GMO Site Discussion (Ground Mount Option)

If needed. They're rf combiners not splitters. 4 to two, not two to 4.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

Gotcha. (I've been reassured they're the same physical device thing before, but I suppose the distinction matters a lot in this context.)

• 4 weeks later...

With regard to GMR, what causes them to do the full conversion of panels and then mount the radios on the ground?

Is it when they convert a GMO to NV? Where the radios are already mounted on the ground so they just put up new antennas and run new cable?

Nevermind I found that it's when they just can't fit the RRU next to the panel for various reasons.

With regard to GMR, what causes them to do the full conversion of panels and then mount the radios on the ground?

Is it when they convert a GMO to NV? Where the radios are already mounted on the ground so they just put up new antennas and run new cable?

Nevermind I found that it's when they just can't fit the RRU next to the panel for various reasons.

It almost always is an engineering issue. Structure can't handle the added weight, not enough space to mount, adds to much wind resistance, etc. It sometimes also is a lease issue. Landlord wants too much of a rent increase to add radios, but existing lease allows for radios a base station.

Using Tapatalk on Note 8.0