Anyone get the RCS update yet?

My RCS messages go through just fine when connected to wifi.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

And they should. What doesn't is MMS messaged over WiFi.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is it just me or did one of the last updates to "Android Messages" enable regular MMS over WiFi?

I can enable airplane mode, turn on WiFi (so then it's the only radio enabled), and send MMS messages to my son's iPhone SE.

• Like 1

Is it just me or did one of the last updates to "Android Messages" enable regular MMS over WiFi?

I can enable airplane mode, turn on WiFi (so then it's the only radio enabled), and send MMS messages to my son's iPhone SE.

I just tested and can send SMS and MMS over WiFi. Cool.

Like what funcationality is actually enabled with Android Messages?  I have a V20, wife has an S6.  When one is typing a message the other can't "see" they are typing.  Also don't know if messages have been read yet or not.

Also, wtf is the file transfer feature!??! Ugh....

That's weird. It didn't work for me. Tells me to "tap to retry" and it never works.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

For me on my GS7 using Google's messaging app I can send MMS on WiFi only. I think that's relatively new. But SMS still only works if the network radio is on using that app.

Also, this is with WiFi calling disabled.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

With Samsung saying their native messaging app supports RCS on the GS8 and that it's uses the GSMA's universal standard, does that mean I can use their app for RCS messaging other devices that are using Android Messages?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So I've had RCS enabled for 4 months now. My wife uses an iPhone and I don't know a single person who has a sprint android. Is there a group chat i can join? Or at least someone willing to let me send a RCS message so i can at least say I've used RCS?

Edited by stanleywinthrop

With Samsung saying their native messaging app supports RCS on the GS8 and that it's uses the GSMA's universal standard, does that mean I can use their app for RCS messaging other devices that are using Android Messages?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, assuming both you and the recipient are on a carrier that has RCS enabled.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've had RCS enabled for 4 months now. My wife uses an iPhone and I don't know a single person who has a sprint android. Is there a group chat i can join? Or at least someone willing to let me send a RCS message so i can at least say I've used RCS?

Did you get to send your RCS message?

• 3 months later...

I've downloaded this app multiple times on my Pixel when I have been using it. Under advanced it never seems to pick up when I try to set it up. I just assume the RCS isn't working with Google messenger/

• 1 month later...

Well now I know RCS actually works on my device. My dad recently got a Note 8 and I texted him directly as opposed to in a group chat for the first time in a while and was caught off guard by green text boxes and read receipts. They also sent very quickly like an instant message.

I should add that we are both using the default Samsung Messaging app as opposed to the Android Messages app.

On 4/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, NanoVirus said:

Tried sending a SMS and MMS on wifi only on my HTC 10. Sadly neither would go through.

Same here. Well it will if I use the native HTC messaging app

for weeks now i have been getting 2-3 messages per day saying messaging enhanced features have been enabled on my account (with a confirmation #).  thing is, i use textra so i do not know why this is happening and it is nothing i am doing.

• 2 weeks later...

Something cool I noticed. You know how in Allo you can see who has it downloaded by trying to start an Incognito chat? With RCS (at least in Samsung Message) you can see who has RCS enabled by clicking the menu button in the top right corner and clicking "start a group chat" and it'll show you all the people that have it.

• Like 2