fix via firmware update.

Correct. Though it worked fine for me if I sideloaded a regular PRL. I think it was a manufacturing issue on some.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thanks!

Thomas

I don't think you will see higher upload speeds, it's a ratio for download/upload with a finite spectrum resource.

Hi all,

Thanks!

Thomas

Upload speeds on B41 are staying where they are at for the time being. Upload side carrier aggregation has been discussed and is in Sprint's roadmap, but there is no clear indication of how far out it is. I would suspect at least a year? Probably longer, but it's hard to say.

Sent from my LG G5

• Like 1

Iirc they could adjust the download upload ratio else the chips can add it along with another antenna transmit path, which would double it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Iirc they could adjust the download upload ratio else the chips can add it along with another antenna transmit path, which would double it.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

They could adjust the ratio, but if they do it will be to favor the download side, not the upload.

Sent from my LG G5

They could adjust the ratio, but if they do it will be to favor the download side, not the upload.

Sent from my LG G5

When the S8 comes out we will have to see if the Specs support it or not. That could tell us..

http://www.bizjournals.com/kansascity/news/2017/03/09/sprint-gigabit-lte-speed-us-demonstration.html

"In a packed arena during a National Basketball Association game, Sprint Corp. put its network claims to the test. The carrier said it was ahead of the ball — the first in the U.S. to reach blazing fast, near-gigabit speeds on licensed, commercial spectrum."

• Like 1

Means voice is roaming on vzw but data is on Sprint

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

I got that but, does that mean B41 is on a vzw tower? Weird seeing that in a metro area. It's also a Samsung Market where GCI are usually 09B.