GMO Site Discussion (Ground Mount Option)

any one know if GMO sites able to do 10x10 or even a 2nd carrier or does it all depend on the equipment?

The radios could do it, I believe GMOs get new cabinets so it should support new network cards, I don't know about the panels though.

any one know if  GMO sites able to do 10x10 or even a 2nd carrier or does it all depend on the equipment?

10x10 or 2nd carrier is dependent on local spectrum holdings, hardware should be fine.

Is Sprint not using Mobilitie for NYC? Both of those names are in house employees.

These are mini macro conversions. So it would make sense to have Sprint's guy's handle this.

Clear site conversions, so no these are not Mobilite. They were already in place. Mobilite will be doing the new sites that come next.

The radios could do it, I believe GMOs get new cabinets so it should support new network cards, I don't know about the panels though.

We have a number of GMO LTE sites around in Missouri and Kansas, none of them have a second carrier. The same goes for the few GMO LTE sites that have gone live in the Samsung market of Nebraska/Iowa. Every other full build site has the second carrier live, and has had it for several months, but the GMOs do not. So far the evidence says GMOs will not have the second carrier. 

Clear site conversions, so no these are not Mobilite. They were already in place. Mobilite will be doing the new sites that come next.

We have a number of GMO LTE sites around in Missouri and Kansas, none of them have a second carrier. The same goes for the few GMO LTE sites that have gone live in the Samsung market of Nebraska/Iowa. Every other full build site has the second carrier live, and has had it for several months, but the GMOs do not. So far the evidence says GMOs will not have the second carrier.

GMOs cannot do a second carrier or 10x10 in Samsung markets. Confirmed by a Samsung engineer.

GMOs cannot do a second carrier or 10x10 in Samsung markets. Confirmed by a Samsung engineer.

I beg to differ, we have a gmo in the Cincinnati market that definitely is broadcasting 10x10

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

• Like 1

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/page-224&do=findComment&comment=483412

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, a GMO site has updated base stations and the RRU mounted next to the base station, rather than up near the antenna panel. If so, as long as the panel has 2T2R ports for 1.9, and the proper card is in the BTS, it should support 10x10 LTE.

• Like 1

If I'm not mistaken, a GMO site has updated base stations and the RRU mounted next to the base station, rather than up near the antenna panel. If so, as long as the panel has 2T2R ports for 1.9, and the proper card is in the BTS, it should support 10x10 LTE.

It does support it, not should.

Actually, it looks like there are only two lines going out of the RRUs. So why are there four input lines on those combiners?

Edit: it just occurred to me that they may be using the combiners as splice points for the old coax to new coax. Is that a thing that happens?

:pinch:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/7581-gmo-site-discussion-ground-mount-option/?p=488451

According to my engineer, most GMOs in Seattle use RF combiners which limit the B25 bandwidth to 5x5.

Yep. Observe nowherelaters GMO site setup. 

Notice those RF combiners were bypassed and they ran the coax directly into the RRUs. 

• Like 2

Please show these to your engineer and ask him how.

Yep. Observe nowherelaters GMO site setup. 

Notice those RF combiners were bypassed and they ran the coax directly into the RRUs. 

So I just looked real closely and realized the combiners aren't connected to anything. I feel dumb now.

So to clarify, some RRUs can do MIMO LTE+CDMA over just two coax lines?

So I just looked real closely and realized the combiners aren't connected to anything. I feel dumb now.

So to clarify, some RRUs can do MIMO LTE+CDMA over just two coax lines?

SISO / SIMO

• Like 2