Anyone get the RCS update yet?

Does rcs work with Google voice integration?

As a Google Voice user, my expectation is no.

AJ

• Like 1

My aunt's GS6 edge got the update in the stock Samsung messaging app. When I went to send a photo to myself, it asked me if I wanted to use SMS or RCS (though not under those terms, I think it said advanced messaging). When I clicked advanced messaging only two people from her contacts came up and I'm assuming those people also have RCS on Sprint.

My aunt's GS6 edge got the update in the stock Samsung messaging app. When I went to send a photo to myself, it asked me if I wanted to use SMS or RCS (though not under those terms, I think it said advanced messaging). When I clicked advanced messaging only two people from her contacts came up and I'm assuming those people also have RCS on Sprint.

That's not RCS. Samsung has that baked into their stock messaging app. RCS will go through Google Messenger only.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

That's not RCS. Samsung has that baked into their stock messaging app. RCS will go through Google Messenger only.

AFAIK, T-Mobile and AT&T stated that Adavanced Messaging on their Samsung devices is their implementation of RCS.

• 2 weeks later...

My work phone had RCS messaging enabled yesterday (S4T) and my wife's phone (S6) became enabled today. Still waiting on my personal phone to get that ability (Note 5). We both got a message asking if we wanted to use enhanced messaging when we opened the Google Messenger app. It then sends you a text message saying it has been activated. It then adds a new option in the settings (in advanced options) for enhanced features.

Still nothing on my Pixel XL. Even updated to the new version of Google Messenger. I wonder if it's an account by account toggle, rather than a line by line toggle.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Got the update this afternoon. Has anyone noticed that the app still compresses images when sent to a non-Sprint device or a Sprint device that does not have RCS enabled?

At that point it just gets sent as a regular SMS message.

I got the alert just now and enabled it. But it's still not showing up in advanced settings. And messages to people I know have it enabled are showing as sending with SMS still... Grrr

Sent from my Pixel XL

I just got it today on my Nexus 6. Too bad none of my family use Google Messenger. I know Sprint is planning on switching to Google Messenger as the default messenger on Sprint phones next year but do you guys think they'd push updates to existing phones that would install it or would that be too much? I suppose I could just tell my family members to download it.

Just got it today, my device is Google Voice Integrated so that was a surprise. Came along with a Messenger software update in Play store.

Running the N beta on an S7 Edge.

Really? Interesting what message did you get? I have the same setup with s7e running nougat and sprintegration. Just have to download messenger again.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Really? Interesting what message did you get? I have the same setup with s7e running nougat and sprintegration. Just have to download messenger again.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

It just asked if I wanted to enabled enhanced messaging, then asked me to exclude Messenger from battery optimizing. And that was it. I think you're supposed to get a confirmation text from Sprint but I never got it, nor did another phone that got the same notice a few days ago. So it's not actually enabled...

Sent from my Pixel XL

• Like 2

It appears they maybe intend to roll it out on the stock Samsung messenger http://eguides.sprint.com/support/eguides/samsunggalaxys7edge/content/samsung_galaxy_s7_edge_ug/use_enhanced_messaging.html

Sent from my Pixel XL

That's a separate feature that's been on Samsung phones for the past couple years. It's not RCS messaging, although it is similar.

• Like 1